Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

More model ideas

Just mentioned in the "ZDV" thread the suggestion that Accurascale could resurrect the stillborne Hattons YOB 12t crane project. These would go hand in hand with the class 31s in their latter years as ballast ands engineers locos. 

• Agree 3

32 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

... Oh, and a control chip in each coach; it would look daft if every door on one side of the train opened in unison. ...

Especially if your platform wasn't long enough - you'd have to build in an SDO feature !

( might have to have a word with the Pentagon to get sufficiently precise GPS )

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Especially if your platform wasn't long enough - you'd have to build in an SDO feature !

( might have to have a word with the Pentagon to get sufficiently precise GPS )

...all integrated with the level crossing and sounds of road users' cursing!

Newhaven crossing blocker 16 3 2023.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Covkid said:

Just mentioned in the "ZDV" thread the suggestion that Accurascale could resurrect the stillborne Hattons YOB 12t crane project. These would go hand in hand with the class 31s in their latter years as ballast ands engineers locos. 

Good call. I'd pre-ordered a couple, be good to see that project come to fruition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteamingWales said:

Well the Facebook post regarding the announcement finishes with this... Better get the kettle on for this one... 😉 So inferring a steam loco?

... or a Great Western Tevan ............................ or, on that theme, something more in the way of a milk carrying vehicle to run with the Siphon G ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

... or a Great Western Tevan ............................ or, on that theme, something more in the way of a milk carrying vehicle to run with the Siphon G ?

Not sure a locomotive was ever powered by milk 🤭

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Well, a steam train was powered by steam ..... so a milk train ............ ??!? 🙄

A passenger train, could think of a few I wouldn’t mind using, not sure they would be any use thou 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Isn't that bus supposed to be ON the bridge ?

Only the 12X limited stop bus goes over the bridge and it went past a couple of minutes earlier - sorry I couldn't arrange things better.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Covkid said:

Very good idea . I’m on the “ make you mark models “ waiting list if he makes more cranes, but RTR would be good.

As for steam, I firmly believe Percy could do with retooling 

I'm gonna keep guessing Gresley A4 on every announcement until Accurascale make one 😄 There's so many areas than can be improved upon over the Hornby model.

As this announcement does look to be kettle territory I'm going to stick my oar in with an 8F, WC / BB / MN or Black 5. The first four are sorely overdue new models and I reckon Accurascale would beat the red box Black 5 to our layouts if it's far enough along. 

Cheers,

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 15/03/2023 at 15:42, PieGuyRob said:

I think I missed off the TRFB.

If a manufacturer was going to do a complete mk3 tooling suite then there are a lot more carriages to take into account.

TF 

TS

TGS

TGF

FO

SO

BUO

SLE

SLEP

All with and without CDL

The prototype mk3's.

Royal Train mk3's 

NMT

The various Irish varients.

The International demonstrator train.

Night-star genny vans.

RTC mk3's.

Chiltern sliding plug doors.

Scotrail, GWR, and Cross Country sliding doors.

5 WES.

All of which would need separate toolings to be done properly.

As a footnote, I have mentioned CDL variants, as no doubt, an orange transfer would not cut it in this day and age. DCC modellers would probably prefer a light that lights up on the appropriate side in a station.

The mk3, is not a simple undertaking to be done properly. My hat goes off to someone who will do it properly. And, yes I will buy them.

Also, if I have missed of any mk3 variants, then please correct me. :)

If we cant get a simple 3-4 car EMU theres no chance that lot.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 16/03/2023 at 07:52, toby_tl10 said:

I made a case for the HST on page 75 (man, that was July last year). To summarise myself, my idea is that Accurascale could win the game by not producing dummy cars.

Hornby motorised + dummy pack is ~£327 at retailers. I reckon Accurascale motorised + motorised could do £380 (considering the Class 50 is £190), or even better. And I think some celebrity liveries (e.g. the Flying Tomato, EMR Purple) should be sold separately, so that people have a choice of what to pair them with.

To modellers counting the Mk3 coach types, have you counted the Flying Banana?

Ive a lot of HST power cars, and at £380 a pair I wont be replacing them.

I think Hornby exploited this one pretty well. As side of a prototype pair, and an EMR pair my journeys nearly done.

I do think the Hornby tooling is looking a bit rough on the edges though, the MP especially looks like its showing its age, despite the upgrades.

Maybe give a few years then re-do it, but at least for me I wont be going armfuls in the short term.

59 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Ive a lot of HST power cars, and at £380 a pair I wont be replacing them.

I think Hornby exploited this one pretty well. As side of a prototype pair, and an EMR pair my journeys nearly done.

I do think the Hornby tooling is looking a bit rough on the edges though, the MP especially looks like its showing its age, despite the upgrades.

Maybe give a few years then re-do it, but at least for me I wont be going armfuls in the short term.

I'm in the same boat. I have 14 PC's from the current tooling and I'm only really looking at an East Midlands HST before I'm 'done' with my fleet.

What would convince me to buy an Accurascale (or RevolutioN) HST would be if the NMT was modelled properly and in full, as bar a Cross Country set, that is the only gap in my fleet.

Cheers

• Like 1