Revolution Pendolino Class 390

Chrisjh

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, toolongtoremember said:

So delivery of the second batch is nearly upon us, slated for January 2022....

Hi all,

The scheduling information on the Projects page of the Revolution website is our best estimate, and while given in good faith is no kind of guarantee. 

What we have learned over the last 18 months is that, until we receive notification that the models are on pallets and ready to ship, 'they will be here when they are here' is about the only thing we can say with any degree of certainty!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

Hi all,

The scheduling information on the Projects page of the Revolution website is our best estimate, and while given in good faith is no kind of guarantee. 

What we have learned over the last 18 months is that, until we receive notification that the models are on pallets and ready to ship, 'they will be here when they are here' is about the only thing we can say with any degree of certainty!

cheers

Ben A.

Hopefully now that the Chinese Government have had to pull back from some of the extremes of zero Covid, perhaps in the next 6 months the Chinese economy might begin to find itself on the road to recovery as well.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 13/12/2022 at 20:26, bmthtrains - David said:

Expect the opposite - massive disruption as a huge wave of covid cripples the county. Hardly anyone has been vaccinated.

We can all wait for models, hopefully the deaths aren’t too high. 

David

About 90% of the Chinese population is fully vaccinated. Not 100% admittedly but I think it counts as a bit more than hardly anyone.

15 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

About 90% of the Chinese population is fully vaccinated. Not 100% admittedly but I think it counts as a bit more than hardly anyone.

You could say they are "fully vaccinated", but China currently has not approved of foreign mRNA vaccines, nor have they developed their own mRNA vaccines. So whether Chinese vaccines are effective is, to an extent, questionable.

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, toby_tl10 said:

You could say they are "fully vaccinated", but China currently has not approved of foreign mRNA vaccines, nor have they developed their own mRNA vaccines. So whether Chinese vaccines are effective is, to an extent, questionable.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36222203/

Here's one study. There are others. Overall, inactivated vaccines appear to be as effective as any in terms of mitigating the consequences of infection. Which in any case is a different argument from vaccination rate.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

That differs to both data published in December (86%) and anecdotal evidence from the Chinese side of my family. A 4% difference in China is a lot of people. 

Also don’t forget, fully vaccinated means two doses, necessary boosters are not included in that figure. For many “fully vaccinated” people, the effects of the vacaccine is significantly decreased. 

Roy

• RMweb Premium

People in China are quite aware of the lack of COVID restrictions in much of the world, there is travel between China and the outside world if people can accept the onerous controls. I meet with Chinese (from the PRC) people quite regularly. And it's worth keeping in mind both that:

-much of Asia has kept COVID controls until very recently, Japan has only just re-opened for leisure travel, Taiwan ditto, Singapore still requires masks on public transport and in healthcare facilities etc; and

-In most of Asia people are still wearing masks regardless of whether or not the government says they have to. I'd estimate 80% of people here are still masked, it was the same in Vietnam when I visited in September, Tokyo Haneda was fully masked a few weeks ago, in all my meetings with Korean colleagues they've been masked and it's obvious from zoom calls with people around Asia that people still feel safer masked. There is a tradition of mask use in much of Asia that pre-dates COVID.

On the whole, people around Asia (including in China) are very aware of the state of play around the world.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

For many “fully vaccinated” people, the effects of the vacaccine is significantly decreased. 

Hi

Off topic but my antibody level was at a higher level (as recorded by the ONS) from December 2021 when I had my booster until September 2022 when I had my next booster so no real decline over ten months. My wife who was vaccinated at the same time was also at the higher level for the same period.

Cheers

Paul

• 2 months later...

A quick question, I know on the Project Updates part of the Revolution site it says (as of 31/1/23) that the next batch of Pendolinos is due this month. Is this still the case and if so will they be here in time for Ally Pally weekend to collect? 

• 1 month later...

Hi Ben, Mike and team,

Have you ever considered doing the Pendo in OO gauge? Just curious as your N gauge offering is so much more advanced than Hornby's OO equivalent despite being half the size. The Hornby model doesn't even have an interior and I don't think Hornby has even done half of the livery variations possible. As the fleet gets older and goes through more liveries, I would have thought there could be a space for a high-spec OO model...

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

We have received production samples of the second run Pendolino models.  These have been airfreighted over for final checking and, subject to approval, the models should be shipping to customers and retailers in the next 4-6 weeks.

IMG_4771.jpg.3faf418a877f5a461d8bf16e75c45daa.jpg

There's more information and images on the Revolution news page here: https://revolutiontrains.com/news/

We'd like to thank Rapido for their hard work in producing these models and thank everyone for their ongoing patience - the delays have been as frustrating for us as for anyone however we are in the final straight now!

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Have you waited 4 years to run it?!

Not had a problem with couplings on any of mine, but did have issues with detailing caused by bogies not being seated correctly IIRC. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Yes, the Pendolinos are inbound.  

They are coming in two tranches:  first, the original Virgin, Flowing Silk and DfT variants, then (around 6 weeks later we think) the Virgin Pride and Avanti versions.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yahoo!!

9 car Avanti has arrived! Looks absolutely superb and runs beautifully straight from the boxes. Amazing!! Right up there with the quality of the first run, if not better. Excellent execution of the livery.

Thanks Revolution. Delighted!!
Ged.

• Like 1