Tallpaul69

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Any suggestions welcome!

https://www.therange.co.uk/stationery/home-office-essentials/glues-and-tape/sellotape-sticky-fixers-outdoors/#224720

I am told that the outdoor version have better holding power.  Whilst I used screws to fix larger boards down (as you do) I have had success using double sided foam tape to hold small electrical items under boards.

At £1.99 it’s not a big loss to trial and see.  (Assuming you don’t need to trek miles to obtain same.)
Paul.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

21 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

https://www.therange.co.uk/stationery/home-office-essentials/glues-and-tape/sellotape-sticky-fixers-outdoors/#224720

I am told that the outdoor version have better holding power.  Whilst I used screws to fix larger boards down (as you do) I have had success using double sided foam tape to hold small electrical items under boards.

At £1.99 it’s not a big loss to trial and see.  (Assuming you don’t need to trek miles to obtain same.)
Paul.

I have had a number of thoughts around @5barVT suggested foam tape:-

The options seem to be:-

1) Use the plastic bulldog clips to hold the relay boards and tape them either directly to the main board, or  fix the bulldog clips with tape to a daughter board which will then mount to the main board using bolts and pillars.

or:-

2) Dispense with the plastic bulldog clips and tape the relay boards either directly to the main board, or fix them with tape to a daughter board which will then mount to the main board using bolts and pillars. 

Using a daughter board has the advantage that once I am happy with the mounting of the relay boards to the daughter board, I can fix it in one go to the main board and then proceed with the wiring up, rather than fixing then wiring one at a time. Also the route betwen the daughter board and the main board might provide better cable routing from the relay boards to other items on the main board.

I am not yet sure of the pros and cons of the bulldog clips, so will do some experiments with the tape. There should be plenty on a reel to do some experiments and still have enough for the actual installation.

Watch this space....... 

• Like 6

I am still playing around with the alternatives for fixing the small relay panels to a daughter board and the main signal control board.

Meanwhile, I have finally resolved a three month ongoing saga re a Jinty for the layout. 

I had always wanted a Jinty, as apart from liking the looks of it as an engine, it would be a link back to my first train set as a young boy which had one of the original Triang Jintys.

I told myself when my layout plan was centred around Maidenhead that it was too far from LMR territory to be reasonable.

Now that the model has moved to the GW&GC, it seems more reasonable!

So in December I found on the internet one that ticked all my boxes. It had Kadees, sound, working lights and was weathered.

However it suffered in transit, and wouldn't run well. Eventually it went back, and the guy selling it found problems with the chassis, which he had to scrap.

So I bought from him the sound chip and speaker, and after some looking around found a suitable Jinty although it wasnt Kadee, or with lights, or weathered.

Before I got around to doing anything about getting the sound stuff installed, I found a couple of weeks ago a Bachmann Jinty that was ready to go with sound and had a firebox light. In addition it was a Bletchley shed loco, so I reasoned that I could run a Bletchley to High Wycombe and return freight. 

This Jinty has now arrived with me, and taken its first run on the layout. It looks and sounds great, and my story line is that it is so shiny because it has just come back form overhaul! Now all I have to do is sell the other Jinty and the sound chip etc., and sort out the Kadees.  

I will follow up with some photos tomorrow, plus also some shots of today's first run of the season on the LBNGR.

Cheers for now,

Paul 

• Like 4

Time for some pictures!- Yes I know I said tomorrow in Sunday's posting but my tomorrows tend to be a bit elastic, depending on what happens.

Anyway, here are a couple of shots of the Jinty I talked about. Now before anyone comments, I know the location it is standing in is not a point at which any loco ought to stop. It is on the down main just before the start of the down platform and between the down home and down starter signals (when they are installed). However, it is a good position for close up photos.

This first shot is as if I were standing beside the loco, perhaps on a path slightly below track level?

383301342_PaulBradenhamLocos-3F-4.jpg.878fc9fc346d5d0b41e840d3ca6e8e34.jpg

The second photo is from a higher level and also shows my Oxford Dean Goods in the yard.

1443947096_PaulBradenhamLocos-3F-1.jpg.cb53752061c9a474a58b9657188c1496.jpg

Finally, here is a half front shot from the same level showing the lamp at the bottom of the chimney. 

