Hornby yellow 31233 - are the cab front lights removable ?

A quick question on the bright yellow Network Rail 31233 if I may....

Are the additional lights/cameras on the cab & roof line at one end removable ? Are they like a clip-fit or glued on ?

A friend is selling one of these at an attractive price, but it is a little too "modern" for my '80s/early '90s era, so am trying to figure out if it is a suitable repaint project for my era...

it's this one: IMG_0055.JPG

47 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

I would assume they are glued into holes. Should be easy enough to remove them

and fill and paint the holes though. 

I am indeed hoping so !

But before i slap 60 of=dd beer tokens down on the counter, i was hoping someone might be able to confirm that from experience kind of thing...  A heads up on any non-obvious gotchas would be good.

you know, just wondering.....

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 47406 said:

I am indeed hoping so !

But before i slap 60 of=dd beer tokens down on the counter, i was hoping someone might be able to confirm that from experience kind of thing...  A heads up on any non-obvious gotchas would be good.

you know, just wondering.....

pubs are closed, your going to need a headlight for the front, and if your doing a repaint any gap / residue will be covered anyway.

60 sheets isn't bad for this 31, if you dont want it i’ll take it.

20 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

pubs are closed, your going to need a headlight for the front, and if your doing a repaint any gap / residue will be covered anyway.

60 sheets isn't bad for this 31, if you dont want it i’ll take it.

Pubs may be closed where you are :-)  And yes, I may need a regular headlight on the front depending what prototype i pursue, but it is these lights or cameras i am wondering about:

image.png.ec42d604bac050b766dddf211e54d4e2.png

Guest Half-full

If you are doing a repaint surely it doesn't matter if they are pressed in, glued in or moulded as you'll be preparing the shell for painting?

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, 47406 said:

Pubs may be closed where you are :-)  And yes, I may need a regular headlight on the front depending what prototype i pursue, but it is these lights or cameras i am wondering about:

image.png.ec42d604bac050b766dddf211e54d4e2.png

Just looked at mine and they are attached through small holes. On the prototype they are infrared lights (the camera is on the plated over door).

Roy

10 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Just looked at mine and they are attached through small holes. On the prototype they are infrared lights (the camera is on the plated over door).

Roy

Thank you Roy, appreciate that :-)

I was looking to get a sense of how 'heavy-duty' their means of attachment is, so that is exactly the info i was looking for !