Gopher

20 minutes ago, Nevermakeit said:

Must be windy, the way that bucket is swinging about! 🙂

Good spot, probably accounts for the blades of static grass stuck to the buffer stop as well😃

• Funny 1

Posted (edited)

Collett Goods heads towards Harewood Halt.  

In other news and thanks to Neal  @Neal Ball I've upgraded the speaker in my Accurascale Torquay Manor.  This is the second time I've replaced the speaker.  The original sound was underwhelming.

The first upgrade was a larger flatter speaker which only marginally improved the sound.  This time round I copied Neal's technique as outlined on his thread,  (basically  cut away part of the coal space in the tender and fitted a bigger speaker).  Huge improvement in sound.  Now a match (sound wise) for my Dapol Manors.  So thanks again Neal.😀           

20240414_143025.jpg.4bc374e26941a7f75b4a8b67ff11f4e2.jpg

20240414_143025BW.jpg.4011cba7f1e8f12131b3fcd1e980b26c.jpg

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Collett Goods heads towards Harewood Halt.  

In other news and thanks to Neal  @Neal Ball I've upgraded the speaker in my Accurascale Torquay Manor.  This is the second time I've replaced the speaker.  The original sound was underwhelming.

The first upgrade was a larger flatter speaker which only marginally improved the sound.  This time round I copied Neal's technique as outlined on his thread,  (basically  cut away part of the coal space in the tender and fitted a bigger speaker).  Huge improvement in sound.  Now a match (sound wise) for my Dapol Manors.  So thanks again Neal.😀           

20240414_143025.jpg.4bc374e26941a7f75b4a8b67ff11f4e2.jpg

20240414_143025BW.jpg.4011cba7f1e8f12131b3fcd1e980b26c.jpg

Always happy to help 😎 After all that is the benefit of belonging to RMWeb to share our experiences.

I was amazed at how much the sound changed after the upgrade to the new speaker. It is certainly well worth doing.

Nice couple of photos as well.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Neal Ball said:

Always happy to help 😎 After all that is the benefit of belonging to RMWeb to share our experiences.

I was amazed at how much the sound changed after the upgrade to the new speaker. It is certainly well worth doing.

Nice couple of photos as well.

Thanks Neal - totally agree about the benefits of RMWeb.

I have to say the sound from the upgraded speaker exceeded my expectations, (even with the smokebox speaker disconnected). I can see me running Torquay Manor more often

Clive

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Thanks Neal - totally agree about the benefits of RMWeb.

I have to say the sound from the upgraded speaker exceeded my expectations, (even with the smokebox speaker disconnected). I can see me running Torquay Manor more often

Clive

Certainly agree to that Clive. If only A/s had provided us with a bigger speaker straight off. Anyway, we’ve got the solution now.

Regards, Neal.

15xx Pannier is the station pilot engine, seen here parked in the head shunt .

I tend to use a tank engine as a pilot to release locos from the front of passenger trains, and also to shunt the goods yard.  The platform lines have crossovers, but I rarely use these for engine release.    

IMG_5882.JPG.9b5f86e5922ce8b0345213b5cfad3f46.JPG

• Like 11

Kidwelly Castle has just brought it's train (The Cathedrals Express) into Platform 1.  The train has departed behind another engine.  Kidwelly Castle waits for the Platform 1 starting signal to clear, to access the main line, and then the shed. 

20240502_124959.jpg.f0a61690a90d1c09ea663aae83325c77.jpg

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Fishplate said:

Very nice. I don't think you've shown that view before ?

Thanks John.  No I have'nt shown this before. Quite difficult positioning my phone to take a half decent photo.  I zoomed for the B&W photo, which seems to accentuate any slight flaws in the track and platforms (well that is my excuse) 😄

Clive 

• Like 2