Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Loving Peak 141, looks superb arriving on the Trans-Pennine service.

Your photos really make you feel like you are actually there! I always enjoy reading the text that accompanies the photos as it gives details of what the working is and takes you there…...

That is the sort of ballast train that I remember seeing back in my teens, quality modelling as usual. I think I am going to have to pay a visit to Llanbourne this summer to catch some 20 haulage!

Hi Alex,

Thanks mate glad you like the pics, I will have to see what I can do about some class 20 power for you.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Merfyn & Larry,

I am planning on doing a model of 40060 as a 97 and noticed that during its time as 97405 it was named 'Ancient Mariner' it was a sticker as opposed to being painted though. I did find some info on some other namers maybe you remember some of these. 40104 'Warrior' 40129 'Dracula' 40131 'Spartan' 40132 'Hurricane' 40134 'Andromeda' 40137 'Trojan' 40145 'Panther' 40164 'Lismore'.

Cheers Peter.

nice work Bruv...great selection of pictures, love the shunters cabin and shed, just like the real thing...is there a massive pile of used tea-bags outside the door...:lol:

Oh yes I remember the tea bags, they could come in handy when we ran out.:O :lol: A messy bunch, shunters.;)

Cheers Peter.

Earlier in the thread you seemed to be planing an extension is that still happening?

Hi Dave,

The extension is built , wired and is fully working. I just need to do the fun bit. Ballast and senics.;)

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-52761000-1296203917_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Very impressive - what size is the layout?

Here you go, the junction down the botton isn't there any more but other than that the trackplan is pretty good.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-83236300-1296215859_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Part 5.

10.00 and the some movement in the signal box means another train is due. Moments later one of the last class 40s in service arrives on the 7K11 loaded ballast form Penmaenmawr to Crewe. 40012 now with its departmental number 97407 rolls into the loop and runs round its train. The driver has a 20 minute wait until departure time so might have the chance to grab a quick cup of tea.;)

Cheers Peter.

That third pic looks superb. It's 80's all over, a Class 40 in the winter of its career, two tone blue Daf rig...and I'm listening to Ultravox as I'm typing this. Anyone for some Toffiffee...or a Cherry coke (edit)?;) :lol: Takes me back.

That third pic looks superb. It's 80's all over, a Class 40 in the winter of its career, two tone blue Daf rig...and I'm listening to Ultravox as I'm typing this. Anyone for some Toffiffee...or a Cherry coke (edit)?;) :lol: Takes me back.

Thanks Alex,

Thats what Llanbourne is all about, its my own 4mm 1980s world. I didn't get to se many class 40s, I only saw 40012 once or twice so this way I can see the old beast when I want along with all my other faves.:D

Cheers Peter.

Tis a bit warm in the garage today Pete? We havn't head how the side line of the O gauge is going.... :unsure: Your layout is looking very nice as usual.

Hi Doug,

I've not been out there today, it would be over 40 in there as it's 39.8 outside at this moment. Nothing doing with the O gauge at the mo to much to do with the 4mm stuff.:D

Cheers Peter.

Nice photos Peter.

"I told you, I'm not talking to you until you fix that b****y door"

Thanks Doug,

Vic the chargman (leaning on the rail) hasn't much hope of getting Dave to fix anything until he has finished his tea, and even then he would rather go and shunt wagons before touching the door.

Cheers Peter.

Only me,

Since running the layout the other week and doing the hour at Llanbourne thing I haven't done much. Today I finished my Blue grey TPO so here is a pic or two.

My old Hornby class 25059 gets a run out on the 3J04 ex Holyhead vans, seen here arriving at 07.35.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-32545100-1296981425_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-74355500-1296981468_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-19619700-1296981523_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter

Thank you very much for sending me the sheet of transfers. They will help me finish off some of my unfinished coach projects.

You are very kind.

I hope you are all well down on the Peninsula. We are on track for the baby in mid-late April. Have almost finished the baby's room. Had to chuck out a load of empty coach boxes - not enough room!

I've set aside a couple of Bachmann Super BG (Rail Express Systems red/grey with small Royal Mail decal) for you if you'd like them - they are too modern for my layout and are mint in box pretty much unused. I can drop them off some time in return for another look at Llanbourne...

Doug.

Hi Peter

Thank you very much for sending me the sheet of transfers. They will help me finish off some of my unfinished coach projects.

You are very kind.

I hope you are all well down on the Peninsula. We are on track for the baby in mid-late April. Have almost finished the baby's room. Had to chuck out a load of empty coach boxes - not enough room!

I've set aside a couple of Bachmann Super BG (Rail Express Systems red/grey with small Royal Mail decal) for you if you'd like them - they are too modern for my layout and are mint in box pretty much unused. I can drop them off some time in return for another look at Llanbourne...

Doug.

Hi Doug,

No worries, we are all ok down here, good luck for April.:D Thanks for the offer on the super BGs but they might be a bit too modern for me, maybe they could be backdated?

Do you think you could make in down this way before the baby? I have been thinking of doing a bit of a meeting late March, probably 26th.

Cheers Peter.

This is a superb layout, I really like the weathering on 40012 B)

Thanks Arpleymodeller,

I really haven't done anything on the layout in the last few weeks, I have lost nterest a bit but hopefully I will get a chance to do something this weekend.

meanwhile here is another pic, not sure if I have posted this before.

33010 sits on the fuel tank road.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-86338200-1298547776_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Peter, you are not alone, I have lost interest here too. to many other things going on at the moment. I'm sure it will pass. 33 looks good by the way, I tried to weather one of mine and failed miserably, I expect thats one of the reasons why I have lost interest as well.

Off to Leaford at the weekend so that will hopefully kick start my enthusiasm...

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

The plan was to get out there last night and tonight but last night we went down to watch the Queen Elizabeth cruise down the bay, she is one big ship. Its been quite warm here today and the Garage was bit oven like this evening so I didn't bother, maybe tomorrow.:D Enjoy playing trains at Kevs.;)

A couple of 'Queen Elizabeth'. and one from the archives, One of my fairly new Bachmann 47s sits on shed, hopefully this year I will start building the loco shed just need to extend the track.:D

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-03931000-1298714427_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-41479700-1298714486_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-46768800-1298714537_thumb.jpg

• Like 4