Z21 help

GR1947

Hello.

I have the z21 and as usual i do nor use over winter as layout in garden in log cabin but when i do venture in it always fires up no problem. However when switched on now the blue light comes on but locos are dead they always fire up when switched on but not now. I cannot connect my phone or ipad to it theres no connection i have not a clue can anyone help, happy to supply my number.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

There’s no need to be snippy, people are just trying to identify the basic parameters and eliminate the obvious because it’s happened before. We have no idea of your familiarity with the system. 
The next obvious check would be if the power is actually getting to the track so have you checked the connections or done a continuity test? Taking the wire out of the Z21 and checking its connected to the layout with a meter?

Another check would be to place a couple of locos directly where the feed is on the track to see if it works there and it’s the layout that has a contact issue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GR1947 said:

Of course its switched on and no the phone will not connect . I am very familiar with z21 so the problem is technical 

I am fairly certain I know the issue you are having and how to cure it but given your attitude I Now have no Intention of providing you with a resolution.

Good luck, because with the attitude you display it will only be your luck that solves the issue and not the knowledge of people here.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 3

On 22/03/2021 at 09:03, PaulRhB said:

There’s no need to be snippy, people are just trying to identify the basic parameters and eliminate the obvious because it’s happened before. We have no idea of your familiarity with the system. 
The next obvious check would be if the power is actually getting to the track so have you checked the connections or done a continuity test? Taking the wire out of the Z21 and checking its connected to the layout with a meter?

Another check would be to place a couple of locos directly where the feed is on the track to see if it works there and it’s the layout that has a contact issue. 

I wasnt being snippy not as I've heard that one before but I'm repeating myself all the time. I have already said I can short it out as I've place a metal object across track. The phone can see the router I have pinged it and received a response. The box is dead. 

3 hours ago, GR1947 said:

I have already said I can short it out as I've place a metal object across track. 

When did you say that?

There's nothing in this thread about shorting out the Z21 outputs.

Regards,

John P

• Agree 1

I dont know I've been repeating myself to answer questions. It doesn't work the phone wont pick up signal from router even though I can ping it and get response I give up. Sent 3 messages to roco no response. Z21 is now in house have updated it not as that would make any difference.