Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

More model ideas

On 04/04/2023 at 17:16, BVMR21 said:

Aren't we due a coaching stock announcement soon then for one of the pre-1948 companies currently being produced by Accurascale?

Just thinking it would be good to see some more Teak stock from the GER or some different GWR stock to go with the Manors.

An upgraded version of the GWR coaches branded Bachmann but possibly from Replica originally. They would fit very well with the manors.

Edited by Covkid
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Covkid said:

An upgraded version of the GWR coaches branded Bachmann but possibly from Replica originally. They would fit very well with the manors.

And with the range expanded beyond the TO TK and BCK....Their origins actually go all the way back to Mainline, though I'm not sure if any so branded were actually released before Palitoy gave up on model trains.

A proper full range of Centenaries would also be nice, but possibly too many different in a rake to be commercially attractive.

I already have plenty of Hornby Collett and Hawksworth coaches waiting to keep my Manor busy.

John 

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 05/04/2023 at 19:23, BVMR21 said:

Just been looking at photos of 1219 at Beamish, certainly looks good with the Chaldrons, maybe something we could see from Accurascale?

If there's a teeny tiny engine to go with the chaldrons, it has to be this one.

17 hours ago, Covkid said:

16 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

And with the range expanded beyond the TO and BCK....Their origins actually go all the way back to Mainline, though I'm not sure if any so branded were actually released before Palitoy gave up on model trains.

A proper full range of Centenaries would also be nice, but possibly too many different in a rake to be commercially attractive.

I already have plenty of Hornby Collett and Hawksworth coaches waiting to keep my Manor busy.

John 

6 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

I would certainly be quite happy to buy Colletts in a si,ilar vain to the previous Bachmann/Replica models, obviously just as more accurate models.

I wasn't sure of the designer or vehicle types but I have one of each in maroon.  They really need the Lazerglaze treatment to look special, so I look at them, then put them back in the box hoping that a manufacturer might see their chance in the marketplace.  Hitherto it was Bachmann or Hornby, but these days Accurascale Rapido or Dapol could easily come up with the goods   

5 minutes ago, Covkid said:

I wasn't sure of the designer or vehicle types but I have one of each in maroon.  They really need the Lazerglaze treatment to look special, so I look at them, then put them back in the box hoping that a manufacturer might see their chance in the marketplace.  Hitherto it was Bachmann or Hornby, but these days Accurascale Rapido or Dapol could easily come up with the goods   

Definitely, I've got 3 in Crimson and Cream as they were dirt cheap at £25 each but would happily purchase an Accurascale model of them in GWR Colours to go with. Though I do want a manufacturer to do coaches that have a similar livery to that used on the Hattons GWR Genesis coaches in terms of the milky chocolate colour which looks so good.

7 minutes ago, Northmoor MPD said:

Did Accurascale buy all of the Hattons tools?

Id love another Barclay if they did! 😁

I don't know Adrian. I was fishing.   Not too bothered about Barclays, or anything steam really.

How about some Irish CIE Craven coaches, especially covering the 1970s - 1980s, please?

The 2nd-hand MM models which come up on a certain retailler seem to go for eye-watering prices, a few quid short of a £100! A few years ago I got a few from the same retailler for £32, but £95 is..... well, way outside my budget.

An Accurrascale model would be most welcome (but not at £95 😁 )

Edited by Damo666

Would be interesting if Accurascale did some early GWR Clerestory coaches maybe?

Though there are many models that are yet to be done so maybe best to see if we end up with some different stock to that already having been produced.

• RMweb Gold

I may be working off incomplete intelligence, but there is a possibility that Hattons own the PHV hopper tooling outright, so I’m going to plant the suggestion here. They are extremely in demand!

EBB9D018-5B01-44CB-8216-23144C5868A5.jpeg.5dfe0fcceebeeaf055b4d227b8eaf810.jpeg

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, BVMR21 said:

If Accurascale have acquired a large portion of former Hattons Originals toolings, including the Barclay and a few other things then it would be good to see them return with improvements.

Have they ?

I don't think we will be privy to that information unless either company releases it. 

I imagine further runs of Andrew Barclay 0-4-0s would be quite saleable in all manner of liveries. Alongside that building Britain range there should also be some Andrew Barclay diesels too.    

Edited by Covkid

32 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Have they ?

I don't think we will be privy to that information unless either company releases it. 

I imagine further runs of Andrew Barclay 0-4-0s would be quite saleable in all manner of liveries. Alongside that building Britain range there should also be some Andrew Barclay diesels too.    

I don't think it's been confirmed, just rumours that go around I guess.

But would be good to see Andrew Barclays with dumb buffers for the Chaldrons, wouldn't require too much modification to the tooling either I don't think.

Diesel wise I still want to see the Ebbw Vale 0-8-0s in 00 gauge RTR but they're rather niche so don't expect it to happen.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BVMR21 said:

Tell you what would be good, a new tooled 5700/8750 class Pannier Tank, as they haven't had a new tooling in what, 40 years?

Aren’t all pannier tanks the same anyway, being GWR and all that….

….Runs away fast 😁

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Northmoor MPD said:

Aren’t all pannier tanks the same anyway, being GWR and all that….

….Runs away fast 😁

Wouldn’t call a 9400 or a 1500 the same as a 5700 but I get where you’re coming from. 

Just my belief that the 5700/8750/9700 classes could be done better than the current models available, and with over 800 locomotives it’s a large class which hasn’t really been done to 21st Century standards.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
On 12/04/2023 at 21:00, BVMR21 said:

Wouldn’t call a 9400 or a 1500 the same as a 5700 but I get where you’re coming from. 

Just my belief that the 5700/8750/9700 classes could be done better than the current models available, and with over 800 locomotives it’s a large class which hasn’t really been done to 21st Century standards.

Though, to be fair, my Bachmann ones have sprung centre axles so are arguably superior to the same maker's newer 64xx and 94xx models....

Neither can I really envisage a new one looking significantly better from a couple of feet away when running on a layout, however much improvement goes into it...

John

Edited by Dunsignalling