7 hours ago, TT-Pete said:

Neil, who makes the cobble surface? Looks like it comes as a roll?

It’s by Faller (170646), it does come on a roll. Previously I’ve always used Wills sheets but saw it on a Belgian layout (online) and thought it looked pretty spot on so thought I’d try it.

Neil

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

Another update, in the last month I’ve actually managed to do some modelling, so there is more to report.

I have been on this site a bit less, as it’s become pretty unusable on the iPad, but is actually fine on my phone, so hopefully the images appear correctly.

First of all the Mehano class 77 numbered 7771 has been repaired and has entered traffic, in the end as I couldn’t source a suitable gear wheel it’s 3 axle drive, so runs fine.

SNCB 7771 - Mehano

SNCB 7771 - Mehano

One of the Roco class 20’s has been fitted with sound. This is the normal ESU V5 Sound project file.

I’ve carried on work on the shed building, it’s been painted and doors and windows added to the office / workshop section. Will do some more with the brickwork in due course and add some shed doors.

Low Relief Shed Building

The cobblestones at the front of the layout have been fixed down the ballast has been laid to meet in. I’ve also added static grass to give it a slightly neglected look.

First Lot of Static Grass

More static grass laid

More static grass laid

More static grass laid

I’m also adding a water crane as these were common at the Belgian Depots, this started life as a Auhagen kit and will be finished and painted as and when time permits.

Water Column

Water Column

Stay safe everyone,

Neil

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Happy New Year!!!

First update of 2022.

Managed a few bits before and after Christmas, we’ve been stuck at home a bit of late with the family having Covid, it came home with our daughter from school, and my wife subsequently caught from, but for some reason I’ve remained negative. Everyone is fine.

One of the jobs to report is the shed has roller shutter doors. These will be sprayed once the weather improves and I can paint again outside.

Depot Doors

SNCB 5317 - Roco

I’ve put some more static grass down and made a start on painting the watertower.

Belgian Water Tower

Please ignore the Czech registered cars… They are just for representative purposes!!

Stay safe,

Neil

• Like 6

Here are few more recent pictures that I’ve posted to the layouts Facebook page (I tend to put more content on there at the moment).

A few shunters, oil drums to be repainted in Elf colours in due course.

SNCB 8269 - Piko

A eth fitted class 55 by B Models
SNCB 5505 - B Models

Class 59 from Van Biervliet/ B Models.

SNCB 5931 - B Models

A Piko 80 class with the fuel point in the foreground.

SNCB 8045 - Piko

Stay safe everyone,

Neil

Edited by Neils WRX
Adding a missing photo caption
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Some more progress on the watertower, nearly finished needs a bit of weathering and fitting the depth gauge.

The Watertower - Kit Nord

B Models have hinted they are about to produce  51’s so here are my Mehano 51’s.

SNCB 51’s - Mehano

I’m planning to add trees along the back scene, to get used to the effect I’ve added a few temporarily. The actual model trees will be a bit taller.

Fake Plastic Tree’s

Stay safe,

Neil

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Quick recap of the last few weeks Facebook updates. 

The graffiti “artists” have paid a visit to the bridge end of the layout and been quite busy.

Graffiti Artists have been

Graffiti Artists have been

I’m going to put trees along the back of the layout and placed a line of them to get an idea what it will look like.

Fake Plastic Trees

The ground has been covered by a strip of Model scene mat, the next job will be to fix the trees down.

Rough Ground

Only one new arrival (which is really a bit modern as the livery dates from 2017), a Piko 186 in Lineas colours. Lineas are the freight bit of Belgian Railways.

Lineas 186293 - Piko

Stay safe everyone,

Neil

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

Lovely layout I manufactured some 1/87 Resin kits about 20 years ago for Jocadis of “then” modern low floor Van Hool buses, the Jocadis shop was like an Aladdin’s cave for the Belgian modeller another good shop was in Bourgerhout in Antwerp think was Balien, anyhow here is said kit I manufactured , it was a popular kit think Jocadis had about 300 of them 

4ECBEE02-C3C8-4845-874E-631E759503A4.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TTDB said:

Lovely layout I manufactured some 1/87 Resin kits about 20 years ago for Jocadis of “then” modern low floor Van Hool buses, the Jocadis shop was like an Aladdin’s cave for the Belgian modeller another good shop was in Bourgerhout in Antwerp think was Balien, anyhow here is said kit I manufactured , it was a popular kit think Jocadis had about 300 of them 

4ECBEE02-C3C8-4845-874E-631E759503A4.jpeg

Jocadis was my favourite old-style model railway shop in Belgium. Akways friendly, always remembered me even though I only went a couple of times a year.

