Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys

A few quick points on the sound, please let the supercapacitor charge up for a half minute or so before kicking off or if your controller voltage is a little low it can ‘look’ like a cut off or issues with the speakers. Hope that helps! 

• Informative/Useful 5

21 minutes ago, McC said:

Hi guys

A few quick points on the sound, please let the supercapacitor charge up for a half minute or so before kicking off or if your controller voltage is a little low it can ‘look’ like a cut off or issues with the speakers. Hope that helps! 

I can confirm that this works for mine. 

• Thanks 1

On a separate point related to Bruce’s earlier. I’ve got both side by side now and I’ve sung the praises of the Bachmann model. The windows in particular. But I am blown away by the Accurascale model, it’s absolutely fantastic. Now I’ve looked closely I think the Bachmann windows might be too flat - the AS ones have a definite curve. You the punter will decide but for me the AS is the better. 

IMG_0214.jpeg

• Like 12

37423 arrived in scotland today. Couple of things of note. X1 buffer the spring seems to have gone which is not a massive issue as that end will be bolted to Caroline. Second was the instuctions for fitting the detailing parts has "insert link here" and the QR code page does not seem to be up yet.

Other than that its a damn fine looking model, plenty of weight to it and the detailing is superfine but still feels robust when handled. Great additon and looking forward to the other 5 that are on order. 10/10 accurascale 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi all, 

So my model of 37423 in DRS Basic livery arrived yesterday afternoon. 

In general and on the whole I’m really pleased with the model but there are a few niggles, one which is more noticeable and significant than the others. 

The first niggle is that one of the warning flashes near to the cab end is creased and not flat on the paintwork, the second niggle is that their is a small mark to the blue paintwork towards one of the cab ends. The third niggle and this is the most noticeable and significant is that when I have tested the loco on my few pieces of track on analogue (as it hasn’t got sound or any other decoder fitted yet) it wobbles. It’s not a huge wobble but still noticeable. It only wobbles when moving back and fourth on the test track and when sat stationary it doesn’t fall off of the track. All of the wheels appear to be sat correctly on the track, so I’m unsure what the issue is because I can’t see anything obvious. Is this normal and is anyone else experiencing this? 

On a more positive note the basic directional lighting features all work, obviously I can’t test cab lighting, console and engine room lighting as it isn’t fitted with a decoder yet. All of the detailing that came fitted to the model was still attached when I opened it, so hopefully this shows that this issue has been addressed from the niggles in this area with the Class 55, so this is excellent. Another huge positive is that the livery application is superb when considering the Basic livery on 423 sits on top of the bodyside grilles. The model was well packaged with bubble wrap and a large cardboard box. The box that the model comes in is excellent as it is quite thick and there are layers of foam to protect the model. I also really like the amount of information booklets and sheets supplied with the model, with precise and accurate information presented to buyers. For example, informing buyers of in what circumstances and where to lubricate the model and using what products. This is especially useful to people like me who have gained more locos in recent years, especially Accurascale locos and therefore more locos to maintain and I am getting to the point where more locos are starting to need more maintenance. The tea stains on the back of one booklet is a really nice touch and nod to reality and authenticity. Their is also a large detailing bag which I have yet to open that supplies many extra parts for buyers to fit. Something I also like is that their is no ridge or seam on the noses. The lift off roof to access lighting switches and fitment of a decoder is fantastic, because it’s so much easier than the traditional way of separating the chassis and bodyshell, undoing screws and in the process detailing parts of the model then falling off. It’s also good because the roof doesn’t easily just fly off, it has to have some force applied as it’s a magnetic system that’s used, so no one has to have the worry of the roof just falling off. 

So on the whole I’m really pleased with the model, I would just like to try and get the model to run without wobbling. If anyone from Accurascale can help with the slight issue of wobbling it would be greatly appreciated. 

I hope this information is of use as feedback to both buyers and Accurascale themselves. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Hi all, 

So my model of 37423 in DRS Basic livery arrived yesterday afternoon. 

In general and on the whole I’m really pleased with the model but there are a few niggles, one which is more noticeable and significant than the others. 

