Bourton on the Water

Baggies1961

Very nice!.

Mine are in the post from Rails who honoured the pre price increase cost. Might get them. tomorrow as they are supposedly despatched Saturday. However they seem to have despatched one via parcel Force and two by Post Office. No rhyme nor reason but as they are free post I suppose I should not complain.

Do they come with destination. blinds and head code numbers?

Paul R

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Very nice!.

Mine are in the post from Rails who honoured the pre price increase cost. Might get them. tomorrow as they are supposedly despatched Saturday. However they seem to have despatched one via parcel Force and two by Post Office. No rhyme nor reason but as they are free post I suppose I should not complain.

Do they come with destination. blinds and head code numbers?

Paul R

Hi Paul,

Yes they do, great for me as cheltenham St James, Kingham & Moreton in marsh amongst others are included.

Rails posted mine Parcelforce 24 on Friday but wasn't delivered until today.

Parcelforce not my preferred option as opposed to DPD they do not give a delivery hour slot.

image.jpg

• Like 3

Very good selection there. Shame these never ran in East Anglia so I will have to make my own. I have a Gill Sans font!

The Rule One excuse is that following the decision to retain the Bishops Stortford section BR decided to draft in some single car DMU's to keep costs down. My thinking is that two ran un multiple and split at Braintree with the first half going forward crossing a return service at Dunmow. This return service joined with the other unit at Braintree and the two ran in multiple back to Witham. Well its plausible!!!

They will do until I can build my various 2 car kits!  Ive got a Cravens 105, a met came 101 and a Derby Lightweight all of them more suitable to a Great eastern Branch.

Paul R

• Like 2

I like the rule one. These units did not run from Cheltenham to Kingham but from Cheltenham to Stratford the former steam only till the end.

I will change the name of my layout shortly and the idea being these units suited the short platforms and branch my line is on and a good economy measure my layout and line needed.

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Shame Seven Mills has gone, that would have looked good on there, and I could have re instated the disused Station.:banghead:

Its not too late to reconsider!!!!!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 23/08/2021 at 22:41, Andrew P said:

Shame Seven Mills has gone, that would have looked good on there, and I could have re instated the disused Station.:banghead:

How about Severn Mills c1990 after rationalisation to a siding? Would fit over the fireplace. Diagram below

XXXPLATFORMXXX

-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

How about Severn Mills c1990 after rationalisation to a siding? Would fit over the fireplace. Diagram below

XXXPLATFORMXXX

-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I

perfect for a Pacer. Surely someone has to make one of those before long

• Agree 1

A picture I love of a scene sadly missed of a branch local calling at Bourton and heading for its destination of Kingham (still open on the Oxford-Worcester line).

I can easily imagine that setting now but with a 158 in place of the 45xx a branch which co-incidently was a regular on the line circa 1960.

All sadly swept away, a road to the industrial estate sits where the engine is the road over bridge removed 1972/3.

To make way for a residential home development the station building was demolished in 2011.

If one looks closely in the car park of the new building the bricks of the rear of the platform (behind the name board) can still be seen.

49F16E65-94EE-4E7B-9379-CBBE7887C32C.jpeg

Edited by Baggies1961
Remove duplicate picture.
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, 47606odin said:

progress….

acts of legalised vandalism in my opinion. A country that still believes the car is the way and politicians, a few of which are directors of companies with loyalties elsewhere.

How we need a lot of these lines now, sadly swept away. My rant over…

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Baggies1961 said:

A country that still believes the car is the way

I'm not sure that's right. Surely everyone believes in 2 cars?!

I've never really got over how much I spent keeping an ageing Humber Sceptre on the road and have made do with a bike for 25 years!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 26/08/2021 at 18:18, Baggies1961 said:

acts of legalised vandalism in my opinion. A country that still believes the car is the way and politicians, a few of which are directors of companies with loyalties elsewhere.

How we need a lot of these lines now, sadly swept away. My rant over…

'Our' adoration of the private car and utter reliance on it has caused huge issues. We are completely disconnected from our local environment sat in a car for a journey where the priority is the speed and convenience of the journey rather than the wonderful natural beauty of the places we're passing through. It stops us caring where and what damage is being done. 

My rant done... Apologies. 

• Agree 2

Only have to see the various vids on you tube of explorations of our great nations closed railways and the great efforts that were made at the time of them closing of them never opening again.

Still more worried about no lorry drivers when all freight could still have been delivered more locally.

Our politicians still have no intentions of using s past resource to attempt to lower our climate emissions just try snd tax us to use toads!! Crazy!!

3 hours ago, pwr said:

Woohoo!

Be interested in seeing a video of your 122's and hearing what the sound is like. I am still analogue!

Paul R

Analogue!?  Gasp, shock, horror.  There'll be letters to the Times and questions in the house.:nono:

John

• Funny 1