The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

New purchase.....the unwrapping.......so exciting........

boxbrownie

• RMweb Premium
47 minutes ago, Kylestrome said:

Well, at least their packaging was environmentally friendly ... :tomato:

No it’s not......I’m going to burn it......

Just kidding......honest, it’s going in the recycling next week, bloomin’ waste......if I’d known they were going to use that much wrapping I’d have just asked for the packaging :lol:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Looks like you're going to have an awful lot of fun popping the bubbles in all that bubble wrap.

Arghhh you guessed my dark addiction :blush:

I ordered the “blue” heavy duty type as the last roll of bubble wrap I ordered was so weak it kept bursting as we wrapped items in it......was ever so cheap though!

This tuff is a lot tougher, thankfully.

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Too late for you now but maybe useful next time - there is a free bubble wrap app available to download for Android phones, Iphones probably have one similar.

Also,  get a parrot. I have one and found that all that Amazon paper can be flattened out and used to line the floor of his cage. Now that I don't get actual newspapers, I was finding it prohibitively expensive to print the pages off from the internet to use, this is much cheaper.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

The size of the packaging gets me.  I know it’s easier for them to have standard size boxes and a range of smaller ones may be uneconomical for them but last week I received a box as big as that with a paperback book in it.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, 30801 said:

Sometimes Amazon swing the other way.

21457797_827819840730182_4665800546747666498_o.jpg.de344716702faa7092a227727af9f325.jpg

Not seeing the grandchildren this year so the presents have been sent/ordered online mostly......one was a “starter bike” and as it was going direct to the kids house we made sure and asked if it would be in a plain box, indeed was the answer it comes in just a plain brown cardboard (albeit big) box.......our daughter in law rang us the other day and thanked us for the bike in a plain brown box............with a stuck on picture of a bike on the front!:rolleyes:

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Nick C said:

I was fully expecting the last photo to be a single micro-SD card...

I have had an SD card delivered once in a box bigger than a shoe box, usually things like that come in their sensible card envelopes.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

I have had an SD card delivered once in a box bigger than a shoe box, usually things like that come in their sensible card envelopes.

I can't find the photo now but shortly after we moved into our new-build house Bristan sent us a replacement shower thermostat because there was a bad batch and ours was included. The thermostat was slightly smaller than an egg and came in a box about 18x18x24"

Now remember I said it was a new build? All our neighbours were sent the same thing on the same day and my wife was the only one in. We had eight of these boxes sitting in our front room.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6