DURM Group

nebnoswal

G'day All,

Another rail modeller from Australia signing in - this time from Perth.

I model British Diesels (blue/yellow) mainly - I like the look of them :)

Looking forward to the AMRA WA Exhibition at the showgrounds 5-7 June - anyone else going?

Cheers,

Greg

• RMweb Premium

Welcome aboard Greg. :)

Take a look around and share your own work with us if you wish. Sorry but I won't be at AMRA WA as it's 3 days drive each way. Or a week on the train B) .

Just to let people know about the two BRMA shows down here in Tassie,

The first one is in Launceston on the 12th and 13th June at St Aibes Hall.

The second one which I will be taking my unfinished layout to is in Hobart on the 21st and 22nd of August. Both shows are good and interesting with a mix of Australian and UK layouts.

Gary in Tas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter, Nice photos. As SRman says particularly the last one. I remember going to waverley 2 years ago and seeing the guy making some of those old style locos at the exhibition.

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Roll call for the Model Rail Exhibition at Caulfield on 21-22 August?

Peter

Sorry but I'll be in transit by then on the way to the UK for the Kernow show on 4th / 5th September. I'm taking an NR and a couple of Lima "Overland" coaches over for "show and tell" operation there.

I will be there on Saturday as the wife works on the polling booth.

Peter, you have not said which day you will be attending.

Will BRMA have a stand this year? Just read SRmans entry at top.

Mark in Bendigo

present, sir!

Probably saturday... possibly with half of Blackburn south as all the dad's at the school and the kinder where my kids go have suddenly been biten by the railway bug!

Though $10bucks is starting to get a bit steep. Still go though. James will no doubt want to join me and may be Ash (she will if there are princesses!! :huh: )

• RMweb Premium

I will be there on Saturday as the wife works on the polling booth.

Peter, you have not said which day you will be attending.

Will BRMA have a stand this year? Just read SRmans entry at top.

Mark in Bendigo

Mark,

not sure which day or both! I believe there is something on, on Saturday but I suppose I could get that business out of the way early then head for Caulfield. Also my daughter and grandson are interested so could go on Sunday as well.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like DougN and I will be there together on Saturday 21st. We'll probably have to vote first then rush over to Caulfield!

I hope to see some of you there on the day, anyway. :)

• RMweb Premium

Jeff,

I will see you Saturday then :rolleyes:

BTW, I should get my sound decoders back this week from Bryan. He has allocated the 2nd start up to F5. Both Class 20's modified awaiting the decoder.

Cheers

Peter

Well as SRman has said we will be heading along on the saturday. I have a list of things to do, I just need 3 parcels to turn up from the UK before the weekend.... Then I will be a happy little camper. (Come on Rails, Howes and TMC) IF I get the first 2 I have hours of fun and as you might have guessed Howes have a little something for me! We need to know how much room we have as there might be the test layout and the demo stand. I think I will have a good time with the Wills kits and bits that I have ordered. (Que the sound of a dremel screaming!) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from Hobart Model Railway show. Was a lovely weekend, Layout performed well with lots of questions about DCC, My Class 150 was a hit with young and old, Think I turned a few people it DCC sound fans!!! The kids loved having a drive of the sound locos. Hoping for an invited back for next year!!!!

Gary

A pre-production sample of a new RTR loco being mass produced in China.

Gopher48.jpg

No that's not the retooled Powerline 48, that is N scale! biggrin.gif

Cheers

David

Had a chance to look these over at Caulfield over the weekend. Most impressive. Even better when you consider its taken 10 months from initial design work to this protoype.

Also managed to pick-up some of the new Aust-N-Rail VR U Vans. The advertising is very impressive.

Overal I thought the show was pretty good. I was there Sat arvo for 2-3 hours, and it was pretty packed the whole time. No doubt the Mums and Dads who took their kids along was to console them after having to go to school on a Saturday; to vote.

post-6928-128247911639_thumb.jpg

post-6928-128247913109_thumb.jpg

I went to Caulfield on the Sunday. Quite busy. The thing I noticed was the lack of UK layouts, not counting the thomas stand. There was only one German layout, the Maerklin guy. It all seemed to be US or Australian layouts. Some good ones though.

cheers

Neil

Archived