Hornby Uncatalogued train sets, train packs and rolling stock ect.

RyanN91

On 17/10/2021 at 04:32, sandwich station said:

City Of Litchfield and Duchess Of Athol

165.jpg

163.jpg

Fantastic thanks for sharing it's so good to see these exclusives limited edition models that are uncatalogued! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, sandwich station said:

Manston, another limited edition of 500 from the Hornby Railways Collectors Club.

1.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

That's the one I've got, the front bogie is prone to Mazak rot. Well, the one on mine fell apart, but I was fortunately able to source a replacement.

I understand they've done another Collectors' Club edition of Manston since, R.3249, with high-sided tender and early crest.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

That's the one I've got, the front bogie is prone to Mazak rot. Well, the one on mine fell apart, but I was fortunately able to source a replacement.

I understand they've done another Collectors' Club edition of Manston since, R.3249, with high-sided tender and early crest.

John

Yes I know about the mazak rot. I started a thread on here about it. I contacted Simon at Hornby and he sent me a replacement for it F.O.C.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/80898-southern-pacifics-mazak-problem/&/topic/80898-southern-pacifics-mazak-problem/?hl=manston

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Fireline said:

And the nameplate in red.... :scratchhead:

Which may well be correct; Hornby's research on Bulleid Pacifics they produce is usually sound.

Several other Battle of Britain locos had them, at least for a while, during their BR careers. One known example was 34061 '73 Squadron' (Hornby R.2316, correctly with red plates) and 34066 and 34090 also carried them at times but Hornby only did them as running in Malachite livery, when (AIUI), they would have had black plates.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, RyanN91 said:

Ah a Class 90 in BR IC executive livery much like my 2017 RailRoad model. This Uncatalogued Mainline Freight set circa 1989-1993 possibly? 

>Snipped

Screenshot_20211116-175939_eBay.jpg

Do you have any idea of what is meant to be in the yellow circle with the yellow blank over it? (Bottom right corner of the box lid…)

Edited by Ruffnut Thorston
Typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Do you have any idea of what is meant to be in the yellow circle with the yellow blank over it? (Bottom right corner of the box lid…)

I'm assuming this set mail order exclusive. Im sorry bit I don't have this set so I can't answer that bit. Some of them I have but for all of them I just find the photos and add them here! It always amazes me the amount of uncatalogued Hornby products I find or re-find or forgotten about until instantly seeing them again.

I'm assuming it's the audio cassette or perhaps this freebie? (I have this set with this Fantastic battery operated super sound or perhaps not as on this set it's blue and not yellow? and strangely this one is dated 1994 the A6 mini catalogue and paperwork R695 are also dated 1994 with the catalogue number for this set as this set was only produced andr catalogued and released in the years 1990 1991 and 1992) . And yes the selection of amazing freight wagons is very nice. 

R695-SD_3193245_Qty1_box.jpg

Edited by RyanN91
Missed info.
  • Like 2

Hi All,

Talking of Argos.....

For my 10th birthday (back in the 1970’s) my parents took me to get the Hornby Flying Scotsman train set from our local Argos store.

Unfortunately,, this was out of stock, however an alternative Hornby train set was available.....

This was supplied in a plain cardboard box & included a blue class 35 Hymek with an assortment of wagons & circle of track.

Not sure if there was a packaging error but included in the set was 2No. Blue circle cement wagons (in the stand out yellow livery).

Other wagons included a red SR 7 plank wagon, London brick wagon in red livery, Fine Fish vent van & a 20T BR brake van.

I still have these +40 years on.

Note to self - must dig these out for a jog along memory lane.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, CB Rail said:

Hi All,

Talking of Argos.....

For my 10th birthday (back in the 1970’s) my parents took me to get the Hornby Flying Scotsman train set from our local Argos store.

Unfortunately,, this was out of stock, however an alternative Hornby train set was available.....

This was supplied in a plain cardboard box & included a blue class 35 Hymek with an assortment of wagons & circle of track.

Not sure if there was a packaging error but included in the set was 2No. Blue circle cement wagons (in the stand out yellow livery).

Other wagons included a red SR 7 plank wagon, London brick wagon in red livery, Fine Fish vent van & a 20T BR brake van.

I still have these +40 years on.

Note to self - must dig these out for a jog along memory lane.

I have had a look through the 1970s Argos catalogues archive and I think I may have found the answers in 1975 and 1976 they had a Hornby freight train set with a BR Hymek Class 35 in BR Blue and in 1973 and 1974 Argos sold a Hornby Flying Scotsman set so it could be possible that newer stock arrived and you had the substitute from the next year or year before I don't know though I may be completely wrong haha! and of course a favourite Hornby disclaimer of mine used then and now today and what seems forever "colours and contents of wagons may differ from those illustrated".

1975 1976.png

1973 1974.png

Edited by RyanN91
deleted repeated words typos
  • Like 8

Following on here are all of the listed Argos Hornby products train sets locomotives and accessories from 1973 until 1979 Hornby products appeared in both Spring and Summer and Autumn Winter editions until 1980 where they only appeared in Autumn and Winter catalogue. 

1973 1974.png

1974.png

1974 1975.png

1975 1976.png

1976.png

1976 1977.png

1977.png

1977 1978.png

1978.png

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1