RMweb

Rugs on top of vinyl/laminte flooring

spikey

Short of tin tacks or DS tape, has anybody found an effective way of stopping a rug (or in our case, a carpet runner 9ft x 2ft) moving about on a vinyl or laminate floor, and if so, what is it?

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Steadfast said:

We've got something similar in our living room under the rug, works very well. Can't tell you the make sadly as mum found it at grandma's

Jo

And grandma is now left sliding round the front room on her hearth rug, anything to get that inheritance early!

(Apologies if your grandma is no longer with us) 

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

2 hours ago, Zomboid said:

Put a coffee table on top of it. That's what we did.

That might be a bit awkward.  The runner is in the hallway, which is only about 3ft wide for much of its length.

But I have ordered some magic grippy stuff to go under it, so now live in hope that the problem may soon be solved.

Edited by spikey
the inevitable typo

5 hours ago, big jim said:

And grandma is now left sliding round the front room on her hearth rug, anything to get that inheritance early!

(Apologies if your grandma is no longer with us) 

:D that made me chuckle. She's in a wheelchair in a home these days, do even more potential for mayhem :mocking_mini:

Jo

• Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
18 hours ago, spikey said:

Thank you, kind sir.  Got to be worth a try!

Forgot to mention, make some offcuts to use on the workbench to stop parts for glueing/soldering* moving around.

*Mine seems to withstand mild temperatures OK but worth testing.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Steadfast said:

:D that made me chuckle. She's in a wheelchair in a home these days, do even more potential for mayhem :mocking_mini:

Jo

The first day my mum got her Disney world dragster, sorry “mobility scooter” she crashed it through the cheese counter in Tesco’s in Aberystwyth!  

12 minutes ago, big jim said:

The first day my mum got her Disney world dragster, sorry “mobility scooter” she crashed it through the cheese counter in Tesco’s in Aberystwyth!  

Thats probably the most exciting thats ever happened in Aberystwyth!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

15 hours ago, 30801 said:

I immediately thought of this.... :)

Ah yes. The early 1970s Public Information Film. A potent source of nightmares for my younger self. On the upside, though, I've never left a cigarette end down the side of an armchair, played on a railway or farm, or stuffed my Vauxhall FD Victor into a brick wall while overtaking near a junction, so they must have worked ;-).

28 minutes ago, PatB said:

Ah yes. The early 1970s Public Information Film. A potent source of nightmares for my younger self. On the upside, though, I've never left a cigarette end down the side of an armchair, played on a railway or farm, or stuffed my Vauxhall FD Victor into a brick wall while overtaking near a junction, so they must have worked ;-).

I assume you also never mixed radial with cross ply?