Proceedings of the Castle Aching Parish Council, 1905

1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

No, I don't believe that for a moment. I wouldn't go quite so far as to suggest that there are 649 better options but really, not that far off!

Surely there can't be many worse!  Or can there?  :dontknow:

Jim

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Regularity said:

Entertaining the invisible man again?

What are women in the cabinet for? I'm not convinced our PM has what would be widely accepted as a satisfactory answer to that. It has been observed that of the three women in the photos of the infamous garden work-party, one was a wife and another a mistress, neither of whom were present on government business. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that last point - not certain of the current standing of the mistress.)

Edited by Compound2632

12 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

There are a few names that spring to mind but it would be invidious and probably libellous to pick out any names.

A ranking of all UK politicians in order of uselessness website, where the public get to vote their choice for the most useless (only one vote each allowed), could prove to be mildly entertaining.

Though, giving it a little more thought, the member of parliament that is least well known/distinguished/ publicized/still expelling breath is liable to end up polling as the least useless.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, rocor said:

A ranking of all UK politicians in order of uselessness website, where the public get to vote their choice for the most useless (only one vote each allowed), could prove to be mildly entertaining.

It's called a General Election.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

15 hours ago, Regularity said:

Entertaining the invisible man again?

Female stand-up comedians should of course have  the same opportunity to entertain as their male counterparts.  It is that when the forum for the performance of either gender joker is the UK parliament, the invisible man (the UK electorate as the audience)  is going to find themselves paying a much larger entrance fee to this comedy club, than they at first anticipated.

I reckon the guy’s summed him up pretty accurately, which is no surprise given that he used to do the same job when BJ was Mayor.

At that stage, though, the job was a bit less high-stakes, with BJ was playing what amounted to a “character cameo” role, because after an initially very wobbly period,  he had good quality advisers/lieutenants surrounding him (I’ve never quite understood the extent to which he actually chose them, as compared to had them appointed to look after him, by people like Lord Ashcroft, acting from behind the curtain).

I wonder whether or not he’s registered his face make-up with whatever the body is that face make-up is registered with? The Worshipful Company of Fools, maybe?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Edwardian said:

Anyone else just non-plussed by the Prime Minister's new Director of Communication's ringing endorsement of his new boss: "He is not a complete clown"

I am left wondering quite what the rest of him is, though…

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

17 minutes ago, Regularity said:

I am left wondering quite what the rest of him is, though…

It sets an incredibly low bar for the job description.

We could think of other such, e.g. High Court Judge: Must not be entirely ignorant of the law; Metropolitan Police officer: Candidate must not be completely racist or misogynist; School 'bus driver; job requires drivers not to be drunk for more than half the week. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

34 minutes ago, Nearholmer said:

I understand it to mean that he is an incomplete clown, either a ‘work in progress’, or a clown with an important deficiency that can never be rectified.

We're in the middle of a similar PM-character analysis period here, our deputy PM,  lacking that subtle way with words that make "Not a complete clown"  sound slightly  positive, was a bit more direct  with  his feelings about our Pm  in a leaked text message which should make the upcoming election campaign attempt to portray a united team a bit more interesting - 

image.png.4b95668acb4617a9022886025faa2b07.png

From an international perspective,  at least  until recently the local media go-to picture for Boris was of him hanging forlornly from a zip line, little tummy straining against the harness,  still gamely waving his Union Jack. 

Some here wistfully wish ours to be  clown like in that  actual clown way rather than clownlike in an inept dick way. 

Its  a little known historical fact that we managed to lose one of ours in the surf back in the 60's.  

image.png.789de2e6e7068489045acae33d16d0cc.png

Despite a search he was never seen again and unless the "stolen by Russian Sub" theory was right he could still be out there somewhere waiting to reclaim his rightful position on his return which would also pep up the upcoming election campaign.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

I appreciate this is no place for railway modelling chat, but hopefully it's off-topic enough to make this a valid thread in which to mention...

...that.

There seems to be a concerted drive to increase participation, and although I'm sure most interested parties will have seen it by now thought I'd share here. Those who would prefer their tank engines saddled are also welcome to make their feelings known :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

We're in the middle of a similar PM-character analysis period here, our deputy PM,  lacking that subtle way with words that make "Not a complete clown"  sound slightly  positive, was a bit more direct  with  his feelings about our Pm  in a leaked text message which should make the upcoming election campaign attempt to portray a united team a bit more interesting - 

image.png.4b95668acb4617a9022886025faa2b07.png

From an international perspective,  at least  until recently the local media go-to picture for Boris was of him hanging forlornly from a zip line, little tummy straining against the harness,  still gamely waving his Union Jack. 

Some here wistfully wish ours to be  clown like in that  actual clown way rather than clownlike in an inept dick way. 

Its  a little known historical fact that we managed to lose one of ours in the surf back in the 60's.  

image.png.789de2e6e7068489045acae33d16d0cc.png

Despite a search he was never seen again and unless the "stolen by Russian Sub" theory was right he could still be out there somewhere waiting to reclaim his rightful position on his return which would also pep up the upcoming election campaign.

Britain once had their own missing government minister, who disappeared from a beach in Florida.

Though, he turned up alive and well in Australia.  

Stonehouse-30-Nov-1974-001.jpg

• Funny 1

8 hours ago, rocor said:

Britain once had their own missing government minister, who disappeared from a beach in Florida.

Though, he turned up alive and well in Australia.  

Do the Pacific tides work that way?

Mentioning Australia though gives me the chance to post this which  proves that even our non-deadly  bush stuff  are still ar5eholes.

• Like 1
  • Funny 11

I was in a cheerful mood today, after a third night of sleep disrupted by anxiety nightmares. 

It put me in a reflective mood concerning our strange, strange times.

Then, reaching a new low, I suffered an attack of Bad Poetry.

Start a war

Or kick a cat

Lie to the House

(Can't call it that!)

Do what you like

Do your worst

You get away with it

I merely curse

Can't pay for light

Can't pay for heat

Can't pay the rent

Or fill the car

I am the disregarded

The unknown

The ignored

The worm*

Better hope you kill me off

Before I damn well turn

* And yet, at the same time, Immensely Privileged!

Edited by Edwardian
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9