Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter, hope all is well, very nice update, great looking large logo 47. Just noticed the disused siding in the bottom left complete with catch point, brilliant.

All the best

Leon

Hi Leon,

Thanks, all good here. I have another large logo 47 to do but it's a Vi trains one. I thought I would give one a try as all my other 47s are Bachmann. It's not a bad looking model just needs a bit of work.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Dave & Wummyock,

Thanks I am quite pleased with them, They are by 'Mininatur' I have a pack of violet ones as well, but I am not sure where to put them yet.

Cheers Peter.

Your layout continues to impress Peter. It is looking very nice.

J

Thanks John,

It's been a while since we have had an update on Balbeggie Sidings. :locomotive:

47561 waits to leave on the 1D48 to Holyhead, while no heat Peak 029 waits to leave on the 1E53 to York.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-74265100-1323571447_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Peter,

Thats a nice photo reminds me of simialar real images from some of the old copies of Rail I have from the 90's. I agree with Neil, the weeds and the slight curve really bring your platforms to life. I noticed the flask train in the background as well still need a nice 31 on that!

All the best,

Mark

great shot peter, never really looked at the platforms until now and they look superb, really nice details on them

Thanks Neil,

Apart from the curved ends the rest is recovered Hornby platform.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thats a nice photo reminds me of simialar real images from some of the old copies of Rail I have from the 90's. I agree with Neil, the weeds and the slight curve really bring your platforms to life. I noticed the flask train in the background as well still need a nice 31 on that!

All the best,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I still have a heap of Rail mags from the 80s and 90s, I still flick through them now and then if I am looking for some info or an old article.

31323 bought the flask in, it had shunted the train into the yard and was on the headshunt and out of shot when I took the pic. :wink_mini:

Cheers Peter.

Checking in after a while away. Looking as fab as ever, certainly gets the enthusiasm going.

thanks Claggy

Hi Claggy,

Nice to see you back, looking forwards to seeing some updates on your layout. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

A fine looking cat with some sharp reflexes.

Hi Matt,

He is about a year old now and is a real pain in the ### . He is knocking bits of the Christmas tree as I write this. It makes a change from him attacking the dog though.

Cheers Peter.

I went down to Llanbourne this morning as I heard there is a Christmas Shoppers Special running this week from Llanbourne to Manchester Vic with loco and stock. The 2Z08 leaves at 09.47 and returns as the 2Z59 at 18.25. Things didn't go well today as a DMU was turned out to work the train. To top it off the unit failed near Mostyn and a Pair of 20s were borrowed from a ballast train to work the train to Llanbourne. HELLFIRE. :locomotive: :locomotive:

Merry Christmas, Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-74195000-1324384022_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-15292600-1324384049_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Hello Peter,

How I've missed your thread with over 100,000 views is beyond me. BR blue is not my favourite, but I've just spent a very happy half-hour scanning through the posts. Some wonderful stuff here - I did a double take at the photo you posted in # 1306, so real did it appear!

I shall follow proceedings with intent from now on.

Jeff

Must have been one hell of a failure, the station lights are out and it's blown out all the oil lights in the signals.

Hi Woodenhead,

I agree some staton lights would be good, I would like to re build the signals at some point, and lights in them would be nice, bit beyond my skills at the moment. may be one day.

Cheers Peter.

Hello Peter,

How I've missed your thread with over 100,000 views is beyond me. BR blue is not my favourite, but I've just spent a very happy half-hour scanning through the posts. Some wonderful stuff here - I did a double take at the photo you posted in # 1306, so real did it appear!

I shall follow proceedings with intent from now on.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

Welcome aboard, it is hard to follow everything on the forum there are so many great layouts etc.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

I like the way the 108 is sat halfway down the platform in 1316 with a sense of space behind her.

Real less-is-more minimalism which reaps realism from mundane ingredients, beautifully realised.

Hi Chard,

The lack of station roof at that end was the real reason, but I like your thinking. :imsohappy:

Cheers Peter.