DURM Group

nebnoswal

Went on Saturday to Caulfield. Mostly Aus and US layouts. There were a couple of Japanese 'N' gauge layouts too.

I went to see about tools and some Kadees. I rocked up to 'Rail'n'thusiast' and was looking for No 18s but I was beaten to them by a fellow holding a handful before me. Luck of the draw. My friend had ordered some 'O' gauge track from Brunel's last week and was to pick them up.

I Spent $13.

I handed over my enrolement to Bryan for the BRMA Convention in Melbourne in October. So that will be 2 more attending.

Just read some of the articles in the free mag you get, and it may be worth going to Perth exhibition to see some UK layouts. But I will just have to settle on going to the UK and visiting a couple of clubs (Gresley Beat, Cheltenham, Chester, N'castle, Gainsborough &MRCLondon) and 2 exhibitions (Bristol & Ormesby Hall) in April-May. A couple of others may be fitted in such a Pendon.

May be some one or club will do/bring a UK layout. I plan to do a end to end Branchline for exhibition purposes. But that is done the track a little.

Mark

Hi Khris,

nice to hear from you.

Unfortunately we are not going to York until later. We plan to arrive the Mon/tues before easter and head south east (kent). Will be in Eastbourne for easter and the Bluebell with some locals. Travelling in a clockwise direction from there to Newcastle back to London then Paris and home.

Maybe we could catch up somewhere if in the vicinity?

Catch up soon. Private mail me and we can compare notes.

Mark

• RMweb Premium

David,

Apologies from me but I did not realize that with a 2 year old Grandson in tow, how hard it is to get to see anything :lol:

I had a small chat with Jeff (SRman), spent a lot of time at the Lego stand and the rest of the time looking at anything with Thomas near it. I had thought about going on Sunday by myself and I should have!

The other thing I forgot was how heavy my grandson is getting, might have to invest in a small Crown stacker to use.

Peter

post-6942-128255713979_thumb.jpg

I was driving the T-TRAK layout at Caulfield for most of Saturday. None of you said hello! tongue.gif

Cheers

David

Sorry David. I was on the BRMA stand all day on Saturday - managed to escape a few times but i wasn't able to linger too long at any one stand. I did have my RMweb badge on as well; you should have yelled out if you saw me ... or possibly stuck your foot out to get my attention! ;)

That would be right just because I was building things in the dark on the BRMA stand only Mark talked to me :sad_mini2:

I thought it was quite a good exhibition for what I saw. James (the 7 y.o.) was driving the BRMA stand for most of the day and did really well for the full 10 hours. He only asked to go home 10 minutes from the end of the day!

Engine shed is looking a lot more at home on the layout now! :good_mini:

Oh well will one day put more faces to names!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The star attraction was Ross Balderson's magnificent N scale model of Sydney Central Station.

That was an amazing layout - a very large layout but packed full of detail. Muskrat Ramble, Dead Tree Junction and Enoshima were the the other ones that stood out for me.

I am glad to hear that it won the Exhibitor's award.

Well I can report on the convention here in Melbourne over the last few days. The convention was well attended with 80 odd attendies from all over Australia. It was great to put faces to names. Every one that I spoke too had enjoyed the preconference talks on the Friday by Ian Futers. Other than my air brush playing up I think every one was interested in the techniques on show. Sturday became a long day I think for everyone as there was a number that dozed off at various points! :rolleyes: The talks ranged from in depth signaling from Phillip Miller through to the light hearted look by Ian at his lifes layout output. Which considering what I have taken to do so far and in the time he will have exhibited and Built about 4 layouts :blink: .

From the groups that came though my place I thank every onefor their kind comments. I think that all have taken something away to add to their own modelling and if Ian Futers gets his way we will be building layouts for exhibition with in 6 month periods!

Thanks to all who participated

• 4 months later...

Hey Ben. Drop in to the BRMA stand and say hello - DougN and I will be there all day. The same applies to any other visitors - please drop by and introduce yourselves.

Sorry we'll miss you yet again, Rick. Hope to catch up with you soon, though.

• RMweb Premium

Drop in to the BRMA stand and say hello - DougN and I will be there all day. The same applies to any other visitors - please drop by and introduce yourselves.

Hi Brian,

I will drop in and say Hello. Do you need a hand? Also I can bring along a Stove R if you have not seen one.

Peter B)

PS My copy of TCH arrived this morning

Well it is always good to see new and old faces....as SRman has said we will be Saturday... I just need to figure out what I am going to do and pack it into the car now! (annual leave is great!)

No good that you have hurt your back again PCM. I would say that the exhibition has a good collection of layouts, An number of Australian, Victorian, South Aust. The lego layout was there again... can never figure out it it is the same one as there is always different buildings and trains... It is extremely popular. Good collection of traders andthe one that I liked was the DVD stand though couldn't figure out which to buy so bought nothing :blink: Still there was a couple of good tool traders. Enjoyed the day all round!

Now I will be back to the Decoders on my layout before more scenic work!

I think we had a fairly successful day on Saturday. A couple of forum members introduced themselves and it was nice to be able to put faces to names (and vice versa!). :D

I talked myself hoarse a few times. I did absolutely no modelling on the day, even though I took some kits and bits along. Doug seemed to achieve a bit more productivity than me! I did have fun operating the layout and explaining various aspects of DCC and DCC sound, though.

And no, we don't have any pictures. To our shame, both Doug and I forgot our cameras. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived