Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

Looks nice.

I am still mullinmg over whether to finish mine as 47 085 Mammoth when allocated to Stratfort or 47 163 with the Union Jacks.

The question bugging me at the moment is the colour of the silver roof. In later iterations it is Rail Grey or similar but the Silver Jubilee pair and possibly 47 085 certainly seemed to have a more silver colour when first painted. Does anyone know if this was correct?

Paul R

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 10/12/2021 at 12:35, pwr said:

I am still mullin00g over whether to finish mine as 47 085 Mammoth

Mammoth had at least one flush front if that makes any difference.

I was at Bristol about to get on a train when Clun Castle arrived yesterday. Almost as pleased to see a 47 on the other end as I left!

5 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

Yes thats whats putting me off. The markers changed as well over its lifetime. I am minded to go the 47 163 route.

Paul R

6 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

I was at Bristol about to get on a train when Clun Castle arrived yesterday. Almost as pleased to see a 47 on the other end as I left!

Used to enjoy my time at Temple Meads all those years ago. Catch the holiday maker double headed 31’s back to Cheltenham Spa that was in the late 80’s.

13 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

I see hattons have a list of liveries carried by 47’s they have 163 down as a grey roof on their site.

C5BDE8AD-BE65-429B-873B-A860876018A3.jpeg

Thanks for that helpful information. I'll have a look since having looked again at Mammoth the flush ends puts me off. I would have needed to have bought the 1980's version of the Heljan model but that portrays it as a 47/4 with some of the underframe gubbins removed and that would also be inaccurate.

My strong preference is 47 163 which I know is a celbrity loco but I was at school in Colchester in 1977 and saw the loco frequently.

Paul R

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

I see hattons have a list of liveries carried by 47’s they have 163 down as a grey roof on their site.

C5BDE8AD-BE65-429B-873B-A860876018A3.jpeg

Have you got the link for this as I can't seem to find it opn their website?

thanks

Paul R

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone on these here pages.

A very special thanks to all that have given me help, guidance & advice it is much appreciated and to all who post their superb layouts and work on her to give me inspiration to kick any lack of mo jo into touch. :good:

image.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Spent my Christmas money on a new loco :o.

Plates on the way from Brian at Shawplan and number from Steve at Railtec.

Also over the festive period I have been building another TTA & VGA both stalled waiting for parts that were missing from the VGA kit and a buffer spring I have mislaid for the TTA.

For some strange reason the VGA had cast buffer shanks included and they dont fit. :(

53DB5519-4BA5-4D95-A876-4B40BA185845.jpeg

Edited by Baggies1961
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1