RMweb

Formula 1 2021

Oldddudders

1 minute ago, Brian D said:

A couple of blokes who used to rally a bit, without being heard of much, and Bernie's ex, OMG. Should LH decide to jack it in I wouldn't blame him but I would hope he carries on. This business reeks of getting the only black driver out of the paddock. I seriously hope he stays for 2022 and fights back against the new F1 establishment. 

8 years on, it's a bit late for that sort of idea.

Over reaction much? Masi seems to have applied the rules incorrectly in order to have an exciting race to the finish rather than a dull safety car procession. He was only able to make that mistake because Latifi crashed. Who I somewhat doubt is in on a conspiracy to make the grid a whites only zone. Particularly since Latifi's father was born Mehrdad Latifi in Tehran, so he's no whiter than Lewis.

Edited by Zomboid
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

8 years on, it's a bit late for that sort of idea.

Not an idea, just a comment having watched the race and looking at media reports in the days since the injustice mate. Feel free to expand on your one liner. 

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Sounds like a NASTY BIT OF SH1T.

Ben Sulayem warns ‘no forgiveness’ if Hamilton breached rules

https://racer.com/2021/12/17/ben-sulayem-warns-no-forgiveness-if-hamilton-breached-rules/?fbclid=IwAR3Rv2xKNPuqF0LwEmEDHDG4NfgUWASCxhXbj37ok98Z1WyjOi4bJGqm274

Only Hamilton? or has MV and RB been forgiven?

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Zomboid said:

Over reaction much? Masi seems to have applied the rules incorrectly in order to have an exciting race to the finish rather than a dull safety car procession. He was only able to make that mistake because Latifi crashed. I somewhat doubt he's in on a conspiracy to make the grid a whites only zone. Particularly since Latifi's father was born in Tehran.

So Tehran is maybe where "black" folk come from. Pushing the boundaries mate with your argument imho. My comment related to the new constitution of the F1 board who presumably will sort everything out knowing not a lot and maybe just p!issing off LH even further with this alleged threat of sanctions for not turning up for Christmas party. 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Only Hamilton? or has MV and RB been forgiven?

What have they done that hasn't already been dealt with and closed?

AFAIK the only thing that LH & MB have done that isn't closed is the ceremony thing.

That's pretty inflamatory language he's using there, but we'll see what they actually do.

1 minute ago, Brian D said:

So Tehran is maybe where "black" folk come from. Pushing the boundaries mate with your argument imho.

I didn't say that, I said that he's not white because his father was born Iranian (though I think he now has Canadian nationality).

But the point was actually that what happened the other day was a result of a bunch of things, which all started with Latifi crashing, which makes it unlikely to be any kind of conspiracy as he would have had to do it deliberately.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

QUESTION. = As Lewis returned to UK for his knighthood, could he LEAGALY return to France for the ceremony without isolating as other F1 Team members have to do?

He has to have an awfully good reason to enter France at all. I can go back as  I am a resident. Sherry could not come and visit me, as she is not.

Lewis and Toto are putting the FIA on the spot, and F1 fans everywhere other than Holland (and maybe part of Wales!) are after the FIA's scalp. This could run and run. 

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Not an idea, just a comment having watched the race and looking at media reports in the days since the injustice mate. Feel free to expand on your one liner. 

37 minutes ago, Brian D said:

A couple of blokes who used to rally a bit, without being heard of much, and Bernie's ex, OMG. Should LH decide to jack it in I wouldn't blame him but I would hope he carries on. This business reeks of getting the only black driver out of the paddock. I seriously hope he stays for 2022 and fights back against the new F1 establishment. 

8 years on, your comment is somewhat short on supporting evidence, but you are quite welcome to publish your thoughts.  Have a good day.

10 minutes ago, Zomboid said:

I didn't say that, I said that he's not white because his father was born Iranian (though I think he now has Canadian nationality).

But the point was actually that what happened the other day was a result of a bunch of things, which all started with Latifi crashing, which makes it unlikely to be any kind of conspiracy as he would have had to do it deliberately.

FIA are the  conspiracy crew, and possibly mistreating a black, and proud of it, driver. Did you not focus on what happened at the end of the race?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

8 years on, your comment is somewhat short on supporting evidence, but you are quite welcome to publish your thoughts.  Have a good day.

Hmm, double quotes, I'm blessed. Sweet dreams. I obviously didn't sway you with my argument but hey ho such is life. 

I know what happened.

The point is that for it to be a conspiracy then Latifi would have had to be in on it. And I don't believe for a minute that he would have been. If he hadn't crashed then none of the rest would have happened.

Coincidentally, both Latifi and Hamilton have one white and one non-white parent, which IMO makes it even more unlikely that he'd be involved in a racist conspiracy against Hamilton.

The most likely explanation to me is that Masi played fast and loose with the rules in order to have a racing finish to the closest season in ages, rather than a safety car procession. Cock up, not conspiracy.

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

QUESTION. = As Lewis returned to UK for his knighthood, could he LEAGALY return to France for the ceremony without isolating as other F1 Team members have to do?

21 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

He has to have an awfully good reason to enter France at all. I can go back as  I am a resident. Sherry could not come and visit me, as she is not.

Lewis and Toto are putting the FIA on the spot, and F1 fans everywhere other than Holland (and maybe part of Wales!) are after the FIA's scalp. This could run and run. 

Doesn't LH reside in Monte Carlo?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Zomboid said:

I know what happened.

The point is that for it to be a conspiracy then Latifi would have had to be in on it. And I don't believe for a minute that he would have been. If he hadn't crashed then none of the rest would have happened.

Coincidentally, both Latifi and Hamilton have one white and one non-white parent, which IMO makes it even more unlikely that he'd be involved in a racist conspiracy against Hamilton.

The most likely explanation to me is that Masi played fast and loose with the rules in order to have a racing finish to the closest season in ages, rather than a safety car procession. Cock up, not conspiracy.

Wasn't saying Latifi was part of the conspiracy ffs, once the crash happened FIA pounced on it. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

BREAKING NEWS!!
LEWIS HAMILTON TO RETIRE!! 
It has been reported he wishes to leave f1 to persue a career in music, however his request to join the group, Musical Youth, was rejected on the basis that he could not pass the dutchie on the left hand side!!

shamelessly stolen from a friend on Facebook 

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

New FIA administration to decide over sanction for Hamilton’s prizegiving absence.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/12/17/new-fia-administration-to-decide-on-sanction-for-hamilton-over-prizegiving-absence/

10 second penalty?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Doesn't LH reside in Monte Carlo?

But he would have to travel through France , last time I looked Monte Carlo

did'nt have an airport .   ;)

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Agree 3

People travelling from Britain into France have too have a valid reason to enter the country under new French restrictions……….to attend a prize gala organised by a bunch of cheats and liars does not in my opinion seem a valid reason to travel 

• Like 6
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 2