RMweb

Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

http://www.6g.nwrail.org.uk/alanhaywardpage3.html

Peter.

Don't know if you have seen the 6G site but these shots including the inside of the shed show a pit . These pictures by Alan have been added recently. The shed was originaly a carrage shed but modified for loco & DMU use when the old steam shed closed , 1966 I think.

I did once occupy an office in the shed (cosy and out of the way), before the train crews vacated the amenity block.

Merfyn

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mark,

I have three blue class 47s, they all started out as Bachmanns 47035 which did have the riveted windscreen and class 57 underframe tanks. And yes they all wobbled.

The rivets were just filed off, the tanks were modified useing Pennine MCs thread on improving the Bachmann moulding. The wobble was fixed by glueing a bit of plasticard on the chassis each side of the bogie tower as it stops the bogie moving side to side, I only needed to do one end too, so was quite pleased with how it worked. I will take a pic for you as I probably haven't explained it that well. ;)

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Many thanks for that - I'll follow your lead on this, your 47s really are excellent.

All the best

Mark

Hi Ian,

Thanks, thats some useful info,and I had forgotten about the 2d53 website, it was in my favorites a while back but must have lost it at some point. I have also found my OPC book 'Diesels and electrics on shed' vol 1 Midland region. There are some useful pics showing pits and walkways plus lots of shed clutter. Hopefully I will get out to the garage this week and crack on with the shed area, though it's a bit hot out there today.:D

Hi Merf,

I hadn't seen that site before, there are some great pics, it's nice to see the men who worked on the railway too. If you have any pics of around the Llandudno junction feel free to post them on here.:D ;)

Many thanks Cheers Peter.

http://www.derbysulzers.com/25insideholyheadshed.jpg

All this talk of sheds got me thinking, and yes it did hurt a bit.:P I was sure I had seen a pic of a class 25 parked out the back of Holyhead shed, I was also sure there were a few other pics of the shed. Well I found the site and in the section where I had seen the class 25 outside the shed was this pic, and look one road has no pit. Yaaay.:D

The Derby Sulzer website has some great pics if you like 24s 25s and Peaks. Some great info aswell on workings etc.B)

Cheers Peter.

• 3 weeks later...

Only me,

Not much of an update, but more of a reminder to those coming down for a meeting this Saturday. 1.00 onwards chaps.;)

I have actually got the track down and wired up on the loco shed extension, better go and clean some track Llanbourne hasn't been run for a while.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete,

try this link on the old forum for LJ (ex carriage) shed

hth,

Thanks Dave,

Useful pics of the old carriage shed, the rest of the thread was a good read too, nice piccies.:D

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Dave,

Useful pics of the old carriage shed, the rest of the thread was a good read too, nice piccies.:D

Cheers Peter.

Cheers, maybe one day I will scan some more, I've got a lot of blue stuff B)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And ex-LNWR signalboxes suitable for a North Wales Coast terminal. :lol:

Go on Peter- you know you want to get that promised LNWR box up!

Indeed Nat, I've got pics of all the boxes and signals from 1977 to 1981 on the coast - and quite a few since.

• Like 1

Cheers, maybe one day I will scan some more, I've got a lot of blue stuff B)

You could always start a thread,;) 'North West in the 80s.' maybe.:D

Cheers Peter,

Oh, enjoy yourself at Ally Pally.

And ex-LNWR signalboxes suitable for a North Wales Coast terminal. :lol:

Go on Peter- you know you want to get that promised LNWR box up!

Yes the signalbox, I did say I would get that done this year.:D

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Richard, here are a few pics from today and yesterdays meeting.

Saturdays meeting went well, thanks to everyone who turned up.:D Llanbourne ran well only one point played up to start with but was easily fixed, 47418 was the only loco that played up but it was before anyone had arrived, I fixed it today just needed the pickups on one wheelset tweaked.

