RMweb

On Cats

didcot

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Or, showing his opinion of it. 😉

Hmm, what would he prefer? The closest I can think of to his colouring is chocolate and cream but it doesn't fit all that well :)

2 hours ago, Johann Marsbar said:

"Onslaught" the GCR Loughborough Station official feline being a bit of a poser at yesterdays Diesel Gala......

DSCF9604.JPG.a92e829ee86c71f29cab2a51c33949e5.JPG

How it got a name from a loco (D832) that isn't resident there is not known.....

Perhaps someone witnessed an attack on some poor innocent rodent?

33 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

Yesterday after 3 years eating not much else, Tilly decided she didn't want Fish anymore.  Fortunately I had some Chicken and liver on hand...............

They usually wait until you have bought a large supply of what seems to be their favourite food and then they refuse to touch it.

steve

• Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, steve1 said:

They usually wait until you have bought a large supply of what seems to be their favourite food and then they refuse to touch it.

steve

Yes, I'm sweating a bit having just shelled out £75 for a large sack of Kato's vet recommended diet.  If he so much as hesitates...😇

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

My last three cats have been fed nothing but Purina Indoor Cat Chow, the first of the three was a kitten (a curbside adoption of about ten or so weeks old) who, for the first year, got Purina Kitten Chow then the switch to the Indoor stuff.

First cat (Tyger) as a kitten, I had just brought him home, the dark on the muzzle was just dirt:

Tyger-0001mynewkitten.jpg.8577c17f6a2e89c54203086551675078.jpg

Second cat (Wingnut) was a shelter adoption and I still miss her:

Wingnut-0094.JPG.59e9bf3f52c75bf2456b70ff0e35821e.JPG

Current cat (Raindrop):

Raindrop-0112.jpg.5d5919174853dd8fc11c21cc9dd49f20.jpg

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, steve1 said:

steve

So this afternoon Tilly has decided she likes fish again and not chicken (fortunately, I only had a few tins of chicken left over from a variety pack).  There are days when I think wistfully of my old ginger cat Misty, who, having known what it was like to be starving, would never leave food uneaten.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

11 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

So this afternoon Tilly has decided she likes fish again and not chicken (fortunately, I only had a few tins of chicken left over from a variety pack).  There are days when I think wistfully of my old ginger cat Misty, who, having known what it was like to be starving, would never leave food uneaten.

That sounds like Daisybelle (our Croatian sheepdog).

It means we can't feed the cats on the floor, they have to be fed on a windowsill or Daisy would scoff the  lot.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Marco will eat whatever we put down for him, usually. If we put out a plateful because w'll be out all day, it probably doesn't last past coffee break.

Fortunately, he likes the kibble and we can give it to him as a treat.

If he eats too much too fast he will regurgitate it.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

14 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

It means we can't feed the cats on the floor, they have to be fed on a windowsill or Daisy would scoff the  lot.

I could never feed Honey and Misty together, I had to give Honey her food upstairs, or Misty would eat it all before Honey managed to eat more than one mouthful.  Misty even made a good go of the special kidney food he was condemned to in his last year of life.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, eastglosmog said:

I could never feed Honey and Misty together, I had to give Honey her food upstairs, or Misty would eat it all before Honey managed to eat more than one mouthful.  Misty even made a good go of the special kidney food he was condemned to in his last year of life.

When Clydie had to go onto the special kidney food,we invested in a couple of microchip-controlled bowls - they make things so much easier!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

7 hours ago, Nick C said:

When Clydie had to go onto the special kidney food,we invested in a couple of microchip-controlled bowls - they make things so much easier!

Don't think there were any of those around when Misty was alive.  Even if I could have got one for Honey I am sure Misty would have found a way to circumvent the mechanism somehow!

Back in those days, the Blue Cross did not routinely microchip cats before giving them away.  Misty (and Honey) only got microchipped after he was found after being lost for 9 weeks.  Totally pointless, as he never went very far away again, the tether to his dinner bowl was very short!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

On 06/09/2023 at 17:25, Michael Hodgson said:

Our Romanian rescue, a carpathian sheep dog, also eats the cats food so the bowls end up in the bath where she can't reach.

Marble the cat eats the dogs biscuits. 

Edited by didcot
  • Friendly/supportive 2