481021933_PaulBradenhamLocos-3F-2.jpg.ead755225b3b9bb3c5845791c6d051e4.jpg

I also promised some shots from last Sunday's first run of the Season on the NGR, so here we go:-

Firstly we see Dot at rest awaiting the off at 10.30am with the "New Season New Bridge" Head Board:-

47435027_paulng-2022seasonstart-4.jpg.9f9ce88a372bca2726cc0532bbc51865.jpg

Then we have a shot full of atmosphere (steam) as Doll makes a spirited start, sprinting for the start of the bank up out of Pages Park!:-

533683430_paulng-2022seasonstart-6.jpg.b03120785c1832378a05d90d2aecde0c.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the above photos and that everyone's modelling is going well?

Saturday, I am off to Ally Pally, my first exhibition for two years or so! This will be interesting, as I have not been on a train either for all that time.

Just wish our Covid rates hadn't started leaping up again!

Cheers for now,

Paul

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, its nice to have RMWeb back!

I had intended to post a short report on Ally Pally, but two weeks later, there doesn't seem much point. The same applies to the pics I took of the second and third running days of the year on the NGR!

So, now I know things are working, I will think about reporting on the progress with Bradenham.

I should have an update for you all at the weekend.

Take care,

Paul

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

One job I have been doing to fill the RM web gap is to table the trains and locos that could have been based at Bradenham and the sheds, and trains, and locos that might have visited Bradenham in the 1960-62 period. The reason for this is to align my loco fleet to those needed as well as those I like!

I am also thinking about running the layout in a 1954-6 period to allow more realistic use of some of the early 50s locos I like such as the Dean Goods. 

I have done this in two groups:- Group A the "local" sheds and trains, Group B the "Distant sheds and trains.

So looking at Bradenham itself, my current list for the locos based there is as follows:-

1) Three off LMR tank engines sub shed from Neasden for the Marylebone suburbans. These replace the locos that ran to/from Neasden morning and evening.

2) One GWR shunter sub shed from Slough. This replaces the loco that in reality was based in High Wycombe yards, being swapped out on the daily Slough-High Wycombe freight..

3) Two GWR shunters to shunt Bradenham Yard, Wycombe End and Princes Risborough Yards. The only real loco (as it was the only real yard!), was a shunter provided to Princes Risborough for a period each morning by Aylesbury shed.

4) Alternately a ER Ji5 0-6-0 tender loco or a LMR Ivatt 2-6-2 tank for the Watlington freights. This replaces similar locos in reality based at Aylesbury shed.

5) Either an ER 2-6-0 tender loco or an LMR 3F/4F freight loco to provide a freight pick up run to Woodford Halse. In reality, this loco was based at Woodford.

The "local" based locos that might have visited Bradenham shed could be:-

1) A GWR 61xx tank based at Reading (or Slough?) that arrived on the morning Reading to Princes Risborough parcels, and worked back LE to Slough around 09.30. Mine will stop off at Bradenham, and return to Slough a couple of hours later than in real life.

2) A Banbury Collett (or Dean) Goods 0-6-0 tender loco on the daily Banbury to Old Oak (or the one in the opposite direction), pick up freight, which is supposed to have a problem, retiring to Bradenham shed and being replaced by whatever Bradenham had in steam!   

3) Various ER/LMR/Standard freight locos bringing freights into High Wycombe. In reality these trains went forward to the ER or GWR London area yards. Sometimes one of these will fail as per the Collett/Dean goods above.

4) A GWR 61xx tank or a 56xx tank from Oxford or Slough on the daily Taplow-Oxford or Oxford-Taplow freights. Another candidate for a failure, but not on the same day as locos 2) or 3) above fail! 

5) Banbury/Aylesbury/Slough 14xx or 64xx on Auto coaches between these points and High Wycombe, calling between trips.

This is just the first draft of the Bradenham shed movements. Updates to this and the longer distance train movements to follow!

Happy Modelling All,

Cheers'

Paul

• Like 5

Hi everyone,

I have spent some time this week going through the appropriate examples of the excellent Carriage Working Documents of Robert Carroll's. I have been sorting out info on the diagrams of the Aylesbury Auto coaches and the Marylebone to GW&GC Suburban coaches. As I have a 1958 WTT, I have been matching the workings to the 1958 coach rotas. 

