LNWR "North Light" Shed

Can anyone help - there were plans for one of these in a Railway Modeller - perhaps in the last decade ?

Might anyone know which issue or better still have a copy they could scan. 

I have the Jack nelson book but these plans (I think for a 7mm model) had more detail of the back of the shed and the office building etc.

Many thanks

Jon M

It was about 1968. I was looking at it the other day when looking for something else.

I'll post the issue date when I find it. Unfortunately no scans from me I'm afraid as I don't have the technology.

March 1968.

http://magazineexchange.co.uk/cw/railway-modeller-magazine-march-1968-issue.html

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Wasn't the shed at Oxenholme built to that style?  I can remember that it was in the RM in the last few years, but not whether it was as built (Northlight) or as rebuilt.

Regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Premium

I forgot the "last decade" mention too. The 1968 article is called "Building an LNWR locomotive shed". The drawings are across a double page and as far as I can see from the text represent the prototype cut down as his model rather than the original. The drawings are at 2 mm/ft.

So not what you are looking for, though it is a toplight shed.

Jonathan

The LNWR Society had an article, over 3 issues of it's Journal.
Vol. 1, No.11, Vol. 2, Nos 6 and 9.  These cover the Journal's period June 1996 to June 1999.
I should have all three, BUT Vol. 2, No. 6 seems to have gone walk-about.  

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi again,

Just a though, that I should have put in my initial response, but drop a question by email to Peco's 'Technical Advice Bureau'.  I did this a couple of months ago in reference to an article I had read a few years ago but couldn't remember which edition; within a couple of days they replied with a note of the magazine I was looking for.  The were also able to supply it.

The email address is on their website.

Hope that's a more useful answer.

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys - useful suggestions. its really just the office end and the ancillary bits and bobs I am looking for since the bulk of the shed can be done from the jack nelson book. I have tried Peco but they do not seem to be at work - will try again. I have the LNWR Society Journals - hugely useful - but no plans. Peco may be the best bet. thanks all again and keep safe and well.

Jon

• Like 1