The first niggle is that one of the warning flashes near to the cab end is creased and not flat on the paintwork, the second niggle is that their is a small mark to the blue paintwork towards one of the cab ends. The third niggle and this is the most noticeable and significant is that when I have tested the loco on my few pieces of track on analogue (as it hasn’t got sound or any other decoder fitted yet) it wobbles. It’s not a huge wobble but still noticeable. It only wobbles when moving back and fourth on the test track and when sat stationary it doesn’t fall off of the track. All of the wheels appear to be sat correctly on the track, so I’m unsure what the issue is because I can’t see anything obvious. Is this normal and is anyone else experiencing this? 

On a more positive note the basic directional lighting features all work, obviously I can’t test cab lighting, console and engine room lighting as it isn’t fitted with a decoder yet. All of the detailing that came fitted to the model was still attached when I opened it, so hopefully this shows that this issue has been addressed from the niggles in this area with the Class 55, so this is excellent. Another huge positive is that the livery application is superb when considering the Basic livery on 423 sits on top of the bodyside grilles. The model was well packaged with bubble wrap and a large cardboard box. The box that the model comes in is excellent as it is quite thick and there are layers of foam to protect the model. I also really like the amount of information booklets and sheets supplied with the model, with precise and accurate information presented to buyers. For example, informing buyers of in what circumstances and where to lubricate the model and using what products. This is especially useful to people like me who have gained more locos in recent years, especially Accurascale locos and therefore more locos to maintain and I am getting to the point where more locos are starting to need more maintenance. The tea stains on the back of one booklet is a really nice touch and nod to reality and authenticity. Their is also a large detailing bag which I have yet to open that supplies many extra parts for buyers to fit. Something I also like is that their is no ridge or seam on the noses. The lift off roof to access lighting switches and fitment of a decoder is fantastic, because it’s so much easier than the traditional way of separating the chassis and bodyshell, undoing screws and in the process detailing parts of the model then falling off. It’s also good because the roof doesn’t easily just fly off, it has to have some force applied as it’s a magnetic system that’s used, so no one has to have the worry of the roof just falling off. 

So on the whole I’m really pleased with the model, I would just like to try and get the model to run without wobbling. If anyone from Accurascale can help with the slight issue of wobbling it would be greatly appreciated. 

I hope this information is of use as feedback to both buyers and Accurascale themselves. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Thanks for the feedback Danny! For any specific issues please contact the team at support@accurascale.co.uk where we’d be delighted to review in detail any concerns and address them to your complete satisfaction 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, McC said:

Thanks for the feedback Danny! For any specific issues please contact the team at support@accurascale.co.uk where we’d be delighted to review in detail any concerns and address them to your complete satisfaction 

Thank you very much for the quick reply, it’s greatly appreciated. 

Yes if I can’t manage to sort it out I will send you an email. 

Thank you for the help. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, cairnsroadworks said:

On a separate point related to Bruce’s earlier. I’ve got both side by side now and I’ve sung the praises of the Bachmann model. The windows in particular. But I am blown away by the Accurascale model, it’s absolutely fantastic. Now I’ve looked closely I think the Bachmann windows might be too flat - the AS ones have a definite curve. You the punter will decide but for me the AS is the better. 

IMG_0214.jpeg

I’ve looked at my Bachmann 37 and thought the screen area was a bit flat too. As an aside, the Shawplan screens have etched grooves on the back of the etchings so you can bend them to the correct shape.

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, 97406 said:

So I was looking for pictures of the real 37027 which I have on order and I found this! I’ll just leave it here…85281C1B-B617-4FC3-944A-B2A82918B74F.png.54db35e664f50037ce3ed023d4a3fb5c.png

Have you stumbled across the next accurascale announcement?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, funky2k said:

Please! Mr AS, include this Tinsley special in a future release.

37116_ac6fd2395c_b.jpg

A twin pack of that loco and 37183 when it was in large logo with bufferbeam skirts, glass headcode panel and frost grilles.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

9 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

The third niggle and this is the most noticeable and significant is that when I have tested the loco on my few pieces of track on analogue (as it hasn’t got sound or any other decoder fitted yet) it wobbles. It’s not a huge wobble but still noticeable. It only wobbles when moving back and fourth on the test track and when sat stationary it doesn’t fall off of the track. All of the wheels appear to be sat correctly on the track, so I’m unsure what the issue is because I can’t see anything obvious. Is this normal and is anyone else experiencing this?