It is a bit disconcerting to find that 14 different sets worked to High Wycombe at some time during the day! It is helpful that not all of these worked northwards from HW so would not have passed through Bradenham, but it makes my 4 sets seem a bit meagre. My plan is that two would start and end their day at Bradenham, while the other two only circulate at intervals, one up and one down. 

I intend to work it so that my 4 sets swap roles at the end of each day as most of the sets did in real life. Thus the two that start the day at Bradenham, will not finish the day there.  

A few other Bradenham workings are beginning to come together:- 

I wanted a working to bring a choice of my LMR locos to Bradenham other than those working in from Woodford or Neasden. One that particularly appeals is a Bletchley to High Wycombe via Aylesbury pick up (or perhaps a parcels?), which will usually have my Jinty on it, (which is a Bletchley based loco), but occasionally with greater loads my Crab or Super D. 

Bradenham is starting to develop as a local Parcels centre with the morning Reading to Princes Risborough via Maidenhead working and the morning Greenford to Beaconsfield parcels diesel (often with a tail load), extended to Bradenham, plus an extended to Bradenham version of the evening High Wycombe to London parcels, so a parcels from/to Bletchley would fit!

A standard 5MT, which will work into the area with the fuel tanker trains to Thame, might, instead of tripping to Oxford for servicing, come back to Bradenham. The downside of this idea however, is that the run to Oxford allowed the loco to turn, which it can't do at Bradenham. The 5MT could alternate with a 65xx Diesel, which won't need to turn!

The above ideas allow diesels to have a foothold. I am quite happy with first generation diesels, but the trouble is they might demand a fuel tank at Bradenham, and the shed area is already a bit tight.

Another possibility is to copy the Banbury to Cowley via Oxford workman's trains as a Banbury to Wycombe End via Bradenham workman's. The coaches from this might spend the day in the siding at Bradenham vacated in the early morning by one of the Marylebone suburban sets. The loco could be a 61xx, which after a rest on Bradenham shed heads off LE for duties elsewhere, returning in the afternoon for the return workman's.     

One way and another Bradenham is starting to become a busy little shed. This is good, both as an operational feature, and as justification for building it in the first place! 

With all these ideas for workings, I need to get on and get the shed area built. However, this will have to wait until after Easter as i need to spend some time tidying up the layout for when my younger son and his family visit over Easter.

Meanwhile, here's wishing everyone good health and good times modelling, and I will update you further on Bradenham and Wycombe End soon.

Kind regards

Paul

• Like 5

Hi All,

With Easter starting and the family descending on us later tonight, I thought I would slip in a quick update on Bradenham.

With little achieved this week, I thought I would show you two recent additions to my heavy freight fleet:-

Firstly here is 63725 a DCC sound fitted 2-8-0, which is visiting Bradenham after a trip from South Yorkshire with coal traffic. This loco looks good, gently weathered, and with real coal on the tender, works well, and sounds terrific.

559886951_PaulBradenhamLocos-2.jpg.23933efbd12c894acf6cca8724cbf87b.jpg 

Secondly , and way out of period with 63725, we have S&DJR 7F No. 89. This is intended to work on steam special in my c2019 version of Bradenham. the 7Fs have always been a favourite of mine since I first became interested in the S&DJR some 20+ years ago. This loco also looks and sounds great.

2074140137_PaulBradenhamLocos-3.jpg.4b1d6d9b03ebb72fbf74d92501f99561.jpg

One job this photo shows I will have to do on the 7F is to devise a fall plate!

Have a great Easter,

Happy Modelling,

Paul

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Between our youngest son and his family visiting over Easter, and our eldest son moving house over the May weekend, modelling and communicating on RM have taken a back seat for a while!

I did manage to throw into the RMWeb arena my two pennies seeking to bring reality to bear on all the throwing of toys out of the prams when photos were not accessible on RM as a result of the mess by the original hosting firm! 

Thank goodness we have Andy and Co. to steer us through the mess and be capable of ignoring the screaming children and just get on with the providing the greater good. 

Anyway, Easter was a great success, and last week's house move, went well. I shall just be glad when my garage, (which doesn't have to house a car), is clear of "Son Geoff's storage" and will allow me to do a reorganisation of my model storage that was on my winter job list, but had to be delayed.

The sooner I can get that done, the sooner I can move on with installing my signals and ballasting track etc. However, having seen on Sunday Geoff's new double garage stuffed with things they need to sort out, I can understand why their family bikes and a large number of boxes are going to have to stay with us for a while.

