Revolution Pendolino Class 390

Chrisjh

Hi Gang;

My 9 Car Partial Avanti livery Pendo has also arrived and really looks superb. Not had a chance to try it out yet as the test track is currently packed away due to work and kitchen projects. I shall admire it for a few more days before digging out an oval of track to have a play.

As Ged has said, well done Ben, Mike, Mike B and now Simon for getting these out to us all.

Later,

STU from EGVN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Don't suppose theres any word on when retailers are likely to get theirs? Kinda hoping I might be able to snag one somewhere on my travels next week 🙂

Edited by Kaput

9 minutes ago, Kaput said:

Don't suppose theres any word on when retailers are likely to get theirs? Kinda hoping I might be able to snag one somewhere on my travels next week 🙂

Depends on the livery and length, Rails still have some to pre-order.

Or are you only looking at in person in store purchasing?

10 hours ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hello all,

All retailers stocking the models will have them by the end of the week.

cheers

Ben A.

Will everyone who pre-ordered a pendolino receive them before they are available at retailers? I pre-ordered an Avanti 11 car, but haven’t received or heard anything yet.

Nick.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Shiny new Pendolino picked up today.

Box seems chunkier than the first run and the manual mentions coreless motors, didn't think the Pendo used coreless motors unless new ones have different motors from original run.

Alas can't run it till next week when I'm home ☹

Edited by Kaput

• 3 months later...

Eleven car Avanti with full train livery arrived yesterday.

I think these Pendolinos get better and better! Straight out of the top quality boxes it runs smoothly and quietly. The power cars are very powerful and the significant weight, coupled with traction tyres, means they can handle anything. This is my fourth Pendolino and I think it is the best. The detail throughout the train is exquisite and it has a real presence on the layout. It looks beautiful with superb and truly well executed livery. As with the others, the lighting in the first class coaches is an added bonus. All together, the best train on my layout and with the size on my collection, that is saying something!
Thanks, once again to all at Revolution!!!!

Ged

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ged,

3 hours ago, gedlee said:

Eleven car Avanti with full train livery arrived yesterday.

I think these Pendolinos get better and better! Straight out of the top quality boxes it runs smoothly and quietly. The power cars are very powerful and the significant weight, coupled with traction tyres, means they can handle anything. This is my fourth Pendolino and I think it is the best. The detail throughout the train is exquisite and it has a real presence on the layout. It looks beautiful with superb and truly well executed livery. As with the others, the lighting in the first class coaches is an added bonus. All together, the best train on my layout and with the size on my collection, that is saying something!
Thanks, once again to all at Revolution!!!!

Ged

I'd agree with you wholeheartedly, but patiently awaiting my balance invoice as the guys are undoubtedly up to their ears in invoicing and getting stuff shipped out presently.

I'm just that little bit jealous in that I had arranged to pick mine up at GETS along with 3 class 128s  (yes, that kinda railway!) but my carer went poorly so we couldn't go, I know they'll turn up soon enough.

I do know what you mean though as that's exactly how I feel about the flowing silk version (my carer prefers the full Avanti having seen the real ones) and it's presentation packaging when it arrived not so long ago. This will also be my fourth!

Regards, Gerry.

• RMweb Premium
On 22/10/2023 at 15:26, Kaput said:

Rapido have had my 9 car Avanti more than me. Issue with the lights.

I also have had an issue with lights on the 9-car Avanti - was mis-assembled and wiring loom for lights got crimped between chassis and bodyshell…. if Rapido weren’t so fond of a millions wires inside their models, it would have a) never occurred and b) might have been an easy fix for me without activating warranty repair….

I will say the other half dozen Pendos are perfect and in fairness, once the lights blew [very quickly] that particular power car was a wonderfully smooth runner 😆 !

A great model all around and looking forward to receiving my 11-car full Avanti too. Moreover, a house move has meant tearing up the old layout, however, the new house has a garage annex that will be perfect for a high speed four-track mainline which my Pendos can hammer around 😂 !!!

• 2 weeks later...