Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Jeff,

I will take the plunge at some point, I might have to come and annoy you one afternoon and have more of a play.:D thats if you have anything running at the moment of course, as I know you are doing a major rebuild.

Cheers Peter.

20023 & 20154 arrive on the SO 09.20 2D59 from Derby to Llanbourne.

I would also like to thank Andy and the team for running a great Forum and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Thanks to everyone who has posted on the thread, your ideas, feedback and help keep me motivated.:D

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-01421700-1293017819_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

20023 & 20154 arrive on the SO 09.20 2D59 from Derby to Llanbourne.

Ah! Now your talking!!!! :) Superb shot ... i can hear them whistling away from here!

Yes my pair will be heading down to Springburn for the Christmas break - some BR red tape has stopped the crew training move .... a lot of rubbish if you ask me, just because they've no numbers to identify them! Pah!!! So anyway I gather the works odd-job guy has been sent to B&Q for some stickers and they are to be attached over Christmas, before returning to Clifford Road before New Year hopefully for crew training to recommence!!!! ;)

I've not had any issues with buttons as yet on my system and know a couple of people who are Digitrax and they are ok too. The only downside I would say if you look at Digitrax (and it may not be an issue for you anyway) is don't bother with Transponding (where the system can identify which locos are where - with appropriate decoders) .... as it don't work, so numerous people have told me! Don't work is perhaps a little strong - dodgy is better!!!

I notice there's no Christmas decorations on Llanbourne .... is that that station porter whose a union guy laying the law down again, or British Health & Safety going on about ladders? lol! Well done anyway, have a great Christmas.

All the best

Rich

Merry Christmas Peter !

I have really enjoyed following Llanbourne in 2010, and look forward to future developments in 2011 ! :)

Regards

Graham.

Thanks Graham,

Hopefully I can keep you interested in 2011, I am planning to do more work on the layout and not do as much stock.:D

Cheers Peter.

I notice there's no Christmas decorations on Llanbourne .... is that that station porter whose a union guy laying the law down again, or British Health & Safety going on about ladders? lol! Well done anyway, have a great Christmas.

All the best

Rich

Hi Rich,

One of the shunters borrowed (stole) the ladder,:rolleyes: so they went down the pub.:lol:

Cheers Peter.

Wow, what a fantastic layout! Inspiration city for what I have planned. Really looks great, and I love the 'into the sunset' Class 20 picture, looks stunning. Really nice. Look forward to joining the Llanbourne ride for 2011 :)

Thanks Tangmere Tornado,

Glad you like Llanbourne, ask away if you have any questions for your planned layout.

Cheer Peter.

Merry Christmas Peter, love the 20s. I see that Bachmann’s 20090 is not too far away, will Llanbourne be getting one? I can see one ending up inside Boxenby!

Have a good one and I look forward to more superb shots from Llanbourne in 2011.

Hi Alex,

Llanbourne dosen't really need another class 20 as I still have a Railfreight headcode box and blue disc loco stashed away, though I may get a sound chipped one and do a body swap then sell one on.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Great photo of the 20's in the fading winter light. Hope you have a Happy Christmas, all the best for 2011 and I'll look forward to your updates in the new year.

All the best,

Mark

Hi Mark,

All the best to you, hope Santa bought you some nice toys.:D

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Peter,

Great photo of the 20's in the fading winter light. Hope you have a Happy Christmas, all the best for 2011 and I'll look forward to your updates in the new year.

All the best,

Mark

I can only echo this, superb shot.

I hope you got a signal box for Christmas :lol:

Happy New Year, all.

Finally finished 47515 last night, I was hoping to have 47561 finished as well but it's pretty close, it just needs to be put back together and have a bit of weathering. 47515 is more weathered than 47613 though this dosn't show up that well in the pics.

Here is 47515 'Night Mail' shunting a van at Llanbourne.

Hi Dave, No signal box from Santa, I am going to build my own. 2011 is going to be the year to do some buildings for Llanbourne.:O

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-81101400-1293762106_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-41011200-1293762167_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Finished the TPO coach today, removing some end steps and patch painting didn't take as long as I thought it might, so I will crack on with the blue grey one now. 47561 is back together and just needs a bit of weathering. I might clean my workbench first though.

Here is 47515 on the 3J03 about to depart for Crewe.

The pic of 47515 bogies shows a first for me, I added the white wheel slip marks, hard to spot but looks ok I think.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-22895500-1293956817_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-21058500-1293956868_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-46775300-1293956947_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-11508000-1293957025_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Peter,

Happy New year to you and family! I had come accross a photo on line whilst searching for a different 47 the other day of Night Mail and then next thing I see your cracking rendition of it looking spot on at Lanbourne. Really like the TPO coach as well. I have mine in out of the box condition on Victory Road at the moment and I will add some photos later in the week when I get another day off. A Blue 31 and a 108 are also in use for good measure! I plan to model a 4 coach TPO for a future layout I am planning based on the Cumbrian Coast although this will take a few years to come to reallity as have far too much to do to get Rannoch finished. The TPO I will model will be the Whitehaven to Huddersfield which use to call at Barrow. I have seen 31's and 47's on this and your train reminded me of this service!

Keep up the good work,

Thanks,

Mark

Finished the TPO coach today, removing some end steps and patch painting didn't take as long as I thought it might, so I will crack on with the blue grey one now. 47561 is back together and just needs a bit of weathering. I might clean my workbench first though.

Here is 47515 on the 3J03 about to depart for Crewe.

The pic of 47515 bogies shows a first for me, I added the white wheel slip marks, hard to spot but looks ok I think.

Cheers Peter.

Can you tell me PCM have you found a use for Vegemite as a weathering agent as its nigh on impossible to eat the ruddy stuff lol!Layout is looking better and better each time I come back to see updates on here its a shame its on the other side of the world!

Can you tell me PCM have you found a use for Vegemite as a weathering agent as its nigh on impossible to eat the ruddy stuff lol!Layout is looking better and better each time I come back to see updates on here its a shame its on the other side of the world!

Some of us are on the right side of the world! That Vegemite jar could contain just about anything, though!! Maybe Pete's secret gin supply?? :diablo_mini: :drink_mini:

Edit: Did I say gin? I meant paint thinners! Gotta keep Mrs PCM happy. ;) :lol:

• RMweb Premium
Vegemite ..... gin

Who knows what's in the shed? That's our secret and not to be shared with the unbelievers. B)

After all if we were to mention that we had "A pair of dodgy choppers but all three tractors are good to go" we might get some odd looks :lol: :O

Peter,

First class work, particularly impressed by the TPO

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I have a blue grey one to do now, I managed to slice my thumb last night while cutting the steps off.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Happy New year to you and family! I had come accross a photo on line whilst searching for a different 47 the other day of Night Mail and then next thing I see your cracking rendition of it looking spot on at Lanbourne. Really like the TPO coach as well. I have mine in out of the box condition on Victory Road at the moment and I will add some photos later in the week when I get another day off. A Blue 31 and a 108 are also in use for good measure! I plan to model a 4 coach TPO for a future layout I am planning based on the Cumbrian Coast although this will take a few years to come to reallity as have far too much to do to get Rannoch finished. The TPO I will model will be the Whitehaven to Huddersfield which use to call at Barrow. I have seen 31's and 47's on this and your train reminded me of this service!

Keep up the good work,

Thanks,

Mark

Happy New Year to you too, great to see Vic Road back on RMweb. A layout based on the Cumbrian Coast sounds good, I have seen pics of the TPO train, what are you planning to do? end to end or roundy roundy.

Cheers Peter.