Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

If you are asking that due to you weighing up  whether to go on it, just be aware you need to have a liking for sheilas with novelty  eyebrows and lips like a Blue Groper.

Not even Bear is that sad.....

Besides, after just having a shufti at the 2024 cast every one of them looks high maintenance. 

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

22 minutes ago, polybear said:

Not even Bear is that sad.....

Besides, after just having a shufti at the 2024 cast every one of them looks high maintenance. 

Oh go on Bear there's nothing we wouldn't give, well apart from finger tips that is, to see you strutting your stuff down under. 

Ps just don't go trying to fit a silencer that's all.

• Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Oh go on Bear there's nothing we wouldn't give, well apart from finger tips that is, to see you strutting your stuff down under. 

Ps just don't go trying to fit a silencer that's all.

s'pose a head-to-head against Chimpy @monkeysarefun, @Grizz and Bunny @The White Rabbit could be a good wheeze.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 9

10 minutes ago, polybear said:

s'pose a head-to-head against Chimpy @monkeysarefun, @Grizz and Bunny @The White Rabbit could be a good wheeze.....

Just remember that not everything is the same down there as up here.

So the spiders can kill you. As can the snakes and the jellyfish. And thongs aren't, well I'll leave you figure that one out.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Isn't that statement a  double oxymoron.... 

On Holland America ships the food service guys are Indonesian but the drinks staff were Filipinos, mainly to avoid Muslims handling alcohol. It was interesting that if you complained about the food staff, some sort of liquid recompense was duly delivered by the drink's staff. 

Jamie

What about  getting bacon butties made?

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Bear, I guess a head to head with a few really big spiders would be out of the question?

Dave

Unfortunately I'm busy that day......

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Happy Hippo said:

On Olsen's MV Balmoral, an easy DIY job in the self-service cafe. I cannot imagine a breakfast choice that isn't offered. We hope Borealis next week has something comparable.

On Brittany Ferries, their self-service breakfast offer now includes a really super served FEB for under a tenner, much better value than the à la carte restaurant, actually, where the FEB is less generous and the service can be sniffy despite the price!

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

A recent TV series about life on a Type 23 covered this.  A young Muslim chef wondered about how he would go about handling pork; he consulted his Imam who showed an impressively practical attitude to such things, saying something like, "You've got those disposable latex gloves haven't you?  Wear those. Any other questions?".

• Like 16
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Just won £150 on Premium Bonds. Now, what can I spend that on?

Dave

Me!

I want a Heljan 7 mm scale Class B tanker with Esso Branding:  In fact wait until they arrive and automatically get discounted and you can get me a pair.

This would guarantee the Ferry Lane Branch would get built, so both Danemouth and br2975 would be very pleased with you.

(The line on which it would be based actually ran between the house I was born in and the gasworks mentioned by Brian earlier.)

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Dave

A house on Regent St?

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

Dave

Cake.....

Let's see now......  44.7761 Co-op LDC's sounds pretty good....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for all the suggestions about spending my windfall guys. I have, however, decided that it will be spent on various bits for my layout, basically to avoid creating ill-feeling among those left out should I choose one of your suggestions ( although I can confirm that Oldddudders’ idea didn’t even get onto the starting blocks).

Dave

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

4 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Isn't that statement a  double oxymoron....

After due consideration, I would argue not. It's certainly possible to be discerning while having poor taste. And while I have met very few hippos, I am forced to conclude that there must be some who exhibit both poor taste and a lack of discernment, particularly in matters unrelated to muddy hollows.

The alternative view, which your argument seems to embrace, is that HH is an entirely average, nondescript specimen of his species. I am sure that was not your intention.

Any suggestion that I am typing this drivel as displacement instead of mowing the lawn, as "requested" by the management, would be entirely accurate. I think you for the distraction 🙂

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Dave

Do you have to ask? But whatever you do DON'T put that question to SWMBO.

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

I have, however, decided that it will be spent on various bits for my layout

Yes - follow your dreams!

Failing that, half a tank of petrol....

• Like 7
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

On pork it was a regular thing when we were based in Ashdod (Israel) that local contractors, agents etc would ask for bacon butties when coming onboard.

Pork is easy to find in Indonesia and Malaysia as it's a staple of the Chinese community in those countries. The Muslim majority either avoids it or indulges themselves (as with the western world and religion many people are nominally Muslim but basically non-observing).

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 10

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Yes - follow your dreams!

Failing that, half a tank of petrol....

My car had a bit of a present yesterday. It got topped up with the E5 super duper Shell instead of the normal E10. Qualified for £5 off so not too bad a mistake. At least the pump nozzles don’t  allow diesel to be put in! 
It was really quiet out today. Huge car park outside M&S Food was quite empty. Screwfix car park was too, and it only took a minute to collect my DiY bits and pieces that I had ordered online.  No queue in the pharmacy either. 
Perhaps everyone had gone away for the weekend. 
Tony

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Thank you for all the suggestions about spending my windfall guys. I have, however, decided that it will be spent on various bits for my layout, basically to avoid creating ill-feeling among those left out should I choose one of your suggestions ( although I can confirm that Oldddudders’ idea didn’t even get onto the starting blocks).

I am deeply, but deeply, disappointed.

• Like 3
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

I must admit I am not a fan of the turkey 'bacon' found in some Muslim countries. I find chicken frankfurters OK but efforts to make substitute bacon all seem awful. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 5