Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

4 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Can anyone please point me in the direction of some container kits, Buzz models did them I believe, but on their web site it says not available.

Cheers

Julian.

Might be worth dropping Andy a message either on Facebook or via the website. He'll be at our show in Crewe in just over a weeks time so I can take a look at what he's got with him if you want? It may just be that the website hasn't been updated, I know he's a lot going on at the moment.

• RMweb Premium

Well if you win the lottery there are these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363310649024

When Paul R started scratch building his I suggested if he made a mould he could sell some. I rest my case :)

Actually joking aside there is clearly a market here. Might be worth floating past someone like J&M Hughes who do resin stuff.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Thanks 1

On 15/03/2022 at 20:28, D6775 said:

Might be worth dropping Andy a message either on Facebook or via the website. He'll be at our show in Crewe in just over a weeks time so I can take a look at what he's got with him if you want? It may just be that the website hasn't been updated, I know he's a lot going on at the moment.

Hi Al,

Yes please I note some 1/48 scale are for sale on ebay too.

Regards

Julian.

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

How does, 1/48 equate to O gauge scale

if you think about it, its over 10% different which is enough to show on something familiar but whether anyone could gauge the exact expected size of containers if not placed on anything is debateable.

I've got a feeling US O gauge is 1/48.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Thanks 1

Off to the Yorkshire Wolds Railway model railway show, a two day event held at the Driffield show ground.

Those not in the know, the YWR is the only preserved/heritage railway in East Yorkshire.

It is situated very near to the old Fimber/Sledmere railway station on the old Driffield-Malton railway and now occupies approximately 300M of operational track.

Unfortunately it cannot proceed through the tunnel at Burdale North West ish of the present site, due to collapses in the tunnel that have occurred over the years.

YWR however are hoping to proceed further towards the old station at Wetwang.

Off to the Yorkshire Wolds Railway model railway show, a two day event held at the Driffield show ground.

Those not in the know, the YWR is the only preserved/heritage railway in East Yorkshire.

It is situated very near to the old Fimber/Sledmere railway station on the old Driffield-Malton railway and now occupies approximately 300M of operational track.

Unfortunately it cannot proceed through the tunnel at Burdale North West ish of the present site, due to collapses in the tunnel that have occurred over the years.

YWR however are hoping to proceed further towards the old station at Wetwang.

About ten or so layouts there mostly N gauge but one O gauge layout was there.

After an absence of a few years renewed my membership and have all but volunteered to help out with their health and safety arrangements. :o

Pictures below of the O gauge layout.

E17FB82F-1F6D-481A-8BFB-87A62C2A9889.jpeg

852D68C2-3A42-40E8-84BC-A9E9AE07849A.jpeg

60C0FB8B-E2ED-43BA-9ADF-50444333A747.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2022 at 14:22, Baggies1961 said:

Hi Al,

Yes please I note some 1/48 scale are for sale on ebay too.

Regards

Julian.

Andy definitely had some at Crewe. I didn't get chance to have a proper look as I was on with other things most of the weekend. Just drop him an email and I am sure he will sort you out. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Can anyone point me in the direction for some MTA numbers & data panels etc?

Fox and railtec dont seem to do anything.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Julian.

They've been in design for a little while, as have the MFA data panels. As anyone familiar with Railtec will know, rather than just bang out identical looking data panels with different numbers, I go to quite some lengths to get these looking like the real things with prototypical variations in ton/tare weight and other anomalies based on photos. Here's an example of one of the recent BYA renumbering packs, even though the BYA panels tend to be amongst the better behaved variants in terms of deviations (at the time of writing anyway). The oddballs below aren't just done for effect or to be different; those specific wagons do actually look like that.

spacer.png

The MTAs do have quite a few nice variants which I've photographed in detail at Basford yard, so those will make an appearance.

I did very recently introduce customisable data panels to help get most people out of most holes, links here:

https://www.railtec-models.com/catalog.php?search_str=customisable+wagon

Naturally they're spot printed so no carrier film to have to cut out, and with perfect crisp print registration.

spacer.png

Edited by railtec-models
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/04/2022 at 09:01, railtec-models said:

They've been in design for a little while, as have the MFA data panels. As anyone familiar with Railtec will know, rather than just bang out identical looking data panels with different numbers, I go to quite some lengths to get these looking like the real things with prototypical variations in ton/tare weight and other anomalies based on photos. Here's an example of one of the recent BYA renumbering packs, even though the BYA panels tend to be amongst the better behaved variants in terms of deviations (at the time of writing anyway). The oddballs below aren't just done for effect or to be different; those specific wagons do actually look like that.

spacer.png

The MTAs do have quite a few nice variants which I've photographed in detail at Basford yard, so those will make an appearance.

I did very recently introduce customisable data panels to help get most people out of most holes, links here:

Naturally they're spot printed so no carrier film to have to cut out, and with perfect crisp print registration.

spacer.png

Thanks Steve, I will check out your custom transfers link.

Kind regards

Julian.

12 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Thanks Steve, I will check out your custom transfers link.

Kind regards

Julian.

I was going to point you towards Steve's data panel set! I need to order some myself at some point.

• Thanks 1

On 20/04/2022 at 09:01, railtec-models said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hi Steve,

I forgot all about the EWS transfers for the MTA, which would you recommend? Many thanks

Julian.

• 2 weeks later...