The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, big jim said:

Another lockdown kitten at the rescue, got during lockdown, owner bored and locked him out of the house hoping someone else would take him in and look after him which didn’t happen, someone did take him in though and contacted the rescue

What a lovely cat, and how distressing that there are so many ignorant, uncaring and selfish people about!

• Agree 13

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, big jim said:

Another lockdown kitten at the rescue, got during lockdown, owner bored and locked him out of the house hoping someone else would take him in and look after him which didn’t happen, someone did take him in though and contacted the rescue 

001(146).JPG

001(145).JPG

001(34).jpg

got to be neutered then he will be ready to find his forever home 

What a handsome little chap.  I'm sure he will grow into those ears!

I never understand why people abandon animals.  What does it take to phone the appropriate places and say "I can't cope, can you take him/her".  Better that than lock the poor domesticating thing outside to fend for itself...

Dissapointed  of Aberdeenshire.

BEst

Scott.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

1 hour ago, big jim said:

001(146).JPG

001(145).JPG

001(34).jpg

got to be neutered then he will be ready to find his forever home 

Smashing looking little fella, I'm thankful he's been picked up before anything worse could have happened. Some people eh?

Hoping he finds happiness with more deserving human beings soon.

Appreciate you and your colleagues work too Jim, is it Cats Protection League?

C6T. 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Classsix T said:

Smashing looking little fella, I'm thankful he's been picked up before anything worse could have happened. Some people eh?

Hoping he finds happiness with more deserving human beings soon.

Appreciate you and your colleagues work too Jim, is it Cats Protection League?

C6T. 

no it’s a small local charity called willows way 

my wife gets so annoyed when pick up cats from people who turn on the waterworks and say “it’s breaking my heart.....” then they never so much as ask for an update on their progress or indeed hear anything from them again 

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Nick C said:

I'm assuming it's this one: https://www.willowsway.org.uk/

yes thats the website, thanks for putting up the link, been a bit busy today to manage it myself

if you dont want to donate via the paypal link on the website you can do it by BACS, contact me for details as some have already done, thank you those who have 

And we are supposed to be a nation of animal lovers . What a load of crap. Bored ,what's the matter had the mobile phone battery gone flat. How anyone could look at that appealing face and lock the cat out is beyond me.

Edited by cb900f
forgot apostrophe
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Cats really are creatures of habit...

Most evenings recently, around 9pm, I've been spending an hour or so sitting on the sofa catching up with RMWeb or watching YouTube, with Bonnie on my lap and Clyde on his favourite cushion on the back of the sofa.

Last night I thought I'd do some modelling instead - and got told off in no uncertain terms! Lots of nuzzling, meows and stares that quite clearly said "Come on human, it's time for you to sit on the sofa for our cuddle"

• Like 9
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

A quick note to say thanks for all the supportive comments about Ollie and I am pleased to report she is back to normal now, limp free and active again.

It shows what fine bunch of cat people we have on here.

steve

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 5
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
Just now, steve1 said:

A quick note to say thanks for all the supportive comments about Ollie and I am pleased to report she is back to normal now, limp free and active again.

It shows what fine bunch of cat people we have on here.

steve

That is excellent news.  Really chuffed for you both!  What was the issue in the end?

Best

Scott.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Scott.

To be honest, I don't know. She spent days licking the relevant paw, so maybe it had been twisted or something. No blood visible. It must have cheered her up again when it stopped hurting.

That said, we are coming to the conclusion she is probably older than we originally thought. It's difficult to age an adult rescued stray. The vet said 2-3 years when we took her in 8 years ago, but who knows?

steve

• Friendly/supportive 7

On 10/01/2021 at 11:15, Dagworth said:

We had a stray like that, lived for about two years in and out of our summerhouse. We borrowed a trap from Cats Protection and (after catching a neighbours cat twice) caught him and brought him indoors. He was utterly untouchable but settled down and slept. The next day we took him to CP's vet to be neutered and they recommended releasing him again as they couldn't rehome him, He came back home and settled on the spare bed purring!! He never left and spent his last three happy years with us as a big soppy lapcat!

Andi 

Sounds like the saga of Tom. In the mid 90s a tabby Tom cat started appearing, regular as clockwork every three weeks or so. He let ihimself into the basement laundry and would wait patiently until our four cats had eaten and the would clean the bowls. They tolerated him bunking down in the corner where he would sleep for a couple of days before starting out on his rounds.

Then, one new years Eve, children in the bath ready to go to grandma's, he staggered in covered in blood and dirt and kicking what was left of his eye which dangled on its nerve. We rushed him down to the vet who snipped off the eye and booked him in for neutering and a little cosmetic surgery. We were post Christmas skint and put the £70 on the credit card. 

A week later my wife took him to have the stitches out and was pursuaded to buy a nice clean cardboard pet carrier to replace the well used sherry box. When she returned to the car the locks had frozen and she put the box down to sort the lock. Cat bursts out of the box and is last seen heading for the railway lines.

Edited by doilum
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
On 20/01/2021 at 18:31, big jim said:

Hopefully this little lady may have a new home by the end of the week, the new owner is waiting on a few bits arriving from pets at home so she can settle as soon as she gets there 

001(40).jpg

She looks just like my Wingnut, also a rescue:

Wingnut-0094.JPG.15e12cea4b47c252babebbe2e5157eaf.JPG

Edited by J. S. Bach
To add a photo
  • Like 17
  • Agree 2