I've had exactly the same issue with 423 and really can't work out where the wobble is coming from. Everything seems screwed in and fits into place so it's a bit of a mystery to me at the moment.

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Rob_Simpson1 said:

I've had exactly the same issue with 423 and really can't work out where the wobble is coming from. Everything seems screwed in and fits into place so it's a bit of a mystery to me at the moment.

I seem to remember something similar with another model. It was cured by removing a spot of glue from one of the wheels (from the rail contact surface).

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Markwj said:

Have you stumbled across the next accurascale announcement?

There next years April first exclusive reveal......its a beauty,the panoramic perscription windscreen must have great views:}

10 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you very much for the quick reply, it’s greatly appreciated. 

Yes if I can’t manage to sort it out I will send you an email. 

Thank you for the help. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Have you fitted a driver and if so does he hiccup a lot................just a little short comment from you i see young fella,your school essays must have been a treat.....:}

Quick question, has anyone noticed a tapping sound when the loco is running? One of mine does and it sounds exactly as my 55 did with a blob of glue on one wheel. The issue is I can't see or feel any glue! Just wondering if anyone has encountered similar. Thought I'd ask on here as I am away during the week when I could email AS's support but I might not see the reply.

1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

I seem to remember something similar with another model. It was cured by removing a spot of glue from one of the wheels (from the rail contact surface).

Yeah that was something I had a look at but they seem clean enough. Even when the loco isn't moving the body and chassis can rock on the bogies

14 hours ago, cairnsroadworks said:

IMG_0214.jpeg

Another observation, rotating or fixed fan regardless, the accura fan grill looks way more like a real one in my eyes .

Brian Daniels photo from Flickr IMG_6461.png.ec71603125c3eca496f782e4cb514481.png

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

DCC Function Issues. 

I don't know if this just affected me (seems unlikely?) but both the card that comes with the loco and the function table on the decoder itself contain a few errors. Fortunately I have a LokProgrammer so most of these have now been sorted and I can pass on to you how to fix it with your chosen DCC programmer. All at own risk, accept no responsibility etc!  

First of all the card:

F17 Spirax valves - No spirax valves but this appears to turn the tail lights off which should be... 

F18 Tail lights on/off - This turns the headlight on and off but not the tails! Same thing is also performed by F22 and F23. F22 doesn't actually apply to my model but I would guess would be relevant for those of you with 37423 with its wipacs. I've been careful to make sure that my mods *shouldn't* affect this, but obviously I don't have one to try so can't be 100% sure! 

F31 - Card states this has a soundslot but no description! - It is the compressor for those of you who were not sure. 

The pink section of the card is very useful as it correctly identifies which AUX function is attached to what with the expectation of AUX13 which is incorrectly labelled as "Top Rear" - same as AUX12. The decoder is set to provide power to this function all of the time so I'm not sure what it is! 

The following CV changes will correctly restore the Spirax sounds to F17 (they were the there but unallocated to any function!) and move the tail lights to F18 as per the card. Please note these use Loksound v5 extended programming table. This means you MUST change CV31 and CV32 FIRST before changing the CVs listed below in each section. I hope that is clear and as I say I accept no responsibly! 

CV31 = 1, CV32 = 1
----------------------
CV291 =  64
CV292 =   6

CV31 = 16, CV32 = 4
----------------------
CV325 =   0
CV326 =   2
CV341 =   0
CV342 =   2
CV358 =   0
CV374 =   0

CV31 = 16, CV32 = 5
----------------------
CV405 =  64

CV31 = 16, CV32 = 10
----------------------
CV408 =  16

One final item on the card which I can't seem to access is the cold start which is mentioned on F8. I am currently presuming this particular sound set doesn't have one. 

Constructive criticism for future locos; it might be worth putting a dip switch on to turn on/off the stay-alive pack. It can cause all sorts of problems while attempting to re programme. 

Cheers!

Bruce 

Edited by D400
Typos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

15 hours ago, McC said:

This is what I truly don’t understand, on issues which are obviously specific to the particular item received, why post them as “niggles” in the review of a loco.  It’s just so unecessary, and apart from anything else is a bizarre way of addressing such issues.  I can’t help but feel that there is an “I’m annoyed” element to such public posts, which as we know is uneccesarry with Accurascale as they’ll bend over backwards to sort ANY problem, even one not of their making  (eg me losing a detailing bag).

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2