Western Times

Andy M

• RMweb Gold

Excellent cover photo Andy and the reproduction captures the colour of the lower body area (on my 'puter) pretty accurately.  Alas the cab window surrounds are over bright (due to the film stock probably) and look white instead the original colour.  i look forward to reading this issue (but then i do with all of them)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Excellent cover photo Andy and the reproduction captures the colour of the lower body area (on my 'puter) pretty accurately.  Alas the cab window surrounds are over bright (due to the film stock probably) and look white instead the original colour.  i look forward to reading this issue (but then i do with all of them)

Thanks Mike,

I mused over using that image for the cover, as the original is slightly overexposed and suffering from highlight glare (as you point out with the window surrounds). Not a true reflection of the ivory off-white for sure! It is a great shot however, not overly used in the past, so I went for it. 
I do hope you enjoy the rest of the issue, and as always I appreciate your candid feedback.

Regards,

Andy.

• Like 1

On 06/12/2023 at 18:46, Not Jeremy said:

It is Bulldog number 3345, at the head of an empty milk working, at Royal Oak in 1928, as others have said.

That doesn't look like an oval plate to me, but I look forward to the new siphons book to see it in better detail.

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...

WESTERN TIMES Issue 9 - Update

Dear RMwebbers,

I am pleased to inform that Issue 9 has gone off to the printer in Malta. What to expect is outlined below, and it should be on sale by early April. Of note in this latest release, is the first instalment of a multi-part history of the ubiquitous Pannier Tank. It's a crazy job.....but someone had to do it!

As usual, I will update when it goes on actual sale.

Regards,

Andy.

WT9 Contents Page.jpg

• Like 10

• 4 weeks later...

WESTERN TIMES Issue 9 - Out Now

I am pleased to update that the latest issue of Western Times has arrived and is available now at https://ttpublishing.co.uk/product/western-times-issue-9/

All subscription copies will be sent out early next week, and thank you again to all readers that have signed up to this purchase option. As always, I hope you find it an interesting read and welcome your feedback, comments and suggestions for future content.

Regards,

Andy.

Western Times Cover (Issue 9).jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I like the shed doors on the front cover. Not mentioned in any BR livery instructions I think :-)

• Funny 4

5 hours ago, Mikkel said:

I like the shed doors on the front cover. Not mentioned in any BR livery instructions I think :-)

I suspect that paint dates from well before Nationalisation Mikkel!

The doors appeared permanently open when the shed was in use, so I guess the outside paintwork was hardly ever noticed. Funny how you miss such details!

• Informative/Useful 1