Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

More model ideas

• RMweb Premium
On 16/09/2023 at 20:03, Roy Langridge said:

Surprised at the lack of frothing over a forthcoming O gauge loco.

One of the 5 wishlists that are currently running is specifically for o gauge.

edit: 2 of the 6!

Edited by Hal Nail

If I remember rightly, this thread is for NEW ideas ..... class 40's been suggested ad nauseum over the last 162 pages and - unless already in an advanced stage of development - is unlikely to appear from Accurascale until the market has assessed one that's already been announced elsewhere.

Now, what hasn't been suggested before ? .................... SECR J class p'raps ? - lovely chunky tankie but probably not much of a market.

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

If I remember rightly, this thread is for NEW ideas ..... class 40's been suggested ad nauseum over the last 162 pages and - unless already in an advanced stage of development - is unlikely to appear from Accurascale until the market has assessed one that's already been announced elsewhere.

Now, what hasn't been suggested before ? .................... SECR J class p'raps ? - lovely chunky tankie but probably not much of a market.

Given that no Southern tank engine larger than a 0-4-4T or 0-6-2T (or Adams Radial) has yet been offered in r-t-r form, there's a definite gap to be filled, but something more "mainstream" is probably desirable.

None were built in large numbers, but I think the one with the widest appeal/utility might be the W Class 2-6-4T, even if my personal preference would be the H16....

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

Hopefully it will be a class 40, so then they have completed the big English Electrics.

I’m doing them meself, well sorting out someone else’s for at least the next 3…

image.png.ab3d605bb2590c34a79fb8df2a6f83e6.png

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

A website suggestion rather than model idea.

As you do a lot of retailer exclusives, I am finding it can be hard to keep track of them as you grow considerably larger and do more and more of them. Could the Accurascale website become the single source of truth by possibly simply linking to these on your website probably with a special retailer exclusive badge similar to how you market your own exclusives. I realise there may be cases where the link breaks but wouldn't have thought this would be too often or that difficult to keep track of but it has the potential to boost the sales of these and in turn your bottom line.

An indicative example below. It could even just link you to the main retailer site to able to search for it from there.

image.png.8a4b8f20fa022309ac3e30c5dc5315bb.png

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Wickham Green too said:

Goodness me it was a joke ! ................... sorry, couldn't find the tongue in cheek emoji - again !

Fair enough - exasperation withdrawn and replaced with a wry smile

• Thanks 1

How about something unique with the ability to complement existing models from other manufacturers?

This example has fascinated me for many years. Maid of Morven.

Granted it had a limited operational sphere in real life and as far as I’ve been able to ascertain minimal livery variations but with today’s technologies it could make for a stunning model.

(Photos from Flickr)

img173

img177

Such a shame that the real vehicle was such an early casualty of withdrawal.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Purnu said:

How about something unique with the ability to complement existing models from other manufacturers?

Granted it had a limited operational sphere in real life and as far as I’ve been able to ascertain minimal livery variations but with today’s technologies it could make for a stunning model.

(Photos from Flickr)

img173

img177

That's Gurt lush!!!

I don't want one.... yet 😄

• RMweb Premium
On 14/10/2023 at 06:16, Purnu said:

(Photos from Flickr)

img173

img177

That is rather exquisite and something I've never seen before. I think it's all the glass on the front end giving that ornate, art-deco look. I've often thought that about the Derby Lightweight DMUs; their cabs are unique in the genre with the large glass area, and I've often thought the single-car version done to modern standards would make a great model in both 4 and 7mm scale.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Solo said:

That is rather exquisite and something I've never seen before. I think it's all the glass on the front end giving that ornate, art-deco look. I've often thought that about the Derby Lightweight DMUs; their cabs are unique in the genre with the large glass area, and I've often thought the single-car version done to modern standards would make a great model in both 4 and 7mm scale.

Pedantic point. All the glass on "Maid of Morvern" is on the rear of the vehicle because it is designed to give the occupants an "observation".

I think I have mentioned KXAs before, however on Thursday two of them have gone to Doncaster from Carlisle (I presume across Tyne valley line and down ECML). Unsure if this has happened before but it potentially opens up geographical relevance to these beasts.

On 14/10/2023 at 06:16, Purnu said:

(Photos from Flickr)

img173

img177

Dont show this to Hosking at Crewe or they will building one!