3D Printing Railway designs collections

• RMweb Gold

Hi All,

Recently got a 3d printer, I was wondering if anyone knows of any particular sites that might be helpful in finding railway related designs that I can try and print out, most of the ones I've found are for the completed prints rather than just the design files themselves, any help would be much appreciated! 

• RMweb Premium

Not that I'm aware of, a lot of people don't want to share their designs, so it's a bit niche. Cults3D has quite a bit of stuff. It's definitely worth learning to design though if you really want to realise the benefits.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Cults 3d has one amazing contributor called krimble who puts loads of HO stuff on there. You may need to put the designs through a program to check they are 'manifold' or actually able to be printed first. If you are using an FDM printed my best advice is to slow the print speed down to 20mm second for better prints.

• Thanks 1

yeggi.com is a kind of search engine site which searches all 3D printing sites using one search.

For instance go to yeggi.com and search for say "GWR coach free" or whatever and you'll get listings from all the popular sites, thingiverse, cults3d etc, much of it not apparently relevant to what you searched for but enough to keep you printing away for a bit ,or until you learn a 3D modelling package then the world is your oyster.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Thanks 1