RMweb

Proceedings of the Castle Aching Parish Council, 1905

26 minutes ago, ian said:

Get a supply of strong drink and a comfy chair.

Picture this...

Both Sunak and Boris get the necessary 100 MPs backing them. The MPs vote for Sunak and the party vote for Boris. This time next week he's back in Number 10.

The standards committee find that he misled Parliament and he has to stand down before Christmas leading to another leadership contest.

Sunak gets the necessary number of backers and the 'anyone but Sunak' camp unite behind Mordaunt. The MPs vote for Sunak but the party choose Mordaunt,

Then it is Truss 2.0 before Easter...

Then can we have a general election, please?

Get things sorted out before the Coronation....

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Do you really think another General Election will be allowed by the "Swivel-Eyed Loons" after they have re-installed Boris?

My bad dream is that the legislation requiring General Elections is repealed - while they still have the over-ridding majority. Then Parliament is progued on the slightest of reasons and Martial Law imposed while they don Brown shirts and arm bands, to start hounding down all opposition along with book burnings and the setting up of forced labour camps.

I hope I'm wrong.

Regards

CH

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

6 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Whose?

image.png.b8da2e8a976e501d751258bd78ece84f.png

Ho ho ho....

The best we could do for HIM would be a large bucket of whitewash!

IF I were a member of the Conservative party, I would be hoping for an option on the ballot "None of the above (  )"

Edited by Hroth
Another thort
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

The only problem with an upcoming election [and the undoubted winners] would be, for Prime Minister we'd get...............ummm....just a mo'......you know...thingy? The ex-QC [is he a KC now?  Or has he given up all that?}

Worse still, the SNP might become the largest single party in the Hoose?

Edited by alastairq

We are in the fortunate position to be looking forward to a by-election here in Chester after the indiscretions of Matheson our Labour MP.

I imagine we will be deluged with vote for me papers and government ministers knocking on doors   

Interesting times .... (Alisdair)

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Hroth said:

Oh don't be silly.

The only way we get a GE is:

1, The current parliament reaches the end of its term in a couple of years.

2. The majority of turkeys vote for Christmas. *Bearing in mind that a large proportion will probably not get to return and will thus miss out on their salaries and expenses up to the natural end of the term).

3. The geezer in Buck House gives them their marching orders.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, ian said:

1, The current parliament reaches the end of its term in a couple of years.

They need the two years so that as many as possible can get their six or seven weeks of being PM and £115,000 pa for life.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, alastairq said:

Worse still, the SNP might become the largest single party in the Hoose?

Then we would be up s**t creek without a canoe, never mind the paddle!

Jim

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Unfortunately for the prospects of an early general election, it increasingly looks as if only Mr Sunak will get the necessary 100 nominations; he already has rather more than this. I still think it's very probable that Sir Keir will be the prime minister after next but he may have to wait a bit longer, unfortunately. He must be among those hoping the a choice of Mr Sunak and Mr Johnson does go to the party members, as the ensuing chaos looks like the only realistic route to an early election.

I gather that there is some disquiet among party members over the online voting, as there are a good many of them who don't have internet access - as is not unusual among the elderly and more conservative (small c). Whilst it increasingly looks as if this will be a non-problem, with no ballot required, perhaps it will give them an insight into this aspect of social deprevation.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Caley Jim said:

Then we would be up s**t creek without a canoe, never mind the paddle!

Jim

Though I was thinking that, I'm glad YOU said it!  Nicky the Fish would probably explode with over-excitement.....

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, monkeysarefun said:

Got this is my YouTube playlist. Not sure what comedy show this is from but as a pisst@ke  of conservative  politicians it's pretty funny!

It isn't actually a comedy show but something from Led By Donkeys.  A bunch of blokes who became famous during Brexit for putting up large billboard posters pointing out the lies, broken promises and moral failings of people in the public eye.  They then moved on from billboards to massive video projections onto the white cliffs of the south coast and the side of the Palace of Westminster.

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

as a pisst@ke  of conservative  politicians it's pretty funny!

For the avoidance of doubt the content of the video is true and not made up as part of a comedy sketch.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

If the person I know who went to Eton was telling the truth - everyone who goes there is taught that they are superior to the rest of humanity and that, as an Etonian, they can exploit the rest of humanity for their own gain. Of course the man I met could have been lying.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, simonmcp said:

If the person I know who went to Eton was telling the truth - everyone who goes there is taught that they are superior to the rest of humanity and that, as an Etonian, they can exploit the rest of humanity for their own gain. Of course the man I met could have been lying.

An old Etonian lying!  Whatever next?!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

33 minutes ago, simonmcp said:

29 minutes ago, teaky said:

An old Etonian lying!  Whatever next?!

They're not lying.  They sincerely believe that its an alternative truth.

Why do you think so many take up abusive business practices, go into politics, whatever...

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, I just hope Jacob did give his poor nanny some paid leave in the end 😡

I know Monkeys would have spotted that no comedy scriptwriter would try to get away with such a shallow and one-dimensional character. It's as if R-M realised at age 12 he'd never achieve anything impressive, so he decided to chase money instead.

Perhaps his nanny fixation is a result of his parents never telling him they loved him. As Al Murray once pointed out, that wasn't likely to be because they were bottling it up.

• Like 2

On 22/10/2022 at 17:17, Hroth said:

Ho ho ho....

The best we could do for HIM would be a large bucket of whitewash!

IF I were a member of the Conservative party, I would be hoping for an option on the ballot "None of the above (  )"

Those who seek membership of a political party are often individuals with strong opinions, opinions which tend to be more prevalent than those that the majority of the population have, of the swivel eyed lunacy variety.

Membership of political parties is very much a minority activity in the UK, with no party reaching the half million mark in membership numbers.

17 minutes ago, rocor said:

Membership of political parties is very much a minority activity in the UK, with no party reaching the half million mark in membership numbers.

While agreeing that membership of political parties is very much a minority thing – even in the heyday the Tories and Labour only had membership in the low million mark, not a patch on the National Trust – it's worth pointing out that the Labour Party had over 500,000 members when it was led by ... Jeremy Corbyn!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, simonmcp said:

I think something similar applies to all Public Schools though to a lesser degree than at Eton. Even at my own school, suitably venerable though otherwise very much of the second or third rank, we were informed in all seriousness that we were in the top 7% educationally. If so then God help the rest.

Floreat Etonas!

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, wagonman said:

I think something similar applies to all Public Schools though to a lesser degree than at Eton. Even at my own school, suitably venerable though otherwise very much of the second or third rank, we were informed in all seriousness that we were in the top 7% educationally. If so then God help the rest.

A good way of maintaining the supposed educational superiority of the independent sector is to agree to much-needed though still below-inflation pay increases for teachers in the state sector and then to fail to provide any additional funding to pay for these increases. From my own knowledge as a primary school governor, I know that without any change from the current situation, schools will have exhausted their reserves by the end of this financial year and will have to make cuts to staffing the following year which will result in poorer outcomes for many children, especially the least advantaged. (Escalating energy costs are also a factor but staff costs account for 90% or more of most schools' budgets.)

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

When I was a High School Governor, about 15 years ago, our budgets were sufficient to be able to keep the structure in repair ('60s built so rather naff), employ almost enough Classroom Assistants, and even start a Breakfast Club. Heady days.

• Friendly/supportive 1