3 hours ago, luke_stevens said:

Jocadis was my favourite old-style model railway shop in Belgium. Akways friendly, always remembered me even though I only went a couple of times a year.

Yes lovely people unfortunately Mr Witmeur has passed away now, this was about 2000 when I made those kits, LS were just coming on stream and Jocadis had just made their RTR 2 car EMU can’t remember what class it was and also a nice low floor De Lijn tram exclusive to them, 

• Like 1

I remember the Jocadis shop in Enghien I went a few times over the years.

I also remember looking at the lovely (expensive) models in the display cases.

Did buy a few detailing bits and pieces and a few wagons, could never afford a class 51.

On the subject of buses, here are mine:

Belgian Buses!!

Thanks,

Neil

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Neils WRX said:

I remember the Jocadis shop in Enghien I went a few times over the years.

I also remember looking at the lovely (expensive) models in the display cases.

Did buy a few detailing bits and pieces and a few wagons, could never afford a class 51.

On the subject of buses, here are mine:

Belgian Buses!!

Thanks,

Neil

I’m not sure does the Jocadis name still exist and they trade form Enghien train station? 
I could never understand why the Belgian government split SNCV into Walloon and Flemish operating areas when they try to harmonise any of cultural differences between the two! 
There are some rare TEC buses on Ebay at the moment by the now defunct VK modelle, polish built Solaris single deckers.

31 minutes ago, TTDB said:

I’m not sure does the Jocadis name still exist and they trade form Enghien train station? 
I could never understand why the Belgian government split SNCV into Walloon and Flemish operating areas when they try to harmonise any of cultural differences between the two! 
There are some rare TEC buses on Ebay at the moment by the now defunct VK modelle, polish built Solaris single deckers.

It is the same name but not the same company.

From the French Wikipedia page:

“theJune 10, 2013saw the cessation of the activities of the Jocadis company, due to bankruptcy, 35 years after its creation.

“This same year 2013, the company Eosyra bought the name Jocadis and continued the production of railcars which will be distributed by the non-profit association ( ASBL ) Rail-Track.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jocadis

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tree Planting 

As the title says I’ve been planting trees. The tree’s are from Heki with the bottoms cut off and a bolt glued on.

Tree planting!!

These were then “planted” along the backscene.

Tree planting!!

Tree planting!!

All was going well until I drilled through one of the “bus wires”, who said DCC was just 2 wires…..

DCC is only 2 wires!!

Thanks,

Neil

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 12/03/2022 at 11:01, D1023 said:

I wish my wiring looked that neat, luckily you can't tip my layout up to inspect it !

The layout is coming on really well.

Thanks for the positive comments.

The Czech layout will be getting a rewire at some point as that is spiders mess… More on that on its own thread.

The layout does seem popular on a Danish Facebook site after these pictures were posted.

Danish Visitors

More Danish Visitors

Don’t worry I won’t get distracted again….

Thanks,

Neil

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Neils WRX said:

Lol!!! No plans for an EA as the Danish Layout (coming in about 2030’ish) won’t have wires.

We had a family holiday in Helsingør in '85 just as the EA's were being introduced so I got to know them well. I have resisted the temptation to get one of the Acme Models EA (so far!)

Luke

1 hour ago, luke_stevens said:

We had a family holiday in Helsingør in '85 just as the EA's were being introduced so I got to know them well. I have resisted the temptation to get one of the Acme Models EA (so far!)

Luke

I remember Helsingør and the train ferries to and from Sweden. I remember one time walking onto the ferry to get on the coaches on the car deck and having a MY (Nohab) back to Copenhagen straight from the boat.

This is the Denmark I’m planning to model (at some point).

Thanks,

Neil

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Neils WRX said:

I would like a Kof or maybe a MH shunter though!!

Nice shed line up, I have a kit built MH (Tikob) but the Hobbytrade one would be less work and more accurate. There was a proper Frichs kof body available on Shapeways a few years ago but it seems to have vanished. An MK would also be nice, Kleinspoor did a batch about 15 years ago but don’t seem to have rerun it.

Edited by doctor quinn
  • Like 1