RMweb

On Cats

didcot

My old tortie Gert use to find the top of the wheel on my old Morris Traveller an ideal place to keep cool out of the way of the others!

Meanwhile some nineteen years later Sooty & Sweep have now ventured outside with the warmer weather to do their bird watching..................unfortunately they know there is a robin about. 

Hopefully he is quicker than they are!

Gert on JWL274F.jpg

Sooty & Sweep on fence patrol 16-3-22.JPG

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Dagworth said:

I think this one may be broken 

21B1DED3-12A5-4A88-9576-1D62047054E9.jpeg.b613b1b6806c53714684cb9af7230857.jpeg

Tickle his/her tummy and you will soon find out that there is nothing broken except for the skin on your hand! 

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Tickle his/her tummy and you will soon find out that there is nothing broken except for the skin on your hand! 

He ended up in that position after a tummy tickle, he loves it. As I took the photo he yawned! 

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, eastglosmog said:

As a 9 month old kitten, Tilly played in the snow all day.  Yesterday, when the snow came she was out and in in under 5 minutes. 

Humans follow a similar pattern of behaviour!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alastairq said:

vKPNwwp.jpg

My living room, my home!

I don't have a cat!

Me neither! 

All four of them (and the two dogs) belong to herself.

Her sister doesn't have any cats either, all the cat food on her weekly tesco delivery notwithstanding  ... they belong to the next door neighbours !

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, eastglosmog said:

As a 9 month old kitten, Tilly played in the snow all day.  Yesterday, when the snow came she was out and in in under 5 minutes.  I think she is beginning to show her age!

Tyger's first snow:

1777097714_Tygersfirstsnow23jan16.JPG.2218898871cbb57ceb8f2a63f6d8b3a6.JPG

He was about eight at this time and, as a south Florida boy, had never seen snow before.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 6

19 hours ago, grahame said:

Marley is becoming a window sill cat. He gets up there in the afternoon when the sun has moved around to that side of the house and the corner spot behind the curtain becomes a heat trap:

DSC02877red2.jpg.6f1a54f082e91f53ac948d5d7196478c.jpg

He's an elderly rescue cat who I got from the RSPCA and I've had him for about 15th months now.

Window sills were invented for the specific purpose of being resting places for cats.

steve

• Agree 7
  • Funny 1

Is it just me or have vets become money making places for their owners? We had to change vets this year as ours had shut down so I took Snowy along to the new vet. She's a healthy fifteen year old, outdoor and indoor cat via constantly open cat flaps and happily plays with us, sleeps a lot like all cats and wakes us up at 0530 for feeding. According to the vet, though, she has a heart murmur (though he said it could be just the stress of the vet visit (i.e. you need to check it out)) and her teeth were ok but needed some plaque removing (they look white to me and better than mine!). I just got the impression he was "looking for business"...

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I guess the acid test would be to see what they're prescribing and at what cost.  One of my rescue's came with a heart problem and is on daily clopidogrel tablet £15.39 for 28 days.  Plus the cost of 6 monthly checkups (£30?) as they won't do repeat prescription for more than 6 months.