Blade Disposal

I just put mine in the bin.

No waste recovery plant allows their staff to touch the rubbish by hand.  We're not in the 1980s anymore!

Although I do appreciate there are some bin collection areas that don't have wheely bins, but their adoption was two fold - stopping foxes, protecting the workforce.

By mixing two types of metal, you may inhibit recycling of one.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, figworthy said:

Possible problem here.

Whilst your (and my) recycling bin takes tins regardless of the metal, in theory further down the road (!) the contents will be sorted into ferrous and non ferrous (magnets are useful for this).  Steel blades in ally tins will mess that up.

Adrian

I certainly know that my local scrap yard doesn't separate aluminium from steel with regard to the likes of fridges/freezers etc..

They don't even remove the plastic lining/shelves.

It all goes in a shredder and then is split with a magnet for the ferrous content.

• Like 1

I think that once all our cr*p goes to the recycling depot, it is indeed "gobbled up" and then subject to various stages of mechanical processing and filtration.  One thing I do know is that clinical waste is not recycled in the strictest sense of the term, sharps "flasks" are routinely incinerated as the risk of viral infection is so great - I would suggest that if your sharps aren't dirty, recycle.

• Agree 1