OO MOD KFA/PFB Warflat - Exclusive to Trains4U

Trains4U

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Trains4U said:

We are often being asked about vehicles for the Warflats, and there aren't many modern loads around.
So we've gone and had one designed...

This is our 3D printed kit of the British Army 4x4 WMIK in 1:76 scale.

WMIK1.jpg.648c4a8c7353a4cb4d6a73ab35e17be6.jpg

And this is what they can look like, when completed and loaded onto a KFA

WMIK2.jpg.da823522059398a22a33ce5cb8163cff.jpg

WMIK3.jpg.aa4d557331e2286d011d4db6358772d2.jpg

These will be available from our stand at the GETS show this weekend, and directly from us from next week.   The kits are priced at £10 each and include paint masks for the wheels.

Hi Guys,

Brilliant news!

Just been pricing up other options to do this very model - £10.00 is less than 1/2 the price of any other models.

Looks like I will be buying several....

Thanks

Phil H

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, billywhizz said:

Just looking at the Elite UK Forces website, for info, the WMIK was first introduced in 1999

Regards, 

Bill. 

Without wanting to be too pedant-y about it, the model as shown represents an RWMIK+ which were in service 2010 - present, although their numbers are being reduced now that they are not in use in Afghanistan.

1 hour ago, andythenorth said:

Those are nice 🙂

Is there a painted price, for those of us who are too lazy to Model things? 🙃

Hi

we are looking at the option of a base coated model in sand or green.

they are likely to be in the £15-£18 range depending on effort involved 

bearing in mind these would be finished by hand in the UK and are not mass produced.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just thought I’d park those there…

test printing starts this week.

The WMIK is in 1990s - early 2000s configuration without the additional armour.

The Spartan is in its later guise with additional storage bins and car headlights.

An early version with the “clean” nose and headlights between the tracks is also a possibility 

These will be available for Warley.

Edited by Trains4U
Added details about the Spartan
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

14 hours ago, Trains4U said:

The WMIK is in 1990s - early 2000s configuration without the additional armour.

Hopefully more helpful than pedantic (sorry, its part of my day job, so I can never un-see these things!) but the WMIK is still in a bit of a franken-configuration.

The "cover" over the driver (actually an ECM equipment mounting platform) was part of the RWMIK+ upgrade around 2010-11, and would also need removing to back-date the vehicle to earlier standards.

The spoked wheels were part of the earlier EWMIK upgrade in 2007, prior to this they had the "regular" dished wheels common with the rest of the land rover fleet.

Finally, the wing mirrors would be folded in for rail transport (less sticky-out stuff to get broken off!)

My pedantic comments aside, the models look fab, the print quality is fantastic, and these will look great once painted, weathered, and loaded on the wagons!

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

A quick D&M pic of an RWMIK. Note the raised commander’s seat, lack of bulkhead top and vents, and commander’s GPMG mount.

Horrible Rover - no doors, windscreen or roof. Try driving one from London to Otterburn. Worse still, commanding one on that raised seat whilst driving up the M1 in the rain…

image.png.38906b02cfb228f5427d8ee195a6ca01.png

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 01/11/2022 at 18:41, Trains4U said:

The Spartan is in its later guise with additional storage bins and car headlights.

An early version with the “clean” nose and headlights between the tracks is also a possibility.

The Spartans look incredible. I for one would certainly be interested in obtaining a number of the earlier versions you suggested to suit my late 80s/early 90s modelling period. Any chance of Samaritan ambulance or Sultan command vehicle versions with the higher hull, please? 

• Agree 3

On 01/11/2022 at 18:41, Trains4U said:

An early version with the “clean” nose and headlights between the tracks is also a possibility 

What time period is the 'later guise' Spartan suitable for?

1 hour ago, Dungrange said:

What time period is the 'later guise' Spartan suitable for?

Like most things Army, upgrades happened over time, so it wouldn't be improbable to see a mix of configurations. The lights were changed out during the 90's through to the mid 00's, and would have been complete by the time the last vehicles went through the Life Extension Program (Diesel engine, Bowman radios, etc).

Later (2003 onwards) Spartans would also have started to sport the additional appliqué armour too, recognisable as a series of flat plates bolted on to the outside of the vehicle, but not all were fitted with this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...