The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

"Cheap" Off Peak Electricity.

SamThomas

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, spikey said:

And that picture of that bloke on the right ensured that I won't be watching it.  What on earth message is the producer of that video hoping to convey by that?

The bloke whose in it whose channel it’s on? That bloke? 

• RMweb Gold

I met him once, when he was giving a talk on EVs to a local Science group. Quite approachable, and was happy enough to let people have a poke around his own personal Leaf, which was parked outside (at a time when they were still quite rare)

I saw him doing a talk about EVs and the surrounding issues at the RI. Obviously as a presenter and actor he has a slightly daft persona for doing such things, but he's also genuine and knowledgeable about EVs and renewables.

And Fully Charged is well worth a watch in general.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, spikey said:

And that picture of that bloke on the right ensured that I won't be watching it.  What on earth message is the producer of that video hoping to convey by that?

And it's put me off him. There are few things I loathe as much as wind turbines; they're the reason I'm very firmly pro nuclear. Any time you'd be aghast at, say, an oil refinery being built, well, I find these things about as appealing in the same place.

Edited by Reorte