ON SHED (FUELLING THE GOYLE)

chickensoup

• RMweb Premium

I am a bit confused by those fuel pumps, where is the "pump"?

The pump in the earlier post has a pump, the square box in the middle

Have a look at this thread,

This is the design of pump that was used at Toton, and the most common type on the LMR.

totonfueller.jpg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I am a bit confused by those fuel pumps, where is the "pump"?

The pump in the earlier post has a pump, the square box in the middle

Have a look at this thread,

This is the design of pump that was used at Toton, and the most common type on the LMR.

totonfueller.jpg

Thanks for the interest Clive Very Interesting thread.

The rigs are 3D Prints. Maybe a bit has fallen off?  :blink:  maybe the pumps are under a grid on the hardstanding? In work our machines had huge coolant pumps under a mezzanine. 

The Fuel shed wall and shelter will have an assortment of pipes valves and fittings similar to the “Peterborough” shed. 

In any case I’m not expertly prototypical but they do look quite good for 7mm. 

CS 

Edited by chickensoup

The excellent Mudmagnet Models Buxton pump unfortunately had a mishap. I cannibalised it for the end fuel connector and amazingly the pump section Clive mentioned fits nicely on the 3D print rig. Although  The Buxton version is good and accurate I do like the 3D “beefed up” for 7mm versions.  

5913426C-F2DD-48A3-B90B-21E8C44C7292.jpeg.2371c7e3890803c3396e4e7fdaf4f90b.jpeg

22D0737B-3EFF-4183-A391-845529E1C915.jpeg.4c379e52459327ccf0664f7f25343577.jpeg

D4D37F99-8866-495E-84BD-C4EF397A954F.jpeg.3235755ce254ac163c5c1f3b408a78e0.jpeg

CS

Edited by chickensoup
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This could open up a whole can of worms! Its a totally personal decision really because we all recognise locos by different features and so may or may not like the models depending how well those bits are done.

The 56 cab front just doesn't look right to me whereas I like the 37 when others complain about the sides!

I would definitely try and see one in the flesh before buying.

Edited by Hal Nail
typo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

This could open up a whole can of worms! Its a totally personal decision really because we all recognise locos by different features and so may or may not like the models depending how well those bits are done.

The 56 cab front just doesn't look right to me whereas I like the 37 when others complain about the sides!

I would definitely try and see one in the flesh before buying.

Thanks. 

Im fortunate enough to live 12 miles from Tower Models in Blackpool. All I can say is that they all look really excellent up close. Not an easy decision at £500+  and sound installation professional weather and a renumber on top of that. It’ll just have to be one (for the time being). 

Which one I’m unsure. 

Then there is the small matter of the Rf Class 26…… 

CS

• chickensoup changed the title to ON SHED (FUELLING)
On 06/05/2022 at 11:13, chickensoup said:

Thanks. 

Im fortunate enough to live 12 miles from Tower Models in Blackpool. All I can say is that they all look really excellent up close. Not an easy decision at £500+  and sound installation professional weather and a renumber on top of that. It’ll just have to be one (for the time being). 

Which one I’m unsure. 

Then there is the small matter of the Rf Class 26…… 

CS

If I had to choose one Id go for the rebranded 60 first, then when funds allow, 37 and 56, but that just me.

Regards

Julian.

• Thanks 1

37 Side Tumblehome gap below body and above chassis is perfect. Heljan got this so right. Maybe in Bachmann 00 allowance had to be given for Setrack clearances? 

Class 56 head on looks sublime. 

60 looks boxy but is what is . At 19” it’s a monster. 

CS

Edited by chickensoup

• 5 weeks later...
On 07/05/2022 at 19:27, chickensoup said:

37 Side Tumblehome gap below body and above chassis is perfect. Heljan got this so right.

Just a shame they got it so wrong further up the bodyside. Still better than I would produce from a brass kit!

2 hours ago, D6775 said:

Just a shame they got it so wrong further up the bodyside. Still better than I would produce from a brass kit!

Please elaborate. Looks fine to me. The main point he mentioned was the Tumblehome gap. 

Not bad at all for £500 notes. Let’s not nit pick as per. 

18 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

Please elaborate. Looks fine to me. The main point he mentioned was the Tumblehome gap. 

the roof panels are to big forcing the cant rail grilles down the bodyside, forcing the bodyside windows grilles and doors too low on the bodyside. If it’s a blue or green livery it’s not too obvious, but add striped liveries then they stand out like a sore thumb as nothing intersects correctly on the body. So 37’s are a mess, hence why I have an MM1 body to fit to mine

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Crisis Rail said:

Not at all, I am not knocking Heljan and they're still pretty good for the price, but 37's have long been my choice of traction so I tend to notice things. As Ian says it stems from the roof panels being too wide pushing all the detail on the sides down. Most notable in TTG or Dutch liveries, less so in Green/Blue/LLB/LLG/Departmental Grey, even Mainline/Regional Railways aren't too bad. Its most noticeable if you look at where the greys dissect the bodyside windows on the TTG livery, it should be about 3/4 down the window but the Heljan models are nearer 1/3 from the top. Having said all that, I do have a number of the Heljan 37's but all so far in liveries that tend to disguise the errors. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, chickensoup said:

Well. 

The 31 looks reasonably decent unless anyone on here knows different 🤷🏼

Yes I think these were one of Heljan's better offerings.

Paul R

• Like 1

On 09/06/2022 at 03:28, Crisis Rail said:

Like I said. 

Give the criticism a rest. 

But you asked for elaboration

On 08/06/2022 at 03:26, Crisis Rail said:

can’t have it both ways. 

• Funny 1