G&SWR 279 and 403 Kits

Matti8

I thought that I would make this post at a later date but as I saw someone was interested in one the other day I figured that I might as well do it now.

There is a severe lack of resources for modelling Scottish railways. Especially the Sou-west. Perhaps it's time to change that.

I have been thinking recently about the idea of producing a few models and the Drummond 403 in particular stood out to me. After reading about the interchangeability of parts with Peter's earlier 279 class I have concluded that it would be beneficial to have both available.

The kits would be produced in either resin, plastic, or a combination of the two. Ready to take a gearbox and wheels of your choice.

Now at this stage I would like to ask you all to please express any interest in this project! If there is sufficient demand I will make it happen.

Regards,

Matti

Edited by Matti8
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 11/07/2021 at 21:41, Matti8 said:

Now at this stage I would like to ask you all to please express any interest in this project! If there is sufficient demand I will make it happen.

Hi Matti

Out of interest did anything come of the 403 kit notion?

Regards

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Massive  locomotives compared to what went before on the Sou’West. Unfortunately the ‘Pumpers’, 279 class, were not very successful in their original condition. Once the pumps were removed and replaced with injectors they were a bit better.  This is my effort to reproduce one in the condition it was in just before the grouping. Still waiting the works plate to be delivered and given a bit of weathering.

EB0C3C89-A69B-477B-81F3-A679946DA665.jpeg.ede30ff46c308521e20ae1e0696cf0f1.jpeg

There is progress on the Austrian Goods kit and there should be an announcement soon.  Unfortunately a we bit late for my scratch built job which is currently going through the paint shop!

Ian.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1