Argyle Street, London Midland, Central Trains, EWS, Etc

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Great pictures as ever Andy - the new backscene, as simple as it is, looks great and does finish it off somewhat.

I may not get on here again today - so in advance, a Happy New Year to you and your followers!  Here's to a happy and healthy 2020, with more modelling time :)

Rich

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DanielB said:

That backscene is looking great, Andy. :)

Happy new year to you and yours, pal. :)

10 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Happy New Year to you and Dee mate, all the best with your move.

Al.

Cheers Guys, It should be a good and positive year ahead.:good_mini:

Despite what appears to be little or no movement on here, mainly due to other commitments over the last few days, see Privett Green) I did make a start on the Bridge yesterday, and I hope to finish that today all being well.

Pics later if I do get it done.:P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Reminds me of the layout at lostwithiel,

lot of fun to be had in those sidings 

Thanks Rob, Yes unfortunately most of my newer Engineers Wagons are guess where, YES, Down bloomin Souf.

Still I have plenty of Stock still here to be able to ring the changes.

I'll have a look for some pics of Lostwithiel for inspiration.

1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

About bl**dy time say locals

It may not all get done, as it's a Friday, and so if they can drag it out, they may need to come back on Saturday /  OVERTIME RATE, to finish it.:)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

It may not all get done, as it's a Friday, and so if they can drag it out, they may need to come back on Saturday /  OVERTIME RATE, to finish it.:)

AND...…………...some of them are Moonlighting and Track Laying over at Privett Green:dance_mini:

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

AND...…………...some of them are Moonlighting and Track Laying over at Privett Green:dance_mini:

This is what happens when you bring in private contractors Andy!  They'll be doing overnight relaying of Runway 1 at Heathrow next week :)

Rich

7 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

This is what happens when you bring in private contractors Andy!  They'll be doing overnight relaying of Runway 1 at Heathrow next week :)

Rich

NO...……...Popping over to YOUR PLACE to get you started,:) and some Trains running before ANOTHER year is out, haha.:crazy_mini:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

NO...……...Popping over to YOUR PLACE to get you started,:) and some Trains running before ANOTHER year is out, haha.:crazy_mini:

Pah! They say everything comes to he who waits ... I assume that includes the 12.20 to Newcastle and Edinburgh!!

Lol! Well I did manage to build a 2mm Finescale point this afternoon. Not a total success as I forgot to include the electrical feeds and the V is a complete c**k-up, still one for the bin and I am hoping the second one will be usable, after the lessons learnt with the first. The DMU has been converted to 2FS, so progress is being made the past few days. This will be 1970s green/blue ECML main line btw ;) well that’s the current plan...

Let me know when you need the lads back to finish off the pavement over that road bridge! They seem a good bunch, but I told them that the local authority arround Argyle Street was paying their wages, something about beer tokens  :drink_mini:

• Like 1

I managed to grab this shot on New Years Day, before the Dolittle County Council / DCC, moved in to lay the much promised pavement on the Bridge, and start to throw rubbish over the top.

IMG_0674.JPG.496660b05b1499fe88b447f9d39e95f1.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 7

Not only did the workforce from Dolittle County Council / DCC, turn up, but so did their Boss to ensure the work did not run over into the weekend and cost him Overtime, in fact they finished so early they were sent to lay some Track over at Privett Green.:P

Once finished, the Road soon got busy again.

IMG_0716.JPG.638c5d0ec2815cb022a871f6de2fe43f.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG.54b2ba38512dc4a3810492900167d403.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG.4335b3655b356579fff53915c8e06210.JPG

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I wondered where the workforce had gone instead of point building for me!! Nice work Andy, looks good - the paving slabs are particularly effective... no bus? Presume its one of the three that will be along shortly :P

Rich

• Thanks 1