The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Boeing 737 Max - back in service

Joseph_Pestell

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I have no idea what you mean . I worked there , I drive home. I’d rather not be on a bus at all, as per the photo above 

Seems the more remarkable that they didn’t segregate aircrew from pax, particularly row 0L and 0R

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

Most of the 100K would have willingly have paid for your bus home, to reduce the spread of COVID.  Those would be the relatives who had family disaster, not drama.

I'm not sure you using your car makes the slightest difference to all their familie's distress. 

Julian

You clearly haven’t understood. It’s quite simple. This is a compare and contrast between how the US airports were dealing with COVID procedures vs the UK airports, not even allowing Monday morning quarterbacking one year on.

Edited by PMP
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Jeff Smith said:

So, back to the thread topic, where does the CAA fit in with EASA now?  Is this now an independent authority or still fully aligned with EASA?

Independently aligned I think is the easy answer. Not seen any significant ‘coal face’ differences in airport/ATC operating practices (yet), and not heard of anything similar from previous colleagues of airline operators. A close relly who’s Civvy but Mil operational support, also says nothing at coal face.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

Most of the 100K would have willingly have paid for your bus home, to reduce the spread of COVID.  Those would be the relatives who had family disaster, not drama.

I'm not sure you using your car makes the slightest difference to all their familie's distress. 

Julian

Nope. You are still not making the blindest bit of sense.

to be clear - 

when I arrived at The American end , the people had full covid gear on, who were dealing with both the passengers and crew 

when I arrived at Gatwick, the crew was put  on a bus to the terminal with the passengers , rather than independently going up the air bridge .

what this has to do with me taking a bus to my house I fail to see , as that introduces more risk , to me and those on the bus than driving my car solo,

Edited by rob D2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

Bear in mind though , this was March last year.

the whole thing was in its infancy - what amazed me most was because Gatwick were rapidly shutting bits of itself down, it meant we had to be bussed from aircraft to entrance rather than go down the bridge , now that was silly thinking .

Success then...  well done, a mere 100,000...

2 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

Ok, I’m getting quite irate now ,

I am complaining about the LACk of covid cover at Gatwick.

why do you keep going on about the death tally ? It’s not my fault ?.

Are you drinking or something ?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

Eh?

Are all the tops on the solvents in your mancave firmly secured? I think one or two of them might be leaking.

• Funny 1

24 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Nope. You are still not making the blindest bit of sense.

to be clear - 

when I arrived at The American end , the people had full covid gear on, who were dealing with both the passengers and crew 

when I arrived at Gatwick, the crew was put  on a bus to the terminal with the passengers , rather than independently going up the air bridge .

what this has to do with me taking a bus to my house I fail to see , as that introduces more risk , to me and those on the bus than driving my car solo,

Thank you for the clarirty

Julian

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Jeff Smith said:

This theme has nothing to do with B737 Max

Indeed, brought up by someone who earlier in the thread told us he was an RAF pilot, when in fact he was a career RAF policeman.

In other news the UK CAA is obviously satisfied that the 737Max is good to fly in UK airspace.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PMP said:

Indeed, brought up by someone who earlier in the thread told us he was an RAF pilot, when in fact he was a career RAF policeman.

In other news the UK CAA is obviously satisfied that the 737Max is good to fly in UK airspace.

Correct to the reference to the later Provost career, but not the pilot, not that is relevant to the comments.

Julian

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

Correct to the reference to the later Provost career, but not the pilot, not that is relevant to the comments.

Julian

4452D20A-9F2D-4C97-9DF7-A57789D96815.jpeg.d74669a59684407c4987858c4bdc903b.jpeg

Nothing more to add. First time I’ve ever seen a Walt ‘out’ himself.

• 3 months later...
38 minutes ago, Jeff Smith said:

Of course whenever there is scrutiny on anything unrelated problems make headlines.  On any other aircraft this would probably not have made the national news....

Most others don't aim for the sales numbers, or vulnerable passenger numbers that Boeing have, which has larger implications. I agree that faults on other aircraft should merit equal prominence, as the potential for lives lost is equally proportionally unacceptable.

Julian