Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

On Cats

didcot

43 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Ours is a robotic one but he's got used to ours these days - can't get him to sit on it though.

We got one of those.  It was highly entertaining until the cats and dogs got used to it, but it was utterly useless as a vacuum cleaner.  It couldn't really cope with meeting rugs either.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

We got one of those.  It was highly entertaining until the cats and dogs got used to it, but it was utterly useless as a vacuum cleaner.  It couldn't really cope with meeting rugs either.

Ours works Ok most of the time (does not like undone shoe laces so the shoes have to be moved off the floor) but every so often the floor does require Henry to go over it. Not had the opportunity to see how the cat reacts to Henry but the cat isn't scared off by the lawnmover.

10 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

Ours works Ok most of the time (does not like undone shoe laces so the shoes have to be moved off the floor) but every so often the floor does require Henry to go over it. Not had the opportunity to see how the cat reacts to Henry but the cat isn't scared off by the lawnmover.

A robotic lawnmower might be a better bet than the iRobot vacuum, we've got that much cat and dog hair!

• Funny 2

4 hours ago, roundhouse said:

Next doors cat on our sofa. We have to keep the door into the garden closed otherwise he will do this and some mornings he's bolted in through the door as I open it to head to the shed. Last time he went straight upstairs and jumped onto my other half who was asleep in bed.

He soon moved off the sofa whrn my other half got the ironing board out.

IMG-20231011-WA0000.jpg

One of mine spends most of his time with my next door neighbour. He comes in for food first thing, then back out to their doorstep to be let in there. My neighbour's daughter is autistic and they seem to have a certain affinity with each other. It's handy, as they will give him his morning food and meds while I am away. My other will go in there, but not often, unless I am away.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, roundhouse said:

He soon moved off the sofa whrn my other half got the ironing board out.

IMG-20231011-WA0000.jpg

One of my cats used to see my mum get the ironing board out and as soon as she turned her back the cat was on the ironing board stretching out.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Chris116 said:

One of my cats used to see my mum get the ironing board out and as soon as she turned her back the cat was on the ironing board stretching out.

Foolish cat. Any sensible cat knows the time to stretch out on the ironing board is immediately after the ironing has been done, while the board is still warm. Or even between items being ironed, on the "locus of attention" principle.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Foolish cat. Any sensible cat knows the time to stretch out on the ironing board is immediately after the ironing has been done, while the board is still warm. Or even between items being ironed, on the "locus of attention" principle.

We use a steam press rather than a con=vention iron and inroing board - a hot hinged plate that comes down onto whatever might be sitting on the lower plate.

I haven't heard any feline squeals of pain yet but I suppose it might an idea to watch what we're pressing!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Perry, less than a year old,

Keeps you fit though! What a simply lovely cat Ian. Our Reg and Ron are a bit older and very black but also handsome.

Kind regards,

Richard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Perry, less than a year old, had scrambled up onto la terrasse roof, but had no idea how to get down. I had to walk the 30' to the other end, encouraging him, and he knows from there he can get onto the other roof and down. 

RM301788.jpeg.d7d166e44f6ad8d17bedfdd806d77d74.jpeg

Guinness did exactly the same. The garage is set into the.rising garden so that the roof at the far end is almost at shoulder height. How she got onto the roof will always be a mystery.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, doilum said:

Guinness did exactly the same. The garage is set into the.rising garden so that the roof at the far end is almost at shoulder height. How she got onto the roof will always be a mystery.

Cats can teleport, proven by the cat that was asleep upstairs being in the kitchen asking for food when you get downstairs despite never having gone past you as you walked down the stairs. 

Andi

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

Cats can teleport, proven by the cat that was asleep upstairs being in the kitchen asking for food when you get downstairs despite never having gone past you as you walked down the stairs. 

Andi

Unless you're carrying something while you walk down the stairs - in which case that cat suddently becomes multiple cats, all competing to be under your feet...

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
On 15/10/2023 at 18:52, slow8dirty said:

And then out of the blue, with us saying never again, the moons align and this little vandal crashes into our lives.

Say hi to the folks on RMweb Dexter.

dexter.jpg.a2c1a65402c56eb7312750f10d4d88ca.jpg

I hope you don't mind but I just had to put him the right way up . 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 4

7 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

I hope you don't mind but I just had to put him the right way up . 

He's a cat.  He can do that all by himself.  No matter which way up it is when you throw it, ot will always land on its feet!

PS ... and he's beautiful

Edited by Michael Hodgson
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1