Salmon Wagon updates

6 hours ago, newbryford said:

Is that the "inspired by" chap?

That’s the one. “Class_66_driver” on eBay is none other than Jason from Resin Printed Railways - who is infamous for selling 3D prints that are “90%” there, being generous.

I won’t forget the Facebook fiasco in which several notable people such as Mick, ‘New Bryford’, were spoken to in a rather rude manner and subsequently blocked all because the bloke can’t take constructive criticism that would have benefited him and his reputation… The high regard I once held for Jason after this has rather soured.
Once had the audacity to say mine were wrong even though they are based on New Bryford’s measurements on here! 

Apologies if seen as mudslinging, but this couldn’t be closer to the truth!

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/08/2023 at 14:05, slg said:

New update from Footplate Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=146291545186854&set=a.103471846135491

I tried their connection to the Flangeway site but it failed, so I'll put one here 

https://flangeway.com/ 

Well found! After checking the website it appears all the modern ones have the holding bars on and non are flat tops? Is this supposed to be, I thought the modern ones were flat tops? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

• 2 months later...

Got an email today, that delivery to Footplate is due in the next few days, if you did pre-order, then it seems you need to go back onto the website and place the order again. At the moment the pre order price seems to be £39.95 per wagon. Not sure what stock levels are going to be like but I’m getting my order in now!

• Like 3

Our long awaited Salmon wagons with their new ASF roller bearing bogie have now arrived just in time for Christmas.

These wagons are available in Engineers Yellow and EWS Maroon priced at the LOWER price of £39.95.

Limited quantities available from http://www.flangeway.com . 😃

And yes, they are the full length... 😏

DSC_0018.JPG.344eb6e5070b902fcfbe79bab6f7bee2.JPG

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

My order arrived today and they are amazing. A great and much needed addition to the modern engineering wagon fleet. A nice amount of weight to them. Glad to also see some spare handbrake wheels included as well. Only thing missing now is the Osprey’s.  

IMG_2446.jpeg

IMG_2442.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

Excellent quick service from Footplate. Ordered on Thursday whilst on a train from Gatwick and they arrive in Dorset on Saturday! First chance I’ve had to take a look for myself… 

Unboxing… packaging is very good, even with paper still on the boxes.

IMG_7770.jpeg.8bb337c9a3347611b56ba5cd553b5229.jpeg

Salmon is very secure within the ice cube, which itself isn’t overkill like some packaging can be.

IMG_7771.jpeg.e6d25df965b7efefdafbe8e6466a4e83.jpeg

A job well done on the Salmon and I look forward to adding it to the fleet!
The only critique I would point out is that there is a slight warp in the body of the wagons, where the centre of the wagon is bowing skywards slightly from either end. Not sure if others have spotted this or had this occur. 
IMG_7772.jpeg.9712f01f44e57d9d3a56a956227da618.jpeg

Other than that, I can’t fault the model straight out of the box. Livery and application is superb and very much fills the gap in modern RTR department rolling stock. Well done Footplate & Flangeway! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bearwood West Yard said:

Excellent quick service from Footplate. Ordered on Thursday whilst on a train from Gatwick and they arrive in Dorset on Saturday! First chance I’ve had to take a look for myself… 

Unboxing… packaging is very good, even with paper still on the boxes.

IMG_7770.jpeg.8bb337c9a3347611b56ba5cd553b5229.jpeg

Salmon is very secure within the ice cube, which itself isn’t overkill like some packaging can be.

IMG_7771.jpeg.e6d25df965b7efefdafbe8e6466a4e83.jpeg

A job well done on the Salmon and I look forward to adding it to the fleet!
The only critique I would point out is that there is a slight warp in the body of the wagons, where the centre of the wagon is bowing skywards slightly from either end. Not sure if others have spotted this or had this occur. 
IMG_7772.jpeg.9712f01f44e57d9d3a56a956227da618.jpeg

Other than that, I can’t fault the model straight out of the box. Livery and application is superb and very much fills the gap in modern RTR department rolling stock. Well done Footplate & Flangeway! 

I'm not certain, but it may well be prototypical for the deck to bow upwards slightly.

This was known as 'hogging', and was designed to counteract any tendency to sagging under load.

CJI.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

38 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I'm not certain, but it may well be prototypical for the deck to bow upwards slightly.

This was known as 'hogging', and was designed to counteract any tendency to sagging under load.

CJI.

Now you mention it, you’re quite right! I thought possibly these would have been manufactured in the under-load position as most may model these under load. But yes, makes sense that they are die cast with the frame RSJ’s pre stressed in a ‘hogged’ position. 

1 hour ago, Martin_R said:

Just went online to order but they are now showing ‘sold out’……..

... but only the original BR Black, from the first batch.  The olive green from the first batch and all of the new ASF variants are still in stock.

Some great service from Footplate / Flangeway to ensure a missing item from my order turned up. All 6 now with me and I am very impressed!

A nice bag of accessories came with each wagon in a re-sealable bag - not someting you see very often these days which is good. I also noted that these come with the bolster to add if you so wish as well as 3 hook couplings (though these maybe for aesthetic purposes). Few other little bits in there too. the outer box is very nice however the plastic ice cube was a little odd with its separate pieces but not really an issue just not to my preference. The other odd thing i noticed was the new pockets. The new couplers don’t seem to go all the way in? Is this just me being stupid or are others having this issue too? I will most likely fit kadees or something similar to bring the gap closer in between wagons. 

Other than these minor points, the weight of the model is impressive for a wagon with such little (if anything) above the sole-bar level! The run freely and well across my code 75 track work. The printing is great and the variations between each one is very nice too! The yellow seems to be a good shade and the ews maroon looks spot on too! The deck material is very nice and I look forward to weathering these! Over all I’m very happy and may add another 2 to the rake in time. 

Some photos of them up close and a video of them running below!

IMG_9438.jpeg.aeaab0ec041a714b015c3dc6be7caa2e.jpeg

IMG_9442.jpeg.5eafea07fad399983f87bba81d2bd6be.jpeg

IMG_9444.jpeg.db064758584699734ee9ac675dcac25c.jpeg

IMG_9440.jpeg.48847b3af426ab327585dccdf00803e1.jpeg

IMG_9439.jpeg.ace36a7635e0836db2878709d37c0ae0.jpeg

IMG_9441.jpeg.82bc95e359a08fe572a15e75d2272b7d.jpeg

IMG_9445.jpeg.43205e7a8c9243011667cd5e5d88aa39.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, WCML100 said:

Few other little bits in there too. the outer box is very nice however the plastic ice cube was a little odd with its separate pieces but not really an issue just not to my preference.

Maybe not but the arrangement works to protect the wagon if dropping one from a great height. Only the wheels popped out which were easily popped back in.  Not a test I normally subject new purchases to - this one got special treatment…

• Informative/Useful 1