RMweb

Scalefour North 2019

As it's only 3 weeks away I reckon it's about time this was publicised here.  Excellent show with lots of traders that you very rarely see 'oop Norf - and some great layouts and demos.

https://www.scalefour.org/scalefournorth/2019/

Everyone is welcome!  You don't have to be an S4 Society member or model only in 4mm scale.  Plenty of inspiration for all.

Edited by 5050
spellering!
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, GTi said:

The venue is close enough to walk from either of the Wakefield stations.

Only half a mile from Westgate station according Giggle maps.

There's some rather nice lampposts on that particular half mile.

Now lets see if this works.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/53.6832248,-1.5058111/53.6888422,-1.5010516/@53.6855504,-1.5079847,1376m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!4m1!3e2

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Funny 1

16 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

You're worse than Uncle Albert and the war!

Thanks.

Did I ever tell you about the night I leant against this little beauty just along from Qwegs?

https://goo.gl/maps/f8Lj4tpf22w

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

I'm looking forward to the catering...

...and for some reason the crocodile sisters will be looking forward to you...who else gets their very own puddings reserved just for them?

...and in between meals, its a damn fine show, whatever your preference in gauges...

Edited by Axlebox
  • Agree 1

if your not up to walking the distance, the 110 goes by the front door with the bus stop being just after.  i take a little short cut from the bus station by going down Saville Street and in the back gate on College Grove Road 

A is from the bus station and B is to.

A streetview

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.689059,-1.5028425,3a,75y,316.49h,79.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sc_vzV1AcjnCaoqjTye2ZAA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

B

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.6882493,-1.5020219,3a,40.3y,135.64h,84.16t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2EGja0ZG52vqTOx9t0XJJA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Capture.JPG

Edited by sir douglas

37 minutes ago, 5050 said:

To make it even clearer, the show is held in the off-white roofed buildings top right which are the sports halls.

You didn't mention the FOOD.  :smile_mini2:

Qwegs.jpg.3164f0e7ba4cbac69babba87ee36ca65.jpg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1

18 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

You didn't mention the FOOD.  :smile_mini2:

Qwegs.jpg.3164f0e7ba4cbac69babba87ee36ca65.jpg

This is probably the best show guide I've ever seen, Uncle Poursee, you should set up a 'show guides rus' company (dragons den awaits)...I mean, I respect the time that people put into show guides, and some of them sit on my shelf still (and not just the MRJ one)...but you've cut all the unnecessary stuff out and gone straight for the basics, where do I pay, wheres the scran, the brew and, oh yeah...the trains.

Just one small point, the tea urn shown in the pic is the one for exhibitors only...the Crocodile sisters do a rather good brew in the food hall...and if they're reading this, can I have a free pudding as well...

• Agree 1

Hard to mark the beautiful Crock Sisters urn as it's position has varied from year to year. I'm guessing this year it will be positioned at about the extreme right of the small "D".

I only showed the exhibitors Tea urn so that the likes of me & thee (the paying punters) can pop our heads in to marvel at the conditions the exhibitors tea (& coffee) wallahs have to endure. I know Wakey was an ex coal mining area but those manning that particular urn have to be supplied with cap lamps.

Amended:

QwegsII.jpg.38984439acdd26587b18e880c8146980.jpg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2

1 hour ago, Porcy Mane said:

Hard to mark the beautiful Crock Sisters urn as it's position has varied from year to year. I'm guessing this year it will be positioned at about the extreme right of the small "D".

I only showed the exhibitors Tea urn so that the likes of me & thee (the paying punters) can pop our heads in to marvel at the conditions the exhibitors tea (& coffee) wallahs have to endure. I know Wakey was an ex coal mining area but those manning that particular urn have to be supplied with cap lamps.

Amended:

QwegsII.jpg.38984439acdd26587b18e880c8146980.jpg

Showing your age with that joke :)

• Agree 1

The old ones are the best.

Porcy's Orthogonal Fact: Number 5,627.

Ernest Wiseman lived at 12 Station Road, Ardsley Junction.  Only some 3.5 miles to the North West of QWEGS.

Porcy's Orthogonal Fact: Number 5,627(part b).

In the time it has taken me to type this about 30 people will have driven over the site of his ex abode as it lies directly under the M62. (And only a hundred yards or so from a full size but faux North Eastern Signal Box.

• Informative/Useful 3

Looking at the aerial view of the site makes me wonder how many other exhibitions allocate such a large proportion of the venue to providing food? Recognition by the S4 Society organisers that a well fed modeller is a happy one?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

Recognition by the S4 Society organisers that a well fed modeller is a happy one?

Or there is a lot of gabbing to be had around the tables.

P

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

a lot of gabbing to be had

Is that a local delicacy?  Based on rhubarb perhaps?  Or black pudding......................:rolleyes:

• Funny 1

28 minutes ago, Torper said:

You will feel particularly at home at Scalefour North if you have a beard.  I am clean shaven so sadly will be missing it this year.

Does that also apply to the many wimmin that attend & help out?

4 minutes ago, 5050 said:

Is that a local delicacy?  Based on rhubarb perhaps?  Or black pudding......................:rolleyes:

Wakefield being Wakefield I thought that was something normally to be found on the local pavements.  

Billy Cotton was a fan of the place.

• Funny 1