The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Your dream car

Mr Brunel

Already own it :P

Mine and my dad's Lotus Turbo Esprit, S3, JPS liveried, Team Lotus, World Championship Company Car:

post-1656-127395417722_thumb.jpg

We've spent a long time restoring this one to full spec - still the interior to do! Previous owners, two, first was a Mr N.Mansell (whose name you can make out on the car itself).

Guest Natalie Graham

I'm not that bothered about cars (Although that Alfa 8C is rather nice) so my dream vehicle would have to be:

1973_500_tre_Cilindrica_Corsa_Ago_bike.jpg

:wub:

Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst Edition

Jensen Interceptor (the one with the ridiclously sized engine)

Lancia Delta Intergrale (in perfect nick only).

• RMweb Gold

Already own it tongue.gif

Mine and my dad's Lotus Turbo Esprit, S3, JPS liveried, Team Lotus, World Championship Company Car:

post-1656-127395417722_thumb.jpg

We've spent a long time restoring this one to full spec - still the interior to do! Previous owners, two, first was a Mr N.Mansell (whose name you can make out on the car itself).

wow, you lucky, lucky man. Ok my real dream car was a Elan S4 dophead sprint in Gold Leaf colours, but man, that Esprit is my whole childhood wrapped up in fibreglass!

Now, I'd have a WRX

wow, you lucky, lucky man. Ok my real dream car was a Elan S4 dophead sprint in Gold Leaf colours, but man, that Esprit is my whole childhood wrapped up in fibreglass!

Now, I'd have a WRX

Only lucky now - you should have seen it 12 years ago. It's taken a lot of hard graft to get it to this state, and I STILL can't drive it :lol:

The insurance company doesn't like the idea of a 22 year old driving a Lotus Esprit, strangely enough <_< :lol:

We had to make new panels for the front end from scratch, and a new bumper - the previous owner hadn't treated it badly by any means, but the fibreglass panels were failing. It's - off the top of my head - just coming up to 30 years old now. I reckon 80% is original, the 20% is directly related to the panels we sadly had to replace, although it's a credit to my dad's paintwork that it all matches in shade and colour for both lining and the gloss black finish.

Weelll, you did say it's a dream car, right! Straight from my all time biggest dream................

post-6892-12739688547_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, despite how much i messed around with my own photos, i could not get them to look decent so from wikipedia, under creative commons attribution-share license .

One day.........!

John E.

Another vote for the Lancia Integrale and Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst, in White or Red for me!

Vauxhall Insignia VXR, White with the dark Grey wheels. (Saw one today and have sat in one, want it!!)

Honda Intergra type-R, in White yet again.

Mitsubishi Evo 7, 8 or 9.

And, hear me out on this, a Renault Espace 3.5 V6. The thought of pulling up to the lights in a standard looking MPV but being able to trash the boy racer in his souped up Saxo or Corsa puts an evil smile on my face! (0-60 in under 8 secs , tops out at 140mph!)

Andy.

Archived