I hope over the next few days to post a number of photos from the NGR which opened it's half mile extension over the weekend.

Cheers for now,

Paul          

• Like 4

I spent an hour or so on Sunday replacing photos to find they had all disappeared a few hours later. 

🥲

No point in complaining, no one's fault - it's one of those things, and it was no great hardship to redo them.

Bearing in mind the issues with the last web hosts we're lucky to still have the forum and all the old posts.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Nick Gough said:

I spent an hour or so on Sunday replacing photos to find they had all disappeared a few hours later. 

🥲

I think there was a glitch specifically on Sunday.  Posts that were made to my thread weren’t there later.  Things that I had done had become ‘undone’.

I’m assuming that after the glitch ‘somebody’ restated from an hour or so earlier.

N.B. An observation not a complaint.  I too am glad that we have something rescued from the ashes.

My point in this is that I suspect that replacing photos now won’t get lost - I’ve checked my thread and those that I replaced at the start of April are all still there.

Paul.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Hope everyone is progressing in their modelling endeavours?

I had hoped to get back to modelling this week having not managed a lot since Easter.

However, jobs supporting my eldest son after their house move two weeks ago, sorting out my garage/model store after son's family's bikes and boxes were moved out last weekend, and it being time to get jobs done on the vegetable patch, have put pay to that idea! 

Better luck next week? - Fingers crossed!

However, I can report that it is sunny in south Bedfordshire (If you ignore yesterday)!

Cheers for now,

Paul

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Its still sunny (but with the threat of thunder overnight tonight)!

With various household/garden/family items continuing to get in the way of modelling, I though I would use the thread to help with a long overdue review of where things are going on my modelling periods other than 1960/2 which has, apart from some mentions of colour light signals, dominated this thread and my modelling efforts.

So, to set the scene, here is a summary of my modern(!) modelling periods.

1960/2 is followed by 1990/2.

When I initially planned my multi period approach (almost 15 years ago), ! planned on portraying 1962,1977, 1992, and 2007. Thus I was working on a 15 year interval between period. However, for a number of years progress towards a useable layout was non existent for a number of reasons I won't bore you with. 

So come 2016 and we were looking to move house, with a room for the railway a non negotiable factor, I decided that  the peroids needed to change: I wanted to portray a more up to date period with the advent of some interesting new stock particularly the Hitachi 800s, without increasing the overall number of periods. So I decided that 1977 would have to go, to be replaced by 2017 ish.

1990/2 is followed by 2005/7, followed by 2017/19, which might in time jump forward to 2022 .

Now it must not be forgotten that for a number of reasons, what was originally conceived as the slow lines of the WR main line, has ended up as the GW&GC. This has effected all the periods to some extent, although 1960/2 least, because that period precedes the run down especially on the goods side of the GW&GC.

My railway was always going to include a hefty dose of Rule 1, but I decided that as a general rule, the I would ignore the Beeching Era reductions in the GW&GC operation, bearing in mind that a number of them have since been reversed.

So I intend in each of the next three postings to talk in turn about the three "Modern" portraits of my railway.   

Cheers for now,

Happy Modelling,

Paul   

• Like 3

I knew the sunny weather was too good to last , its raining again!

Moving my layout review forward to 1992, I need to set out how I see Bradenham at that time, before discussing the trains in detail.

The biggest change I need to reflect from 1962 version is the decline in goods workings:-

I am excusing the continued existence of the goods yard little changed from 1962 by repurposing it as an engineers yard. This will also allow me to keep it unaltered for later periods. I am quite at ease with this as engineers stock and the repurposing of capital stock to the engineers is one of my interests. 

The only major visible change is that the outwards goods shed will go, but its just a case of making this easily removable!

The large inwards goods shed is a different matter, and my way round this is that it has been privatised. All I will need to do is fashion some easily removeable fencing and a set of gates across the tracks.

The one area that i have yet to finalise a plan for is the loco shed and one coaching stock siding. However, as this has yet to be finalised for 1962, it hopefully will not be a problem. My first thought is a removeable engine shed that is replaced by a large ballast mound, which would hide the "cinders" surfacing of the loco yard. The stock siding would then be a ballast wagon loading and unloading siding.

The station will stay unaltered although I will have to devise a way of having replaceable signs.

