Spares Availablity

stmartins

Having purchased a B17 last year the draw bar has snapped and spares are not available. This model is still currently being sold so I find it unhelpful I cannot obtain spares. With locos costing over £100 these days I cannot afford to scrap it and there is not an alternative draw bar that will fit due to the length of the cardan shaft . I understand there is no laws regarding the holding of spares. Looking at the spares available for this model only spare traction tyres are listed. Not a very helpful way to run a model railway business if they want people to keep purchasing from them 

• RMweb Gold

Hiya, I think this section is for reporting FORUM faults rather than, loco faults ? I'm sure if you pm AndyY he could move it to the relevant Manufacturer section , however I would definately recommend sending an email to the Manufacturer explaining the problem and asking if they can source a replacement ? Sometimes they have faulty, returned, damaged stock that gets stripped for spares so worth a try. 

• Agree 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, woodenhead said:

@Andy Y Cardan Shaft - isn't that a Dapol N product?

I just read B17 and moved it. Only expect half a job on Sundays, at most. In fact please don't expect anything at all, I won't disappoint.

:biggrin_mini2:

• Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

17 hours ago, stmartins said:

Having purchased a B17 last year the draw bar has snapped and spares are not available. This model is still currently being sold so I find it unhelpful I cannot obtain spares. With locos costing over £100 these days I cannot afford to scrap it and there is not an alternative draw bar that will fit due to the length of the cardan shaft . I understand there is no laws regarding the holding of spares. Looking at the spares available for this model only spare traction tyres are listed. Not a very helpful way to run a model railway business if they want people to keep purchasing from them 

I’m assuming you’ve spoken to the retailer and/or manufacturer before posting on here.... so what did they tell you?

Have you tried getting one from DCC Supplies?  they usually have spares.  

Having just measured my B17 the drawbar is the same length as on the A3 (therefore also A4) so ask for an A3 or A4 drawbar if not listed.

Note the Britannia is different - that one is T-shaped.

All the very best

Les

• Informative/Useful 1