KMRC announce Exclusive Accurascale 00 gauge Class 92 in Stobart Rail livery as 92017 ‘Bart the Engine’

Kernow MRC

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, StuAllen said:

Is the plan for these to be delivered at the same time as the rest of the Accurascale class 92’s? wonder how the box will be decorated

Hi Stu,

Correct, the Stobart 92 will arrive with the rest of the 92 run. It will come in a specially designed box by Kernow too. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Pity they couldn't be sent direct from Accurascale - they use DHL - below £250 Kernow normally use Royal Mail who from personal experience seem to be in a right mess currently - last tracked 48 parcel took almost 2 wks to arrive. Plus several still floating in the ether.

Whereas DHL and DPD are currently OK.

Edited by WisTramwayMan
correction
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Production sample sent to Kernow to before the bulk.

Be quite a task to send a few hundred back! 

Hoping the Accurascale Designer has been given free reign to design something special for the box.  If its just their standard Cornish Flag will look like a side view of the Penzance Shunter..... 

I'll answer my own question on this one based on speaking to Kernow today.

The production sample should have been with them for sign off yesterday, so hopefully that gets the all clear meaning delivery to Kernow and then on to us is imminent.

Edited by ac1874
  • Thanks 1

My thoughts are that the livery looks great on this beast of a model, it is well applied. Not much needs to be said that hasn't already been said about the 92.

The only hole I can pick in it is that it is the least cool of the 92 boxes!

Edited by ac1874
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2023 at 23:22, ac1874 said:

My thoughts are that the livery looks great on this beast of a model, it is well applied. Not much needs to be said that hasn't already been said about the 92.

The only hole I can pick in it is that it is the least cool of the 92 boxes!

Agreed. The box is absolutely bland for such a 'loud' loco. Compared to other exclusives boxes, this one is rather plain. 

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Agreed. The box is absolutely bland for such a 'loud' loco. Compared to other exclusives boxes, this one is rather plain. 

The hobby has definitely come a long way if weve moved from the loco’s finish to the boxes’s finish.

The design is a standard Kernow limited edition box, so it fits all their others.

But agreed Accurascale have come up with some box designs which are becoming works of art of their own.

• Agree 3