The Skarloey Railway 1942-1960: Scaca Fell Forestry Crossing

Tom F

Great to see you on here. I made a point of getting onto Facebook so I could follow your work, but have to admit I never use it so have been missing out! Regular subscriber to NG&I so looking forward to that very much.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Lovely to see a post from you Tom. The teaser photo looks really good - is that winding house based on/inspired by the one that used to serve Abergynolwyn?

(PS I tried joining your Facebook page to keep up with the developments of the Skarloey Railway, but wasn’t successful for some reason - nice to see an update on here though)

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Lovely to see a post from you Tom. The teaser photo looks really good - is that winding house based on/inspired by the one that used to serve Abergynolwyn?

(PS I tried joining your Facebook page to keep up with the developments of the Skarloey Railway, but wasn’t successful for some reason - nice to see an update on here though)

Hi Tortuga. 
Have to be honest this was just a brief update and due to my concerns with one user here and the thomas fandom/photo sharing I wont be regular.

Please try again Tortuga, I generally turn away requests that don't answer the group questions.

Best wishes

Tom

• Friendly/supportive 10

On 01/09/2023 at 23:53, John Besley said:

Is Andy Y aware of the problem that selfishly minded people have toward you, as Rob says RMWEB is worse off without you inspiring work

Andy is aware of the situation, and was as helpful as he can be, but unfortunately as part of the software update a year or so ago, as the person hasn’t commented in the thread they can’t be blocked from the thread.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Tom F said:

My content is still viewable if you wish to find it in my private Facebook group (I believe there is a link further back through the thread) and in future magazine articles.

I’ll sign off for now, you guys know where to find me.

All the best

Tom

IMG_8842.jpeg

It's quite summery here in Devon today, didn't know that Autumn had come early in Mid-Wales.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I tried to join the FB group but seemingly was unsuccessful. I'm pretty sure I answered the questions, but I'm not much of an FB user so maybe I did something wrong.

Either way I'll just have to hope one day in the future we get another photo posted on here.

Tom is without a doubt one of the most talented and inspiring modellers in the hobby, and I hope we get to see more at some point.

Edited by Obsidian Quarry
  • Like 5
  • Agree 5

• 4 months later...

I've said it before but its such a shame that Tom has felt unable to post outside Facebook (which I don't use, probably for similar reasons to his stopping posting elsewhere).

Does anyone know, or could someone who does use his Facebook group ask, where the seated figure in the guard's van is from?

Many thanks,

Gyp

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gypsy said:

I've said it before but its such a shame that Tom has felt unable to post outside Facebook (which I don't use, probably for similar reasons to his stopping posting elsewhere).

Does anyone know, or could someone who does use his Facebook group ask, where the seated figure in the guard's van is from?

Many thanks,

Gyp

Good morning Gyp

The seated figures I use are all Modelu.

Yes, I'm sorry how disappointing it is for other RMweb members, however after I last posted on here several months ago, my suspicions were confirmed when I received a message from an RMweb member, who I had banned from my group on suspicion of them taking my photos and posting them elsewhere. They confirmed this but I was basically told I should be grateful that they were sharing my modelling with their fellow Thomas fans, and any problems I had with this were my problem, not theirs!

I was very grateful for Andy York's support in this, but it is for that reason I do not plan to share my modelling outside of my facebook group anymore.

Edited by Tom F
  • Friendly/supportive 17

Thanks Tom - I understand...

I thought they might be Modelu - not sure what search terms to use though - can you remember how they're described?!

Many thanks and best wishes,

Gyp

• Like 1