I know the NSE livery is not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it, and to me it represents a good period of optimism for the railways of the south east after the depressing ever downward spiral of the post steam BR years.

Also,1992 is interesting as it marks the transition from the first to the second generations of DMUs so both can be present. The big snag is the lack of RTR class 115 DMUs. My line is that in mid 1992 these were getting decrepit and were substituted by a mixture of 108s,117s, and 121s, with the new order represented by NSE liveried 166s, and the occasional  "borrowed" 150 or 158. 

The supposed continued existence of the Oxford to Princes Risborough line allows me to run HSTs on fill in runs between  Paddington and Oxford via High Wycombe, with a couple of those extending to/from Hereford. The occasional class 50 hauled stock will appear, supposedly on the same route and also on Paddington to Birmingham trains.  Steam hauled excursions and football specials to Wembley will allow a wide range of locos and stock to make occasional visits. 

On the freight side, my story is that the Banbury to Didcot route had got so clogged, some freightliner and other block trains were re routed via High Wycombe. There will also be daily in each direction a "Speedlink" mixed freight.

One freight that is correct for the period is the daily rubbish runs to Calvert, but I have yet to decide on the best stock for this. 

Of course the Bradenham engineers yard will allow a couple of engineers trains each way per day, and the privatised freight distribution depot will require LWB and bogie vans, plus the occasional train of continental stock!

Thus I can quite legitimately make Bradenham quite busy, and once I manage a connection to Wycombe End, I can include trips with wagons for repair and private locos for attention at the industries there.

So there we are, a flavour of my 1990s Bradenham layout scene, next posting we will move on to 2007.

Cheers for now,

Paul 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 14/04/2022 at 19:35, Tallpaul69 said:

Secondly , and way out of period with 63725, we have S&DJR 7F No. 89. This is intended to work on steam special in my c2019 version of Bradenham. the 7Fs have always been a favourite of mine since I first became interested in the S&DJR some 20+ years ago. This loco also looks and sounds great.

2074140137_PaulBradenhamLocos-3.jpg.4b1d6d9b03ebb72fbf74d92501f99561.jpg

One job this photo shows I will have to do on the 7F is to devise a fall plate!

Have a great Easter,

Happy Modelling,

Paul

I have wondered about the spacing of the SDJR on these Bachman 7Fs. There don't seem to be many photos of them in SDJR days. There is the works grey official photo which has the narrower version and the ones of the trial on MR metals around Cricklewood. The latter has a tender cab and wider spacing. Most SDJR tender locos had the wider spacing, fairly evenly stretched over the length of the tender. Does anyone know of photos of 7Fs in action on the SDJR with the narrower spacing? The preservation guys obviously favour the narrower style, so presumably they have evidence for it. I suspect one can't really count Derby's grey job as definitive.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

So today it is time for an overview of the 2007 version of Bradenham:-

A lot of the infrastructure side is the same as 1992, the signs will have a further update.

The trains have seen quite a lot of updating.

Except for a few departmental units mainly ex 121/122s, the first generation DMUs have gone.

The second generation that were just making an appearance in 1992 provide all the stopping and semifast trains. In reality 168s now hold sway, but applying Rule1 I will have both 166s and 168s. The 166s owned by Thames Trains will be running between Paddington and Oxford via the GW&GC and Thame. The Chiltern Railways168s will run between Marylebone and Aylesbury/Banbury via the GC&GW. There will also be occasional 143s,150s, and 158s. 

Long Distance trains will as 1992 be HSTs but the Class 50s are long gone! Instead 67s will appear on trains to Birmingham with DVTs in tow. However, an addition is the arrival of the Virgin Cross Country 220/221 on services between Birmingham and the South Coast. 

An additional Rule 1 service will be class 57s on Sleeping cars, which in reality ran straight along the Western mainline to Reading and Bristol, but which I am re routing via Oxford.

Freight locos will be more up to date with 66s to the fore with the occasional 60 or 59. One run of a 37 will be a daily domestic coal/coal empties of perhaps 3 wagons! 

The Bradenham engineers sidings will be much the same as in 1992, just the motive power of the engineers trains will change.

For ease, initially the railway will run on the same timetables for both 1992 and 2007, with just the motive power and the stock changing. I might also use the same timetable initially for the 2019 version, but i will talk about that further in my next posting on the 2019 Bradenham scene.

