Scenecraft Bluebell Waiting Room

Garry D100

• RMweb Gold

New addition to the Scenecraft range, a model of the Bluebell Waiting Room

http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/

"44-087 Bluebell Waiting Room is a new addition to the Scenecraft range of OO Scale buildings, created to celebrate 50 years of the famous Bluebell Line.

It is based on the Platform 2 Waiting Room at Sheffield Park Station in East Sussex.

The building will have many appealing features such as; transparent windows, colourful period posters and intricate hand assembled canopy supports.

The model will be priced at £39.95 RRP"

Looks very appealing.

• RMweb Gold

To my untrained eye it looks like a fairly generic style building.

Ie no specific regional features or styles (someone may prove me wrong) which will help it sell well.

• RMweb Premium

I pretty sure it's wooden, I've seen it a fair few times on Bluebell visits but never specifically looked that closely at it. Looks nice. Now where's the nice new high detail A1X Terrier and Dukedog to sit in front of it? ;)

What a nice suprise!

To my untrained eye it looks like a fairly generic style building.

Sheffield Park station buildings and shed are representative of the LBSC, and the Scenecraft model, I am reasonably sure, represents an original building from the lines construction, though I am willing to be corrected.

Horsted Keynes is set to represent a SR station, including the carriage sheds, with Kingscote representing Southern Region.

I feel the building looks rather bland from the back, but the platform side looks fantastic. I look foward to buying one and having it placed next to my Dapol Stepney!

Looks good

Now Bachmann has produced this is ther any chance of them doing this

http://www.scottishlocos.com/class57.shtml

not the best pic but they have produced the class 57 the Maroon MK 1 but one thing missing

for me to recreate this in OO the Wick/Thurso train shed any chance!!!!!!

Or is this too rural and niche to be produced

rgds

Dave

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Looks tgood... Anything representing the LBSCR in model form is good in my book. Now hows about the 'Country House' style station building to go with it?

That would indeed be wonderful! How many were there - 17 or so? Problem is, like an old loco, which condition do you want them in? With the original plasterwork on the first floor, or as later tile-hung to keep the weather out? I have a feeling some still have the original appearance - Cocking comes to mind.

Edit - No it's 18, including Hassocks, and two other rebuilds - Midhurst and East Grinstead.

I got mine today, from Hattons, its a nice model although have to say the casting isn't great, quite a few cracks which had been filled in and not cleaned up properly, also to my eyes the painting seems pretty thin... i like bachmanns models and buildings but to me the model i have seems rushed to get it out and ready for sale for the anniversary weekend, thats just my view.

I like the model and i think its worth the money, ill have to try and clean up and sort out a few areas.

100_9703.jpg

100_9704.jpg

100_9705.jpg

You can see just on the image below a crack leading from the edge of the window to about the middle of the door, which has been filled, theres a few other areas like this.

100_9706.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Mmm does not seem to be their (Bachmann) best effort so far.

Is is me or are those front support pillars at any angle other than true vertical?

Maybe its the angle of photography although looks the same on the Hattons picture.

• RMweb Premium

That would indeed be wonderful! How many were there - 17 or so? Problem is, like an old loco, which condition do you want them in? With the original plasterwork on the first floor, or as later tile-hung to keep the weather out? I have a feeling some still have the original appearance - Cocking comes to mind.

Edit - No it's 18, including Hassocks, and two other rebuilds - Midhurst and East Grinstead.

I also doubt many would be in their original condition. If memory serves me right, Cocking station had an extra floor added as part of its rebuild into a private house.

• RMweb Gold

The posts are vertical, they are not as bent as some ive seen as you have said the hattons picture shows that an angle on the piller, as said above i think its not the best effort... and does seem rushed to get it ready.

In your last picture above if you look above the double door there looks to be a gouge in the panelling, is this so?

Not a gouge as i mention above the picture the model seems to of been rushed, and the model has cracks and has been repaired leaving a flat surface where they repaired the crack, and they havent detailed it back to make it panelling theres several other areas like this on mine at least... the best part of the model is the back, no cracks or damage... sadly it had to be the front.

• RMweb Gold

Not a gouge as i mention above the picture the model seems to of been rushed, and the model has cracks and has been repaired leaving a flat surface where they repaired the crack, and they havent detailed it back to make it panelling theres several other areas like this on mine at least... the best part of the model is the back, no cracks or damage... sadly it had to be the front.

Ah I see.

Maybe worth considering an exchange then?

In the meantime I have cancelled my mail order for one of these.

Think its one of those to examine in your hand before purchase smile.gif

Archived