Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Heljan class 28

class29returns

Hattons have been linked with the Co-Bo's in the past as, after Hornby Dublo went out of business, Norman Hatton bought a lot of their stocks including a lot of their Co-Bo models. There were thousands of these in stock and often people would be directed to Hattons if they were looking for one of the Class 28's. This is one of the reasons why we have chosen this loco to be our next model.

Perhaps we could fake a picture of a couple of Class 21,s arriving at Liverpool with them. B)

Hattons have been linked with the Co-Bo's in the past as, after Hornby Dublo went out of business, Norman Hatton bought a lot of their stocks including a lot of their Co-Bo models. There were thousands of these in stock and often people would be directed to Hattons if they were looking for one of the Class 28's.

IIRC they didn't sell out until the early 80's

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi,

I couldn't find any reference here, but does anyone know if the Class 28 will be unique to Hattons?

To be honest, £125-£132 is a little too rich for my taste, just wondering if it is worth waiting to see if Heljan will do a general release once all the fuss has died down?

Many thanks,

Steve

The class 28 like the class 14 also done for Hattons are exclusive to them, and will not be released

as a general model; you can expect them to increase in value 'after the fuss has died down'. So either

you can pay the going rate now or the inflated collector price later. I don t say that this is right but the collectibility factor

seems to loom large in our hobby now.

• 1 month later...

Just had an e-mail from Hattons complete with three video links of the Met-Vick. Not playing on my laptop at the mo but hope others have more luck!

"

has been an exciting week here at Hattons with the arrival of the first pre-production sample of our exclusive Class 28 'Co-Bo' produced by Heljan. Below are some links to videos of the Class 28 on our test track,

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=LPNN45H6s4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=tHEe505h87I

http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=p9YeSAeRVZw

As this is a pre-production sample there are still some changes to be made but the videos provide an exclusive first glimpse of the model.

For anybody attending the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition this weekend, the Class 28 sample will be on display on the Heljan Stand.

For more information on the Class 28 project, and to pre-order, please refer to www.ehattons.com/class28

"

Hi,

Looking good so far, just I hope they sort out the livery, seems abit red to me! :lol: :P

Simon

Red oxide primer perhaps?? Maybe the Paint Shop would be one of the last places in the Works for it go before final testing and release to traffic!!

It's most certainly responsive to the controller in starting and stopping!

Did any of them ever get into Kent?

Richard.

Red oxide primer perhaps?? Maybe the  Paint Shop would be one of the last places in the Works for it go before final testing and release to traffic!!

Richard.

Naaahhh! That's the version for colour-blind purchasers!  ;)

I must admit it's looking promising, although I won't be buying one. I'm not aware of any having got onto the Southern Region, let alone Kent specifically.

More reliable that the real thing it seems...

Bill

I read that after the class had been banished to Barrow, the drivers figured out how to nurse them and they became reliable.

The article also said that open to controller to full and the diesel engine would fail within a few miles.

I read that after the class had been banished to Barrow, the drivers figured out how to nurse them and they became reliable.

The article also said that open to controller to full and the diesel engine would fail within a few miles.

I think it was probably just as much due to BR engineers getting to grips with the crank case problems on the Crossley engines. The class 28's certainly had the potential to become a half decent class of loco's with engine modifications, but as with the Baby Deltics, the National Traction Plan deemed them as non standard, and that was that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...