Cheers for now,

Paul

• Like 3

Hi All,

Well, here we are at Bradenham in 2019!

Firstly, an addendum to last post's 2007 view. Partly because they are only at the pre-order stage, I forgot to add the upcoming 180s. These 5 car units were in reality used on the Paddington to Oxford and Worcester trains as well as to Bristol. So with Bradenham still able to send trains trough Thame to Oxford, it is only reasonable that they should make an appearance!

Progressing with 2019, generally the motive power and units will be much the same as for 2007, just in different liveries, particularly noticeable is the advent of GWR Green. The older locos such as class 20s, 37s,47s and 60s, will be less in evidence as of course the class 68s have appeared on the Birmingham passenger trains and the class 70s on the freight side.

In addition a couple of preserved steam/ diesel locos will run, probably as light engines being on their way to/from a gala or an excursion run. They may pause at Bradenham for inspection purposes. Similar pairs will be use in the 1992 and 2007 portrayals. 

Bradenham yard will still be an engineers site, with UK and Continental LWB and Bogie vans continuing with their visits to the privatised freight depot. Depending on your outlook, the engineers sidings are more drab, or more uniform with the majority of the stock in yellow livery contrasting with the varied liveries of Serco, EWS, and others mixed with some yellow in 2007.

This period still needs a bit more work, which will move forward when I look at the initial sets of locos and stock for each of the eras.

Until I am able to link Bradenham and Wycombe End or build the additional loops to pass in front of Wycombe End to link the double junctions at either end of Bradenham, my intention is to run Bradenham with 8 trains and 16 locos/units, and Wycombe End with four trains and eight locos/units for each period.  Some of the trains will be LE movements or short formations of one coach or 2/3 wagons.

That's all for now folks,

Happy modelling!

Paul

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Nick Gough said:

I guess, with the line through Thame still open, the 2015 chord linking the GWR and Oxford - Bicester lines, at Bicester, won't have been built?

Nick, I am in two minds about that.

My current inclination is that the chord was built as reality, to enable Chiltern Trains  services to reach Oxford. This is logical because the retained Thame line would have been exclusive to FGW, and not have sufficient capacity to share! 

FGW would be running long distance trains to Worcester, Hereford etc., as well as commuter trains to Thame and Oxford.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 3

Afternoon, one and all,

Here are further thoughts on Bradenham in 2019:-

The engineers sidings are to be a (temporary) home for a MPV. The crew will be ferried to/from Bradenham by a service train or a friendly freight crew.

So at the beginning /end of the day, the placing of trains might be as follows:-

Up loops (capacity 2 short + 2 longer trains and a combination of 2 short , or 2 LE and a short, or 4 LEs in the stub sidings:-

Class 166 GWR Unit, 68+DVT +Chiltern Birmingham Train, Class 60 with engineers wagons. 

Down loops (capacity 2 short + 2 longer trains):-

Class 168 Chiltern Unit, GWR HST, Class 66 with containers

Up future links (capacity 2 short trains or 2LEs and a short train, or4 LEs in the stub sidings):-

Class 37+ Inspection Saloon, Class 66LE, Class 20 LE

Down future links (capacity 2 short trains, or 2 LE and a short train, or 4 LEs in the stub sidings):-

Class 57 + West coast brake coach, Class 66 LE, 1 x steam loco LE

Prior to developing a WTT, running sessions might consist of running the trains in the loops around the system, sometimes one circuit at a time, sometimes more. These will be interspersed with the LEs and short trains running round, sometimes stopping at Bradenham to let another train past.  The up engineers train will pause at Bradenham to shunt/change its consist. The MPV will come out from Bradenham yard from time to time. It may swap holding location with a short train or an LE for a while, returning to Bradenham later. 

So, this is my current thinking for 2019, while the earlier periods will have similar trains with appropriate to the era locos, units and stock.

This is a little limited, but is about all that can be achieved without the hand from the sky, prior to the other links being built.

Happy Modelling,

Paul

• Like 2

Anything is plausible, it depends how many degrees of separation you are willing to go to.

Ive seen an empty sleeper pictured at PR, I’ve seen containers pictured at HW, I’ve seen drags of other stuff that shouldn’t be there.

If you want further inspiration the photos of Geoff plumb on Flickr are good as is the local railway society whose name escapes me ( is it the high Wycombe and Maidenhead rail enthusiasts ?)

• Informative/Useful 2