Secret Army

The Stationmaster

• RMweb Gold

As some people might know this series is currently being repeated on 'Talking Pictures' .  The latest one - repeated yesterday afternoon - included an SS 'stool pigeon' posing as an escaped British airman being disposed of in a remotre, boarded up, railway signal box.  In case anyone was wondering about the location it was along way from Belgium as it was Savernake West 'box on the B&H Extension.  the motorbike & sidecar arrived on the trackbed of the former Marlborough branch.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

As some people might know this series is currently being repeated on 'Talking Pictures' .  The latest one - repeated yesterday afternoon - included an SS 'stool pigeon' posing as an escaped British airman being disposed of in a remotre, boarded up, railway signal box.  In case anyone was wondering about the location it was along way from Belgium as it was Savernake West 'box on the B&H Extension.  the motorbike & sidecar arrived on the trackbed of the former Marlborough branch.

Thank you, I did wonder.  Some of the earlier episodes show station scenes with some SNCF post War modernised 6-wheelers, complete with 1970s SNCF logos!

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

I thought it took a much authentic route once it got to Series 4 and it moved to France, only two of the original cast moved to the fourth  series, Hilary Minster and John D Collins.

I thought the former was General von Klinkerhoffen and the latter was being smuggled out of Nouvion disguised as an onion seller and  hidden in a barrel of brandy?  

When I was working in Belgium, the locals were all watching Allo Allo.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I thought the former was General von Klinkerhoffen and the latter was being smuggled out of Nouvion disguised as an onion seller and  hidden in a barrel of brandy?  

When I was working in Belgium, the locals were all watching Allo Allo.

Didn't say they played the same parts in series 4!!  Though Hilary was being typecast as the archetypal German

• RMweb Gold
On 16/12/2021 at 14:34, Steamport Southport said:

I hope they show Kessler which is the follow up.

I've seen Secret Army a few times, but I don't think Kessler has been repeated. I know it's available on DVD but it's not cheap.

Jason

It might now be repeated following the recent death of Clifford Rose - interest always seem to increase after an actor involved in a series has died

42 minutes ago, Fat Controller said:

Cynics might say it's because the broadcaster no longer has to pay a repeat fee....

They don't get much anyway.

I read an article with Su Pollard who played Peggy in Hi De Hi as well as other things, and every year they get a cheque for about £100 and that's from things that are repeated constantly as well as the DVDs.

Jason

Must admit I've been enjoying this, it's one of the few programmes I was allowed to stay up late to watch (the other being 'Danger UXB'). I'd forgotten how dark it was though, Lifeline seem to have bumped off more people than they've rescued so far! 

Mrs Wheatley, meanwhile, who was not allowed to stay up to watch it, is still wondering when Le Clerc appears. 

• Like 1