Here are a few pics, Dougs A2 ran very well and is seen leaving the station to get turned. 25904 was keeped busy as station piolet ( 08695 had flat batteries and wouldn't start) ;) 25904 is seen arriving on some ECS, 40012 (97407) spent the day sat on shed. 33010 & 33202 sit with 25059 and 40122 on the holding sidings. 33010 & 33202 worked in on a service from Crewe the reason for the double heading isn't known but makes a nice change. Last of all Met Cam 101 is seen heading off down the branch.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-68589600-1301221351_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-88043000-1301221415_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-39725100-1301221506_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-30520400-1301221506_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-81354000-1301221545_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-76736600-1301221578_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-89213900-1301221706_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Great pics bruv..look forward to seeing (and playing) ..next week ..was going to phone this weekenfd but had to work sat morn and today ( up yard with` Trigger` hedges) we did manage to watch the grand-prix , weather looking nice at the mo over there, we`ve had a fine spell but cooling down abit now..do you want /need any speedlink wagons as well as the coaches??...also which latest railway mags do you want , I`ll get some if you like ..cheers :D pic shows us in the sun this morning ..picking up a LWRT.

post-6833-0-16772600-1301249962_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

In deed thanks Peter. IT was a good afternoon. Seems that we all need to do more modelling once and a while.

The suggestion of adding alcohol to the event could have ment a few of us lodging for the night. :blink: The operations of the layout was very good!

(and yes it is my kettle!)

Nice pictures Peter.

Am always happy to see this layout with its abundance of BR Blue...I guess the kettle got frightened off by it all :P

Pete

Thanks Pete,

Don't worry the kettle has gone now, it did run well though. I will have to dig out my a blue class 37 for you, watch this space.;)

Cheers Peter.

Great pics bruv..look forward to seeing (and playing) ..next week ..was going to phone this weekenfd but had to work sat morn and today ( up yard with` Trigger` hedges) we did manage to watch the grand-prix , weather looking nice at the mo over there, we`ve had a fine spell but cooling down abit now..do you want /need any speedlink wagons as well as the coaches??...also which latest railway mags do you want , I`ll get some if you like ..cheers :D pic shows us in the sun this morning ..picking up a LWRT.

Hey you should be hear by this time next Monday, how is the packing going? if you have any worries just ask. I am ok for wagons but a mag would be good, the latest Railway Modeller has an article on Aberdeen Kirkhill T&RSMD. If I think of any others I will let you know.

Now the pic, what are you doing with a Toton shunter? and where up the yard is the pic taken? looks like it could be near the old PAD.

The grand-prix was on during the best part of the day as it had been cloudy all day though not cold. Today was nice, sunny all day and high 20s hotter tomorrow then a few showers later in the week.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

And a good time had here as well thank you kindly. Always a pleasure to be able to watch Llanbourne in action and admire such quality workmanship at close quarters.

• Like 1

I've only just returned to this thread and come across enquiries about Llandudno Junction carriage shed. I hope the following will assist....

150226 on driver training soon after arrival in shed on 2nd March 1987. They took over TransPennine services on 14th May. Pit detail in foreground.....

post-6680-0-49119300-1301308416_thumb.jpg

Stylish Class 151 in storage on 2 April 1990. Raised walkway detail.....

post-6680-0-68291700-1301308461_thumb.jpg

Bottom end of shed showing ballasted track. The two 40's 97406 (40 060) and 97407 (40 012) had worked welded rails to Gaerwen. 25th July 1985......

post-6680-0-30683200-1301308455_thumb.jpg

Also at the back end of shed, Plasser & Theurer Type RM 62-BR Machine No.15 built in 1966 DR7606. With runner wagon No. ZSV : B93694 and bo=xvan DE 265491. 19th July 1990. Carriage E4997 was involved in NWCE fatality....

post-6680-0-85212100-1301308451_thumb.jpg

Exterior of shed looking forward towards entrance.......

post-6680-0-48201300-1301308448_thumb.jpg

Back of Llandudno Junction shed showing Mess Room referred to by Merfyn Jones earlier......

post-6680-0-89507700-1301308430_thumb.jpg

GW green livery 47500 Great Western beside the fuelling point........

post-6680-0-83279300-1301308427_thumb.jpg

Somthing to add a little character to your shed....Internal User wagon built by BRC&W Co. in 1952 to Lot 2290. Livery all black with white lettering.............

post-6680-0-04366000-1301308425_thumb.jpg

A bit more character in the shape of yard lamps (one time gas). 25035 moving off shed.......

post-6680-0-77325700-1301308422_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Copyright Larry G.

• Like 3